• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help I Need Ideas for an Advanced Cooking Show!

In summary, the lead caller booked a show with the consultant and they are having trouble coming up with ideas for recipes to use. The caller is looking for something new or different to show off at the show. The consultant suggests using the coating trays or deep covered baker to create a new recipe. The caller also wants to try to keep the recipes affordable. The consultant suggests using the pretzel butterflies or chicken in the deep covered baker as possible recipes. The caller also suggests copycatting the stainless steel cookware fact sheet.
melodyprine
Ok well I had a lead actually call me back yesterday and she booked a show with me. The thing that has got me stumped is she told me that all the ladys that are coming have been to lots of pc shows in the past and preatty much own everything that we use in our normall demos. She wants me to use newer or different items to show off at my show. I think she is even wanting mabey more than one recipe. I am not scared of the challenge I just need ideas of what to do. I was thinking of using the coating trays, or deep covered baker. You know things like that. Any ideas would be awesome. I was also wanting to try to keep the recipes not to expensive since she is going to have to buy the food for more than one recipe. Ok cant wait to hear your ideas.

melody

How about a recipe in the torte pans? You can make a cake or really mix things up and do a savory recipe (bake corn bread in them, then fill the wells with chili and top with cheese).
Something breaded (coating trays) and browned in the SS skillet
Entertaining/gift ideas

Maybe use something in the stainless steel since it's new? Just my idea but I'm new so what do I know:)

buzz26 said:
Maybe use something in the stainless steel since it's new? Just my idea but I'm new so what do I know:)
New or not sometimes newbees are the ones with fresh ideas! ;) I think Ann's idea is great! :D I also think that a lot of times if you allow the guests and hosts get really involved in preparing the recipe, they don't tend to get bored. I don't know what you have for games and give aways but you could always do a little extra in that department... People love to win things!:love: And if you don't have much to give away... I started with giving away free shipping, $5 off, etc. That sometimes works in your favor because someone who was debating on ordering is more likely to order just to use the gift they just won! Good Luck with your show, I am sure you'll do just fine!;)

I observed a show last week that many of the guests were PC pros. The consultant didn't talk much b/c she had the ladies go around and tell what they had at home, what they used it for, etc. That was nice b/c they sold to each other.

I would do a hands on show. A race show is always fun with this kind of crowd. I've done it with "seasoned" customers with great success.

buzz26 said:
I observed a show last week that many of the guests were PC pros. The consultant didn't talk much b/c she had the ladies go around and tell what they had at home, what they used it for, etc. That was nice b/c they sold to each other.
Great idea! It would also be good to play the "Have it! Love it! Want it!" game and who ever responds gets a chocolate kiss and the one with the most kisses wins! That way you are letting them sell it to themselves and having fun at the same time!

DebbieJ said:
I would do a hands on show. A race show is always fun with this kind of crowd. I've done it with "seasoned" customers with great success.
I was going to say that, too - make it a very interactive show. Have the guests do most of the work! Maybe at the same time as one of those demos, you can do the pork tenderloin in the DCB. Maybe do quick and easy handouts of all the things that the DCB can do...maybe the handout of all the recipes that I've seen on here.

Definitely do a demo in the SS saute pan. I'd say do the pizza one just to show them how you can do different things. Maybe make it a "Cookware Workshop" type of focus where you can really educate them on the benefits of both lines. Maybe copy the stainless cookware fact sheet that we got. and hey, maybe you'll sell some cookware! :) Good luck!

Wow....you guys are great! These are some great ideas. Can you please explain in more detail a "race" show.

How about doing the pretzel butterflies in the coating trays? You could have the guests help you out with them. We made them at our last cluster meeting and they were pretty, easy and fun. And then, you could always make the 30 minute chicken or something in the DCB to maybe get bookings for October.

I had a gal a year ago say the same thing to me so I played the game "Have it love it. . ." Everyone had a great time and it took a lot of pressure off of me because the guest sold everything for me. Everyone had a wonderful time and I got 6 bookings off that show. I gave a lot of tips out that had the PC junkies wanting more:)

melodyprine said:
Wow....you guys are great! These are some great ideas. Can you please explain in more detail a "race" show.

Do a search for "Amazing race". There were several threads about it and there are some detailed instructions in the files section. I was going to suggest this as well. It is a good idea for this kind of group. It will give them a different experience. They should enjoy it!

even the BBQ Ribs recipe or tenderloin, or chicken...the DCB is fairly new, and it's always impressive coming from the microwave...and do a hands on dessert, or race filling and decorating the Torte cakes(have the cakes premade at home). Quick, fun, and delicious!

Maybe a Pull Apart garlic bread in the 8'' saute, flip it out on SA square, grate Parmesan with Microplane and have pizza sauce to dip it -- yum with the chicken/ribs/tenderloin

hmmm...i'm hungary! LOL

Related to Help I Need Ideas for an Advanced Cooking Show!

1. How can I make my cooking show more engaging for advanced cooks?

To make your cooking show more engaging for advanced cooks, consider incorporating more complex and challenging recipes that require advanced techniques and skills. You can also provide tips and tricks for perfecting certain cooking methods and techniques, or have a guest chef demonstrate a unique and advanced dish.

2. What are some creative themes or ideas for an advanced cooking show?

Some creative themes for an advanced cooking show may include regional cuisines from around the world, fusion cooking, or a challenge-based show where participants have to use specific ingredients or cooking styles. You can also focus on a specific type of cuisine, such as molecular gastronomy or farm-to-table cooking.

3. How can I incorporate interactive elements into my advanced cooking show?

One way to incorporate interactive elements into your cooking show is to have audience members participate in the cooking process. You can also have a Q&A session with the chef during the show, or have a cooking competition among audience members. Additionally, you can use technology such as live polls or social media to engage with the audience.

4. What are some ways to make my cooking show more visually appealing?

To make your cooking show more visually appealing, consider using different camera angles and shots to showcase the cooking process. You can also use colorful and aesthetically pleasing ingredients, props, and table settings. Additionally, incorporating music or sound effects can add to the overall visual experience.

5. How can I attract a larger audience to my advanced cooking show?

To attract a larger audience to your cooking show, consider partnering with local food bloggers, chefs, or influencers to help promote the show. You can also offer special discounts or free tickets to first-time attendees, or collaborate with other businesses or organizations to reach a wider audience. Utilizing social media and creating a buzz around your show can also help attract more viewers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Boomerjojo
  • KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies