• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baby Shower Need Ideas Not Pampered Chef

In summary, the neighbor was planning a baby shower for her daughter-in-law but when her best friend called and said she was too far away, the neighbor decided to move the shower to her house. So far, she has received three no RSVPs and five yeses. The guest list includes 43 people, some of whom are coming from as far away as 1 hour. There will be punch, food, and gifts.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
Sunday, I am hosting a baby shower for my neighbors daughter in law. I had originally planned it as a grandma's shower but her best friend called and told me since she lived too far away from the new baby (1 hour) it wasn't practical to give her a grandma shower and proceeded to tell me we were using glass luncheon plates, who we couldn't invite and we were moving it to HER house, Finally, I said ______(another neighbor) & I are hosting!!!
She said no ______ & I are helping.

Excuse me???

I have dealt with this woman since April......
I told her my menu she snipes back if its on Sunday you only serve cake and punch!!! (they ordered a cake for 50 people and its costing us $15) I'm a nervous wreck !!!

Originally, my neighbor said it would be very small. I told her to invite who you want.
well, she gave me 43 addresses some had up to 5 names so we are at 64 guests if everyone could attend.
so far I've had 3 no rsvp and 5 yeses (1 is a lady who wasn't invited but heard about it and called and said she was coming..... she told me that as I kept repeating her name looking down my guest list.)

We are having:
3 kinds of punch (mine and the other "non invited" hosts are each bringing their favorite,)
cream cheese mints I made
nuts
veggie tray
cheeseball & crackers

What else would you serve?

Normally, I would be excited and on top of it but it is the 4th party/activity I'll be hosting this week and I'm at a loss for food ideas. 2 on the same night thanks to each of my sons volunteering our house at church.... so we are having a sit down meal in the dining room for a Bible study for my college son and the Senior high Youth for swimming and BBQ.

I am thinking maybe fruit skewers and chocolate dipped strawberries

HELP!!

I wanted strawberry spinach salad & chicken salad and croissants. I really need ideas this woman INTIMIDATES me !

wow, good luck! people can be so rude! i would suggest the hot pizza dip, that is always a hit with anything i do... and maybe oreo truffles as a little extra!

I feel if this is being held at your house then you serve what you want. I love ideas for the salads and croissants. Don't let her intimidate you remember it's your house and no one should tell you want you are serving.

yes, its at my house my husband is having a cow where is everyone going to park & sit??? Our neighborhood is 1 acre lots with no sidewalks and we are the center of a very busy curve.

I am trying to keep it "elegant" as far as food pizza dip is yummy but its usually my standard for teen parties and it cools fast and gets messy..

I am doing a rubber ducky theme so we have bought a huge rubber ducky to float in the punch. (Mine, their punch is a mocha punch) my 14 year old is helping and she didn't want the duck in brown punch.

They bought their own gifts wouldn't go in with my neighbor and I. I am a little frustrated but I didn't grow up in the South and am unsure of all the etiquette,
her biggest gripe was the amount of $$ I had spent.... (& I kept several of the receipts for the favors, decorations & flowers when I buy them)
I finally said postage and invites were expensive. She said thats why we need my glass plates UGH!! I don't want to WASH THEM.

I just had a baby shower for a great friend of mine (her 2nd baby and my first chance at giving her a shower). I made the Profiterole Puffs & mini french silk pie (the mousse cup recipe from a season or two ago). I use pie crust instead of phyllo dough and make mini crust in the mini-muffin pan. As a staple for ALL showers, I make wraps (or rollups) and cut them into small 1-2 bite size wheels. They are girly food so that's fun and you can do anything with the insides! I also had out fancy salsa and chips in my small caddy. It was a PC show in the way of the beautiful SA out!Don't worry about it. Do your thing and if they get to be too much, just say I would love you to be there in my home, but if this party isn't making you comfortable, maybe you'd like to do your own. Too snippy?

Thanks!!
I just hung up from my best friend & she said I should attend both church services Sunday to get in extra prayer time so i'll keep my mouth shut.

I guess part of me is ticked about being railroaded into her hosting . She even offered to take off work Friday to help me clean..... UMMMM she's never been to my house & its always clean so that offended me.
The other half is the RUDE people who do not RSVP!!!

No one in my are RSVPs. I have gotten to where I jsut leave it off the invite.

The Strawberry Amoretti Pastries are great for showers. I do not put the tops on them, I make 24 one out of one batch instead of 12. They look beautiful displayed in the 3 tier stand.

I usually do bunch, finger sandwiches and something sweet. Sweet not being a cake b/c I get tired of cake for every thing.

I usually do mints in diapers made out of napkins. I play a came and put a piece of chocolate in one and who ever finds the "poop" wins a small prize.

I do the game with guess the amount q-tips in the baby bottle for a prize too.

The original hostess & I decided not to play games if all these (or most) show up opening gifts will take forever.

You can always do a game based on the gifts, like Gift Bingo. Give everyone a blank bingo card and have them write in things they think the mom to be will receive. Then they cross them off as she opens them. It's a good icebreaker, because they can ask people they're sitting near what they brought, in order to list those things on the card.

Teresa Lynn said:
The original hostess & I decided not to play games if all these (or most) show up opening gifts will take forever.

That's I play those that I listed. They do not take any extra time. The diaper one is while people are eating and the q-tips are guessed when everyone signs the book.

Related to Baby Shower Need Ideas Not Pampered Chef

1. What are some unique and creative ideas for a baby shower that don't involve Pampered Chef products?

There are plenty of fun and creative ideas for a baby shower that don't involve Pampered Chef products! Some popular options include DIY decorations, personalized games, and themed food and drinks. You could also consider hosting a potluck where each guest brings a dish to share, or having a craft station where guests can create homemade gifts for the mom-to-be.

2. Do you have any non-Pampered Chef gift suggestions for a baby shower?

Absolutely! Some great gift ideas for a baby shower that don't involve Pampered Chef products include nursery decor, baby clothes, books, and even a gift certificate for a relaxing spa day for the mom-to-be. You could also consider putting together a personalized gift basket with items like diapers, wipes, and baby bath products.

3. Are there any fun activities or games that don't involve Pampered Chef products for a baby shower?

There are plenty of fun and entertaining activities and games that don't involve Pampered Chef products for a baby shower. Some popular options include baby shower bingo, guessing games such as "Guess the Baby Food" or "Guess the Mommy's Tummy Size," and creating a time capsule for the baby to open on their 18th birthday. You could also consider setting up a photo booth with props for guests to take silly pictures.

4. Can you recommend any budget-friendly ideas for a baby shower that don't involve Pampered Chef products?

A baby shower doesn't have to break the bank! There are plenty of budget-friendly ideas that don't involve Pampered Chef products, such as hosting the shower at someone's home or a local park, creating DIY decorations, and having a potluck instead of catering. You could also consider using free printables for invitations and games, or asking friends and family to help with setup and cleanup instead of hiring a professional.

5. Do you have any suggestions for a baby shower theme that doesn't involve Pampered Chef products?

There are countless creative and unique baby shower themes that don't involve Pampered Chef products! Some popular options include a "Baby-Q" backyard barbecue, a "Welcome to the World" travel-themed shower, or a "Mommy and Me" spa day. You could also choose a color scheme or animal theme, such as "Pretty in Pink" or "Safari Adventure." Let your imagination run wild and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies