• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you heard of a Celiac Shower?

In summary, a "Celiac Shower" is a party or event that celebrates and supports someone who has recently been diagnosed with celiac disease or is living with the disease. It differs from a regular shower in that the focus is on providing resources and support for the individual's dietary restrictions. Anyone can host a "Celiac Shower", and some gift ideas may include gluten-free cookbooks, kitchen tools, gift cards, or a subscription to a meal delivery service. Pampered Chef products can also be helpful for someone with celiac disease, offering a variety of kitchen tools and resources for gluten-free cooking and baking.
chezshelly
Gold Member
I have a host who's daughter was just diagnosed with Celiac. She said someone told her about a celiac shower that people have done, I guess like a wedding shower? Help if you know what I'm talking about. Thanks!

Shelly

I don't know what a celiac shower is but it's not too hard to adjust a recipe to make it gluten free. Nowadays there are so many options. A lot of companies are offering gluten free mixes. You can do a lava cake in the DCB or do a red pepper dip in the garlic & brie baker.. I think our spices are gluten free. I'd have to read the labels. Just an FYI to pass on to your host.. Rumford Baking Powder is gluten free. Best of luck to her daughter.

My son has about 15 known food allergens .. if you need advice on changing anything out, feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Perhaps the Celiac Shower is because the host is overwhelmed with having to replace kitchen items that aren't safe to use any longer because their contact with gluten and so they want friends to help her replace things? Not sure if that's the reason behind it or not. Personally, if that is the reason, I'd lean more towards the host explaining to people as she invites them that because of her daughter's diagnosis and because she needs to replace so many things, she decided to host a party. She hopes they can come and have a good time. This way with the host rewards, she can save $$ replacing things. (I wouldn't expect my friends to buy me things, but by them purchasing their own things, I'd then get good host rewards.) ;)

What is a "Celiac Shower"?

A "Celiac Shower" is a party or event that celebrates someone who has been recently diagnosed with celiac disease or has been living with the disease. It is a way to show support and provide resources for the individual to help them navigate their new dietary restrictions.

How is a "Celiac Shower" different from a regular shower?

A "Celiac Shower" is different from a regular shower in that the focus is on providing support and resources for someone with celiac disease. This may include gluten-free food options, recipes, and kitchen tools that can make cooking and baking easier for someone with celiac disease.

Who typically hosts a "Celiac Shower"?

A "Celiac Shower" can be hosted by anyone, including family members, friends, coworkers, or even the person with celiac disease themselves. It is a way for the community to come together and show support for the individual.

What are some gift ideas for a "Celiac Shower"?

Some gift ideas for a "Celiac Shower" could include gluten-free cookbooks, kitchen tools such as a gluten-free bread maker or spiralizer, gift cards to gluten-free restaurants or grocery stores, or even a subscription to a gluten-free meal delivery service.

How can Pampered Chef products be helpful for someone with celiac disease?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and products that can be helpful for someone with celiac disease. This includes tools for easily making gluten-free pasta, spiralizing vegetables for gluten-free noodle substitutes, and baking tools for making gluten-free bread and desserts. Pampered Chef also has a selection of gluten-free recipes and resources available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies