• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skype Cooking Show Please Help Me!

In summary, my grandmother wants to do a skype show but does not know what to do. People have suggested various demos and recipes.
pamperedchef88
Gold Member
I have read all the posts on this blog about skype and I really need some more specific ideas. My Grandma lives in Indiana and wants to do a show but does not want to sign or do a catalog show so she suggested a skype show which is fine with me but what in the world would this look like has anyone done this. I like the idea that someone else suggested about having each guest bring there favorite PC Product for show and tell that way there are some products at the show and I was thinking I could do queen of shoppers game via skype but what else should I have a demo arranged with my Grandmother and have her get the ingredients and make sure she has the tools and then have me read the instructions and the ladies at the show put together the recipe? I dont know I just really need some advice but the big thing is she wants to have the party this week or next week (which is great cause thats a second show before the 15th) but it leaves me scrounging for ideas

I think she means you would set up your webcam, and YOU do the demo. And everyone would be watching it like a cooking show. You could also do the QOS game or something else.

I use SKYPE to allow my out of state cluster members participate in the meetings. If you have a webcam you download skype and do the show and they watch it on their end if they have a webcam. if you don't have a webcam they are pretty cheap at Target or Walmart--around $15 Ithink. My laptop has it built in. You just aim the camera where you are going to be. It's very easy.

thanks for all the feed back however I have used skype many times before and my grandmother dosent really care how I do the show I just thought it might be nice to get ideas from people about what they have done at there shows

I did a wedding shower by skype one time. We dressed the host's husband up as the bride, it was hilarious.

What if you do the recipe at your house, and have your G-ma prepare the same thing ahead of time. Then when you're finished with your demo....voila! G-ma brings out the food and the guests get to eat it. (Of course you'd have to pick something she had the tools for.) Love, Love, Love this idea!

Or instead of doing a cooking demo, just show and demo about 15 of your favorite products and lead them through the catalog. You could use the micro-grater, the garlic press, melt ice on the scoop, core a pineapple, etc, and then talk about the pricier stuff like knives and cookware.

I also think it's a great idea to have your g'ma prepare food at her house so people aren't hungry while they're watching you. I think you really need to do the demo yourself or that kinda defeats the purpose!

What products does your Grandma already have? Does she have any Pantry items? If she has everything necessary, she can do a couple of sauces over cream cheese, and serve with crackers, make a dip with one of the rubs, and then make an easy trifle. As suggested, all of this can be ready before the guests even arrive. Then, when the guests are there, they can eat and watch you show how easy the Trifle is, watch you demo such products as the Ultimate Mandoline, the Rotary Grater, the Smooth Edge Can Opener, etc (items where seeing is good enough for believing), play the Queen of Shoppers game, maybe play the ticket game, and just relax and have fun. I would suggest (though, you probably already thought of this), having everyone place their orders online, because it might be a little uncomfortable doing this over Skype (privacy issue), but I see this a totally doable option. Can't wait to read about your results once the show is over.

Thanks for all the suggestions I am defenitly going to do the queen of shoppers cause what better way to be walked through the catalog without boring everyone lol. I only have sec to post but I will let everyone know how it goes later. If this works well it could open up alot of doors for me and any consultant really. Thanks again guys

What is a Skype Cooking Show?

A Skype Cooking Show is a virtual cooking demonstration where the host uses Skype to connect with viewers and showcase recipes, cooking techniques, and products from Pampered Chef.

How do I participate in a Skype Cooking Show?

You can participate in a Skype Cooking Show by joining the live video call through Skype. You can also interact with the host and other viewers through chat or by asking questions during the show.

Do I need to have a Skype account to watch a Skype Cooking Show?

Yes, you will need a Skype account to join and watch a Skype Cooking Show. You can create a free account on the Skype website or download the app on your computer or mobile device.

What equipment do I need to participate in a Skype Cooking Show?

To participate in a Skype Cooking Show, you will need a computer or mobile device with a camera and microphone, a stable internet connection, and the Skype app or software installed.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef products during a Skype Cooking Show?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products during a Skype Cooking Show. The host will provide information on how to order products and may also offer special deals and discounts for viewers during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Boomerjojo
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies