• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Appetizer Ideas for Hosting a Party

In summary, most people recommend appetizers that are easy to make and are popular with everyone. Some favorite appetizers include buffalo chicken dip, clubhouse chicken squares, spicy shrimp ceviche cups, mini ham puffs, garden ranch pizza, lemon pepper crab canapés, mini quiches, lemon pepper crab bruschetta, and Touchdown Taco Dip.
Chef Ritz
Does anyone have ideas for appetizers? I have a host that wants to make a couple appetizers at her party.

Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes

Clubhouse Chicken Squares
Hot Pizza Dip
Fruit and Dip (no specific recipe there)
Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups (which are also good filled with taco meat/cheese/salsa)

Salsa Fresca & Guacamole w/ chips......and Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue w/ Strawberries and baked Cinnamon chips.....:D

Mini Ham Puffs
Garden Ranch Pizza cut in small squares
shirmp wonton cups

mini quiches are great

ooh--- I love mini quiches. And they're so versatile, because you can use things in them that are specific to the group, or even leftovers (ham, chicken, taco meat, etc.)

The lemon pepper crab bruschetta (did I spell that right??). It's tasty, and so simple. Plus, you can make the crab salad stuff and just serve it with crackers if you don't want to the toasted bread route.

Everytime I make this I marvel at how easy and how much everyone loves it.

Lemon Pepper Crab Canapés

Ingredients:

Canapé Bread
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough (or just use a french baguette cut into thin slices)

Filling
1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
1 can (5 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 lemon
1 green onion with top, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, grated
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix
1 cucumber, sliced
Fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:
1. For canapé bread, preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray inside of a bread tube and lids with vegetable oil. Place lid on bottom of bread tube; fill tube with dough. Place lid on top. Bake, upright, 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into 1/4-inch slices.

2. For filling, chop crabmeat and water chestnuts. Zest lemon with to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Slice green onion. Grate carrot. In a bowl, combine crabmeat, water chestnuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, green onion, carrot, mayonnaise, and seasoning mix; mix well.

3. Score cucumber lengthwise at 1/2-inch intervals. Cut cucumber in half crosswise; remove seeds. Slice cucumber. Arrange bread slices on a round platter; top each bread slice with 1 cucumber slice. Place one scoop crab mixture in center of each cucumber slice. If desired, garnish with small leaves of fresh parsley. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: (Light) (1 canapé): Calories 110, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper can be substituted for the Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix.

To serve crab salad on toasted canapé bread slices, preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bread slices in single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely. Proceed as recipe directs.

Sometimes I skip the canape part, and just make the salad and serve with crackers. This could also be used for a sandwich filling.

These all sound wonderful. Thank you!!!

Buffalo Chicken Dip is so yummy. But you should like spicy to like that! I also like the Roasted Potato Bites. Those are more of a fall/winter recipe though.

Touchdown Taco Dip!!

chefann said:
Clubhouse Chicken Squares
Hot Pizza Dip
Fruit and Dip (no specific recipe there)
Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups (which are also good filled with taco meat/cheese/salsa)
I'm not sure what I did wrong with the shrimp ceviche. The tortillas would not stay down in the mini muffin pan. It was horrible to put together, and I'll probably never make it again. It tasted good, but what should I have done to get the tortillas to stay in the cups and not rip open?

I warmed the torillas in the micro first, and that seemed to help. My first batch was a disaster like yours it sounds..I switched brands of torillas (thicker ones--for burritos I think) and it worked much better.

The wontons that were in the SB a while ago....uhmmm The Baked Potstickers SB Spring 06 (still at CC) and the Caprese Mini Sandwiches. Both of those are big hits whenever I have a party! An all time favorite of mine is the Tomato-Basil Squares from the All the Best cookbook.

I made the Black Bean Salsa for our meeting the other night and everyone went eild over it. Super easy and tasty. Also it was a big recipe so great for a lot of people.

I was planning the Elegant Artichoke Cups for my show tomorrow. Potentially a LOT of guests. Can I make the cups ahead of time? Or will they get stale? I was planning on making a double batch of filling at the show and at least one batch of cups before I get there just to make sure I have enough and make the demo move a little quicker.

Savoury Cheese CrostiniThis is an awesome appetizer, and it shows a lot of product! It's great "social food" as people eating it assemble their own creations. It's a lot of fun.

Also, the New Consultant Recipe for Elegant Artichoke Cups is nice too - quick and easy if you need to do 2 recipes.

Any more tips on makeing successful shrimp ceviche? Did I spell that right? Anyone?

Last edited:
LisaVH said:
I was planning the Elegant Artichoke Cups for my show tomorrow. Potentially a LOT of guests. Can I make the cups ahead of time? Or will they get stale? I was planning on making a double batch of filling at the show and at least one batch of cups before I get there just to make sure I have enough and make the demo move a little quicker.

So, has anyone tried to make the cups in advance? Does it work?

1. What are some easy and delicious appetizer ideas for hosting a party?

Some easy and delicious appetizer ideas for hosting a party are mini quiches, bruschetta, stuffed mushrooms, cheese platters, and vegetable platters. These can be prepped ahead of time and are sure to please your guests.

2. Can you recommend any vegetarian or vegan appetizer options?

For vegetarian appetizers, you can try caprese skewers, hummus with pita bread and vegetables, spinach and feta phyllo cups, or fruit skewers. For vegan options, consider avocado toast bites, vegan spinach and artichoke dip, or roasted chickpeas.

3. I want to impress my guests with unique appetizers. Any suggestions?

Some unique appetizer ideas include bacon-wrapped dates, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, stuffed dates with goat cheese and honey, brie and cranberry bites, or crab and avocado wonton cups. These will definitely impress your guests.

4. I have guests with dietary restrictions. What are some appetizer options I can provide?

If you have guests with dietary restrictions, consider offering a variety of options such as gluten-free crackers with different dips, fruit and cheese platters, vegetable spring rolls, or shrimp cocktail. You can also label the dishes with their ingredients to make it easier for your guests to choose what they can eat.

5. I want to serve hot appetizers, but I don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen. Any suggestions?

Some easy and delicious hot appetizers include meatballs in a slow cooker with BBQ sauce, mini hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls, baked brie with jam and crackers, or chicken skewers with teriyaki sauce. These can be prepped ahead of time and cooked right before your guests arrive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sboothpcchef
Replies