• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Successful Kick-Off Party: Finger Food Ideas!

In summary, a woman is planning a party for her husband's new business venture and is looking for ideas for easy and delicious finger foods and desserts that can be prepped ahead of time. Some suggestions include Tuxedo Brownie Cups, Festive Cheese Spread, Hot Mexican Spinach & Sausage dip, Fruit & Cheese platter, Profiterole puffs, Baked Asian Potstickers, roasted peppers and vegetables, and various dips served in Pampered Chef products. Other ideas include Paula Deen's Lemon Blossoms, Pecan Tassies, and a trifle.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My husband is having a kick-off on Thursday evening at our home for a new business venture that he's starting. Of course, I'm doing all the food and of course I will be serving it on as much Pampered Chef products as I can :p .

I need a few ideas for good party food that does not require a knife for the guests. I want mostly finger food or food that requires only a fork. Any ideas? Since I will be making everything myself, I want stuff that I can prep ahead or something that does not require a lot of time to make. I will probably need to feed @ 20 people. I am looking for appetizer (hot & cold) and dessert type items.

So far I'm thinking about:
Tuxedo Brownie Cups
Festive Cheese Spread (recipe that comes with the Bamboo Cheese Board)
Hot Mexican Spinach & Sausage dip (non PC but oh so good!).
Fruit & Cheese platter

Any other great ideas or recipes that you like? I think I have enough recipes with cheese in them. I want another dessert recipe that is not chocolate and a couple more appetizers.

Thanks for your help!

I always get rave reviews for the Fiesta Chicken Dip that's in the create-a-dip section of Stoneware Inspirations. You could prep that ahead and then just nuke it when the time comes.

Profiterole puffs are pretty easy, you can bake them ahead and freeze. Make sure you thaw them, though, because they're HARD if you don't!

I also dig the Baked Asian Potstickers...you can make them ahead and freeze them and then bake as needed.

I LOVE tuxedo brownie cups, too...you can bake them ahead of time, too and then just fill them when you set it all out.

Do it ALL on Simple Additions and serve the hot dip(s) in stoneware! Make sure to "accidentally" leave out some Pampered Chef stuff..."Oh, I forgot to clean up that pile of catalogs...would you like to look through it since it's here?"

I went to a non PC party last night and the host had a plate of roasted orange and yellow peppers. They were small peppers and still had the stems on them. She roasted them in the oven with olive oil, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. I like to roast my veggies like that in the bar pan. She also had some cucumber slices and small tomatoes on the same plate that she poured some dressing over and added the kosher salt and freshly ground pepper on them. That plate was so colorful and everything on it tasted so good. Everybody loved it
Sandy

Last edited:
with the mini muffin pan make cups out of ham slices and fill it with a combination of spinach, cream cheese and mozzarella/parmasean. Very yummy and very pretty and easy to make!

The Touchdown Taco Dip with chips is always great!

I thought the new Shrimp Ceviche cups were delicious - you can make the cups up to a week ahead and fill them later...

Ohh, I second the touchdown taco dip! That one is always a hit! There is never any left over (shucks!)

What about Paula Deen's Lemon Blossoms you make those in the mini muffin pan? They are great by the way!

You can also use the chillzanne rectangular server or the round one for a veggie platter or make some devilled eggs.

I always make Pecan Tassies....everybody loves them and they are easy to make. I also think fresh veggies and fruit would be a great idea.

Touchdown Taco dip is always great! Maybe some cold dips like the Roasted Garlic & Red Pepper. Are there desserts that aren't chocolate? Maybe a white cake mix in the Silicone Cupcake Pan. Or from the Celebrate Cookbook, the Cappuccino Trifle? Can't remember exactly what it's called and not home to check. It has pound cake, pudding, cool whip and you could make it in the trifle bowl.

How about a trifle? That can serve lots of people. LOVE the tuxedo brownie cups too, also love the touchdown taco dip. Of course, anything in the mini muffin pan; mini ham puffs are good, or those new shrimp cups.

Mini quiches! They can be served hot or cold, and use whatever veggies, etc. that you want to put in them.

What are some easy and delicious finger food ideas for a kick-off party?

Some popular finger food ideas for a kick-off party include mini quiches, vegetable platters with dips, fruit skewers, meat and cheese platters, and mini sandwiches or sliders. These options are easy to prepare and can cater to a variety of dietary restrictions.

How many finger food options should I offer at my kick-off party?

It is recommended to have at least 5-7 different finger food options for a kick-off party. This allows for a good variety and ensures that all guests are able to find something they enjoy.

Can I make the finger foods in advance?

Yes, many finger foods can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until the party. This can help save time and stress on the day of the kick-off party.

What are some vegetarian or vegan finger food options?

Vegetarian and vegan guests will appreciate options such as hummus and vegetable platters, bruschetta, stuffed mushrooms, grilled tofu skewers, and fruit skewers. It's always a good idea to have a few plant-based options available for those with dietary restrictions.

Are there any gluten-free finger food ideas?

Yes, some gluten-free finger food ideas include rice crackers with cheese and meats, stuffed peppers, gluten-free crackers with hummus or dips, and fruit kabobs. It's important to label any gluten-free options so guests are aware and can enjoy them without worry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci