• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Grilling Recipes for a Cooking Show - Help!

I have a customer (and a good friend) that wants to do a grilling show.No problem.HOWEVER, I don't do the grilling in my house, my husband does.She has said she will do the grill part of the show, but I need a few recipes to toss her way. . . any ideas?Suggestions?Help!
StaceyPagan
I have a customer (and a good friend) that wants to do a grilling show. No problem. HOWEVER, I don't do the grilling in my house, my husband does. She has said she will do the grill part of the show, but I need a few recipes to toss her way. . . any ideas? Suggestions? Help! :cry:

Stacey Pagan
[email protected]

You could do Pizza on the Grill, we just did this in our last training and it was fabulous. We made the Tomato & Olive pizza and a pizza with Barbeque Chicken, peppers & onions and we have done chicken on the skewers seasoned with different rubs and veggies in the basket. That gives them a chance to sample the different rubs and seasonings and adds variety.

If you're looking at a June show, just grill chicken on skewers. Then do taste testing with the sauces so everyone can try the sauces they'll get free with $60 order. I did this last year when the sauces were the guest special. I made asparagus (with garlic, olive oil, and lemon pepper rub) on the bar pan in the oven (375 for about 8-10 minutes), and coconut rice in the rice cooker plus. It was a HUGE show. I used the petite bamboo bowls and small bamboo spoons to put the sauces in, dots bowl for the rice, and put the asparagus on the bamboo platter. Sold a ton of bamboo, rice cookers, and the sauces. It was super easy (the host did the grilling). If you make the grilling part easy, you can do pretty much anything else you want!

Liseit said:
You could do Pizza on the Grill, we just did this in our last training and it was fabulous. We made the Tomato & Olive pizza and a pizza with Barbeque Chicken, peppers & onions and we have done chicken on the skewers seasoned with different rubs and veggies in the basket. That gives them a chance to sample the different rubs and seasonings and adds variety.

How do you make the pizza on the grill?

I think the recipe is right in our catalogs.

"If you're looking at a June show, just grill chicken on skewers. Then do taste testing with the sauces so everyone can try the sauces they'll get free with $60 order."

This is genius!!! I'm definitely going to offer this to my June hosts! Thank you :)

Thanks for the ideas! I'll see what the host wants to do! :) Great ideas!!!!

I don't grill AT ALL...we don't even own a grill!

I do pizza on the grill, did that last summer and it went over great! I got a recipe, I think on here in the files section, where you take 8in flour tortillas and put the sauce on each of them and then all the toppings, they grill for about 5 min or until cheese is melted, I aleviated that problem of standing over and doing all the work myself, by having the guests make their own pizzas and I just stood over the grill and made sure they were done.
A pizza bar, put all the toppings in the prep bowls, including the sauce, and have them make their own. It was awesome and my guests loved it.

I love the pizza bar idea...I have several grilling shows coming up and everyone wants to do something different! I haven't made all the plans yet so I would like to just offer a couple of choices. But a couple of my hosts want to do a dessert...any suggestions for a fairly easy one?

ChefBevShu said:
I love the pizza bar idea...I have several grilling shows coming up and everyone wants to do something different! I haven't made all the plans yet so I would like to just offer a couple of choices. But a couple of my hosts want to do a dessert...any suggestions for a fairly easy one?

Fruit pizza or fruit salsa

pchockeymom said:
If you're looking at a June show, just grill chicken on skewers. Then do taste testing with the sauces so everyone can try the sauces they'll get free with $60 order. I did this last year when the sauces were the guest special. I made asparagus (with garlic, olive oil, and lemon pepper rub) on the bar pan in the oven (375 for about 8-10 minutes), and coconut rice in the rice cooker plus. It was a HUGE show. I used the petite bamboo bowls and small bamboo spoons to put the sauces in, dots bowl for the rice, and put the asparagus on the bamboo platter. Sold a ton of bamboo, rice cookers, and the sauces. It was super easy (the host did the grilling). If you make the grilling part easy, you can do pretty much anything else you want!

I'd love to do this at my party this Saturday. Is the coconut rice recipe on the PC website? I don't have any sauces to bring Saturday but I have lots of rubs - any special rubs you'd recommend to use on the chicken on the grill? Thank you.
Eileen

EileenPC said:
I'd love to do this at my party this Saturday. Is the coconut rice recipe on the PC website? I don't have any sauces to bring Saturday but I have lots of rubs - any special rubs you'd recommend to use on the chicken on the grill? Thank you.
Eileen

No the recipe is one I made up when I found a thai chicken recipe in a cookbook. It's the same as regular rice except I add an extra 1/4 cup water. 1 cup rice, 2 1/4 cups coconut milk/water (a can of coconut milk is roughly 15 oz).

As for the rubs, they're all good on chicken! Thai, BBQ, Lemon Pepper, Citrus & Basil, Chili Lime, Chipotle.

When I do couples show, I cut the guys loose on the grill without me. I give them rubs & let them choose what they want to put on the chicken & I stay in the house with the women. LOL

That is what I do with the chicken I let them have a knife along with the grilling tongs and other items then off to the house with the ladies, we do a salad

I have a "Grill Wars" idea that I have pitched to one of my hosts. Have tossed around several ideas and want to see if anyone has done something like this already. It will be a couples show. My first idea since it is a war was to do the cooking on a regular grill vesus the grill pan. Throw in some sides competition - with the dessert and salad. Don't want it to get overly expensive for the host either. Any suggestions???

1. What are some easy grilling recipes for a cooking show?

Some easy grilling recipes for a cooking show could include grilled chicken skewers, grilled vegetable skewers, grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers, grilled pork chops, and grilled steak with chimichurri sauce.

2. Can you suggest some vegetarian grilling recipes for a cooking show?

Yes, there are many delicious vegetarian grilling recipes that would be perfect for a cooking show. Some options include grilled halloumi with vegetables, grilled portobello mushrooms with balsamic glaze, grilled tofu skewers, grilled vegetable kabobs, and grilled corn on the cob with herb butter.

3. Are there any healthy grilling recipes that would be suitable for a cooking show?

Absolutely! Grilling can be a great way to prepare healthy and delicious meals. Some healthy grilling recipes for a cooking show could include grilled salmon with lemon and herbs, grilled chicken with mango salsa, grilled vegetable and quinoa salad, grilled shrimp and vegetable skewers, and grilled portobello mushroom burgers.

4. Can you recommend some unique and creative grilling recipes for a cooking show?

Sure, there are endless possibilities for unique and creative grilling recipes. Some ideas could include grilled watermelon and feta salad, grilled avocados with salsa, grilled peaches with honey and balsamic glaze, grilled pizza, and grilled stuffed bell peppers.

5. Are there any dessert recipes that can be made on the grill for a cooking show?

Definitely! Grilling can add a unique and delicious flavor to desserts as well. Some dessert recipes that would be perfect for a cooking show could include grilled pineapple with coconut whipped cream, grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream, grilled pound cake with berries and whipped cream, grilled banana boats, and grilled apple crisp packets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzbeth
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ckarasevic