• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Appetizer in the Dcb or Grill Pan

The dish is an appetizer and it contains Velveeta cheese, hamburger, onion, salsa, crushed peppercorn and garlic rub, and tomatoes. It is served like nachos and the ingredients are for toppings.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I always do appetizers in november, and I want to continue that tradition, but I really want to use the Grill Pan and / or the DCB.

I looked through the DCB recipe files and haven't found anything...any ideas? I really want an appetizer, not a dessert.

TIA!

One dish I love in the DCB is the Easy Beef Salsa Dip. It's been hugely popular with friends/family, plus it can showcase the ease of browning ground beef in the microwave :)1lb of Velveeta Cheese
2 lbs Hamburger
1 medium onion
1 16 oz Mild or Medium Salsa
1 tbsp Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub (if you have no seasoning leave it out or add some taco seasoning)
2 roma tomatoes
8 0z Sour Cream
Green onions (optional)
Tortilla Chips In Deep Covered Baker, break hamburger and add onion chopped with food chopper. Place in microwave for 4 minutes covered. Remove and chop hamburger with Mix n Chop, place back in microwave for 3-4 minutes until done. Drain fat from hamburger. Cut cheese into small cubes. Add Garlic and Peppercorn Rub, and then add cubed cheese. Pour in Salsa. Place back in microwave for 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, green onions. Place sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions in Dots Trio bowl. Remove baker from microwave and stir!

Moroccan Chicken Fillo Cups or Crostini Melts
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium red onion
1 small red bell pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded sharp or mild cheddar cheese
2 boxes Athens mini fillo shells or 1 loaf of French bread, thinly sliced
Moroccan rub

Before Show Starts: Preheat oven to 350º. Put fillo shells or French bread slices on Large Sheet Pan or Large Bar Pan.

1. Trim fat from chicken using Professional Shears and place in ziploc bag with Chef’s Tongs.
2. Pound chicken in bag using the flat side of the Meat Tenderizer. Once pounded, put in Deep Covered Baker with Chef’s Tongs.
3. Brush chicken with oil using Silicone Basting Brush.
4. Add at least 1½ TBS of Moroccan Rub to top of chicken.
5. Cut pepper into quarters on Cutting Board using one of our Forged Knives. Scoop up with 2 Handy Scrapers and toss on top of chicken.
6. Slice onion into baker using Ultimate Mandoline or cut into wedges using Veggie Wedger.
7. Cover baker and microwave 8 - 10 minutes.
8. When chicken and vegetables are finished, use Oven Mitts or Pads to transport baker onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Keep food inside baker and invite guests to chop into bite-sized pieces using Salad Chopper.
10. Sprinkle in cheddar and mozzarella cheese and mix well using one of our Nylon Spoon or Silicone Scrapers.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired, using Bamboo Grinder Set.
12. Spoon chicken mixture into each fillo cup or on to French bread using Small Stainless Scoop.
13. Heat in oven 5 minutes until cheese is melted. ENJOY!

minirottie said:
Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, green onions. Place sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions in Dots Trio bowl. Remove baker from microwave and stir!

This sounds like a yummy dip but what are the sour cream, tomatoes and free onions for? Is it served like nachos?

Hi there! I totally understand your desire to continue your tradition of doing appetizers in November. The Grill Pan and DCB are both great tools for creating delicious and unique appetizers. One idea that comes to mind is using the Grill Pan to make some grilled vegetable skewers. You can marinate your favorite veggies in a tasty sauce and then grill them in the pan for a flavorful and healthy appetizer. Another idea is using the DCB to make some mini quiches or frittatas. You can fill them with your favorite ingredients and bake them in the DCB for a quick and easy appetizer. I hope these suggestions help, and happy cooking!

1. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker or Grill Pan to make appetizers?

Yes, both the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and Grill Pan are versatile tools that can be used to make a variety of appetizers.

2. What types of appetizers can I make in the DCB or Grill Pan?

You can make a wide range of appetizers in the DCB or Grill Pan, including but not limited to: stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, meatballs, bacon-wrapped jalapenos, and mini quiches.

3. Do I need to preheat the DCB or Grill Pan before using it for appetizers?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the DCB or Grill Pan before adding your appetizers for even cooking and to prevent sticking.

4. Can I use the DCB or Grill Pan on the stovetop to make appetizers?

Yes, both the DCB and Grill Pan are safe to use on the stovetop, making them convenient for cooking appetizers quickly.

5. How do I clean the DCB or Grill Pan after making appetizers?

The DCB and Grill Pan are both dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils on the non-stick surface to prevent scratching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
minirottie
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
aksusan
  • emmabelle47
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies