• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Easy Retirement Party Food Ideas for a Small Gathering

In summary, my husband is retiring and I am planning a small party. I am looking for finger foods that do not need to be heated, are not messy, and will be served to children. Ideas include antipasto platters, crockpot appetizers, and trifles.
pkd09
Silver Member
My husband is retiring:cry: I am planning a small (30-40) family/close friends/co-workers party (7 p.m.-?) and am looking for finger/munchie foods other than the standard veggie tray, etc. Everything I am coming up with in PC recipes need to be heated (oven or microwave) before serving. I don't want to be hidden away in the kitchen prior to the party. There will be some children there so I also need to be carefuly about messy recipes. Idea PLEASE!?

3 cheese walnut spread1/2 cup walnuts coarsley chopped and toasted8 oz cream cheese1/2 cup 2 oz crumbled blue cheese1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded1/8 tsp black pepper1 TBSP parsley snippedapple or pear wedges & crackerspreheat oven to 350 place walnuts in small oval baker Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until lightly toastedmicrowave cream cheese on HIGH 1 minute, add blue cheese, mozzarella & pepper.remove baker from oven, add nuts to cheese. Mix well spoon cheese mixture into oval bakerbake 8 - 10 minutes garnish with parsley.
Serve with crackers or sliced baguette breadNot sure when the party is but if its Fall I make my cheeseballs look like mini pumpkins. Otherwise skip the almond in the top. By making the balls it makes serving easierHere is my cheese ball recipe.In the fall I use the small scoop roll it into finely shredded cheese and add a slivered almond for a stem and make mini pumpkins2 8 oz cream cheese
1 sm jar pimentos drained
1 clove fresh garlic
4 tsp finely chopped onion
2 tsp worcestershire
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 16 oz pkg shredded cheese PLUS 1 8 oz pkg of cheese or 2 pkgs carl budding dried beef
In mixing bowl mix cream cheese, pimentos, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and 16 oz pkg shredded cheese with your mixer.
form into 1 large ball or individual balls.
Roll in remaining 8 oz cheese or finely chopped dried beef
Refrigerate several hours. Serve with crackers.

Last edited:
what about a cheese tray with a variety of grapes
bowls of flavored almonds
boiled shrimp
breads and assorted deli meats/cheeses or a chicken salad
antipasto platteri'll look thru some of my party recipes.ARTICHOKE TAPANEDE12 oz marinated artichokes drained1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives3 cloves garlic1/2 tin anchovies2 tbsp fresh lemon juice4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1/4 cup capers2 tsp lemon zest gratedsalt and fresh ground peppertoasted baguette slicesin a food processor finely chop artichokes and olives remove and put in a GLASS bowlprocess garlic, anchovies, lemon juice & olive oil in the food processor until pureed. Add more olive oil until the consistency is a heavy emulsion add to bowl and combine. mix in capers, lemon zest, salt and pepper. We also serve a baguette of crusty bread and a log of chevre goat cheese rolled in fresh cracked pepper and they can spread it on bread.

Last edited:
Greek Cheese torta, baked brie (could be ready to put in the oven ahead of time), mini quiche lorraine tartlets (don't have to be served hot), brownie truffle cups are great and can be done ahead and frozen (even with the ganache already in it), the new peppermint cookie things are also quick and easy and could be done ahead. I did a double batch and it was fine. Sometimes I do brownies, drizzle white choc all over and then top each square with a hug (white choc with brown stripe) . It looks fancy but is so easy.

I'll have to think of some more...

pkd09 said:
My husband is retiring:cry: I am planning a small (30-40) family/close friends/co-workers party (7 p.m.-?) and am looking for finger/munchie foods other than the standard veggie tray, etc. Everything I am coming up with in PC recipes need to be heated (oven or microwave) before serving. I don't want to be hidden away in the kitchen prior to the party. There will be some children there so I also need to be carefuly about messy recipes. Idea PLEASE!?

I go through the same thing - I hate to be tied to the kitchen at a party.

Have you thought about crockpot appetizers? Do they need to be PC?? The Sweet & Sour meatballs (Chili Sauce and Cranberry or Grape Jelly) are good and easy to have ready ahead of time. I also do Velveeta/Sausage/Ro-Tel dip in the crockpot.

Many times I assemble the Pizza Dip and Touchdown Taco Dip earlier in the day and stick them in the oven to come out right before guests arrive.

How about a trifle? These can be made a little bit ahead of time.

The ClubHouse Chicken Squares can be made ahead and kept in the fridge and brought out when the guests arrive.

Try making dips out of our Southwestern, Dill, Chipotle or BBQ Seasonings.

My all time favorite dessert for make-ahead is the Profiterole Puffs. Make them completely (fill the puffs) (without drizzling the chocolate on) and freeze them. This can be done days/weeks ahead. Take them out of the freezer a half hour - 45 minutes before needing and they will get the perfect temperature. I just drizzle Hershey Syrup on top to keep it simple.

tortilla spirals are easy to make and slice ahead of time and just serve.Are you having a cake or finger desserts?
choc covered strawberriesThe hot trend here at parties and wedding receptions is to serve different types of cookies and the pretty apothecary jars filled with assorted candy for the guests to help themselves.

1. What are some easy appetizers for a retirement party?

Some easy appetizers for a retirement party could include mini quiches, stuffed mushrooms, vegetable platters with dip, and cheese and crackers.

2. Can you suggest some main dishes that are both delicious and easy to make?

Some delicious and easy main dishes for a retirement party could include slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches, grilled chicken skewers, baked pasta dishes, and build-your-own taco or sandwich bar.

3. What are some fun and creative dessert options for a retirement party?

For a retirement party, you could try making a fruit tart, mini cheesecakes, chocolate-covered strawberries, or a retirement-themed cake or cupcakes.

4. Are there any vegetarian or gluten-free options for retirement party food?

Yes, some vegetarian options could include roasted vegetable skewers, quinoa salad, and spinach and feta phyllo cups. For gluten-free options, you could try making gluten-free pasta dishes, grilled shrimp skewers, or a fruit and cheese platter.

5. How much food should I plan for a small retirement party?

For a small gathering of around 10-15 people, plan on serving 3-4 appetizers, 1-2 main dishes, and 1-2 dessert options. It's always better to have a little extra food rather than running out, so consider making larger portions or having some backup options on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kearstin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kearstin
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • DebPC