• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Show via Skype (Videoconferencing)

er...present. Brenda thinks doing a Skype show would be a great idea, and she's right--it would be a lot of fun!
Suzy Englert
Have any of you ever done a show by Skype/videoconferencing? I have a consultant who did a show, and one of the guests-who lives in California-wants to do a show. I'm thinking that I could help this guest find a consultant in CA to do the show, and the host would still get credit for the booking? Or he could do a catalog show too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

I know a couple of consultants in southern CA if you want to go that route.

I like the idea of Skype-ing the show. My first thoughts though would be that unless they have something hooked up where you would be displayed on a TV or something, most of the ladies wouldn't be able to see what you're doing. Crowding around a computer screen can be uncomfortable. And then there's the time difference. And what would HO say about a cooking show submitted thousands of miles away from you?

The host still gets credit for the show booked from her show.

Im a new consultant, but I think doing a Skype show would be great!! Actually a great idea, I would of never thought of it!! I may use that when I move to Korea to do my shows back home in the states!! Thanks for the idea!!

Personally if it can be done inexpensively - go for it! These days technology has given everyone so many opportunities to expand their businesses that I too, if I had it, would do it! I mean seriously, why not?

I don't think home office would say anything about a show getting submitted thousand of miles away from you. I had a consultant on my team who was married to a pilot and would fly to Arizona and do shows. There was never any problem.

I have thought of this exact thing--I love Skype. I did a virtual bridal shower 5 or 6 years ago--the bride was back east because her fiance was in the military and we are in California--her sister threw the shower for her and we dressed the sister's husband up as the bride and filmed it--it was hilarious. Skype would be a lot of fun. You can have them hook their computer up to the tv pretty easily.

NooraK said:
And what would HO say about a cooking show submitted thousands of miles away from you?

The host still gets credit for the show booked from her show.

I submit shows in NJ several times a year - I am always flying back & forth and anytime I go up I do a couple of shows while I am there.

HO will say nothing. I have had hosts do "consultant-less" cooking shows. Her friends come over, she makes food, they haul out all their PC and talk about it, take orders, etc. The consultant is available via phone or email with questions. Why shouldn't the host get cooking show credit? She had a cooking show!

I actually did a bridal show via Skype and it was sooo much fun! The bride and groom were in CA and the "cooking show" was in his mother's home. If you had a web cam that was separate from the computer, I think you would be okay! It's amazing how much you can see with the type that is clipped on or set above the computer screen. (We have one because our son is in the military.)
However, if you have a laptop with a webcam, that would be very crowded and probably hard for everyone to view the products/ making of the recipe, etc.

By the way, my director had me call HO with this idea...they were thrilled!!:D

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help!

Brenda

Wow, why didn't I think of this before? I have a friend who lives in AZ and I'm in PA. She is having a Stampin' Up! presentation on Friday night and she is also having a PC catalog show. All of her friends are really bummed that a "live" consultant won't be there to do the demonstration, and they want to actually DO the recipe themselves (i.e. - INTERACTIVE) so I'd just be telling them what to do and answering questions.

I can TOTALLY do Skype if she has a video camera on her laptop!! I'll have to send her an email to find out, and figure out the time difference thing. I think she's 2 hrs behind me, so if the show starts at 7pm, that's only 9pm for me, and after the kids are in bed, so it just might work!!

Thanks so much for the idea!! The last time this girl did a catalog show with me, it was over $1000 - I can only imagine how big it will be if I'm "virtually" there!! (yes, even with some of them ordering Stampin' Up!, too! LOL!!) :D

I have used skype for training with consultants who are away from the cluster.

We had our baby shower via Skype. The friends/family gathered at my in-laws house - but my MIL didn't consider having all the gifts mailed to us to open, she had each guest open the gift that they brought & show it to us on the computer so that SHE could see all the gifts. :rolleyes: We got them in the mail about 3 weeks later. So having experienced the "bored" end of the fun, I recommend that if your host already has the tools, to let the guest do an interactive show on their end! :D I think if you are walking them through the recipe or if they are watching you and mocking it on their end also that it would be fun. But I don't think that they would want to watch YOU make a recipe & then not be able to taste it! ;)

Related to Cooking Show via Skype (Videoconferencing)

What is a "Cooking Show via Skype" and how does it work?

A "Cooking Show via Skype" is a virtual cooking demonstration where a Pampered Chef consultant shares tips, techniques, and recipes with guests through videoconferencing using Skype. The consultant will guide guests through step-by-step instructions and answer any questions they may have in real time.

What equipment do I need to participate in a "Cooking Show via Skype"?

To participate in a "Cooking Show via Skype", you will need a computer or mobile device with a stable internet connection, a webcam, and a microphone. It is also recommended to have a large screen or TV to better view the demonstration.

How do I book a "Cooking Show via Skype"?

To book a "Cooking Show via Skype", you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant in your area. They will provide you with available dates and times for the virtual cooking demonstration.

What types of recipes will be featured in a "Cooking Show via Skype"?

Our consultants feature a variety of recipes in their "Cooking Show via Skype" demonstrations, including appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and more. They also offer options for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free or vegetarian recipes. You can also request a specific type of recipe for your virtual cooking demonstration.

Can I invite friends and family to join the "Cooking Show via Skype"?

Yes, you can invite friends and family to join the "Cooking Show via Skype" as long as they have the necessary equipment and a stable internet connection. It's a great way to have a virtual cooking party with loved ones who may not be able to physically attend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedchef88
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • junkfortara