• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buttermilk Biscuit Dough Appetizer Ideas for a Mystery Host Dinner

In summary, the person is hosting a mystery host show and is looking for an appetizer idea that uses buttermilk biscuit dough in a mini muffin pan. They have already chosen a main dish of Chicken ranch blt pizza squares, dessert of turtle cake with vanilla ice cream, and drink of tangerine citrus punch. Suggestions are given for using the biscuit dough, such as making pizza bites or using tortilla cups from the SB ceviche shrimp recipe. They also mention finding a file with 60 mini muffin recipes in the group's files section.
Joelen
I'm hosting a mystery host show Friday where I'm providing a 3-course dinner to about 15 attendees. So far this is my menu... but can anyone suggest an appetizer that would work well and showcase the mini muffin pan? I would specifically like an appetizer that uses buttermilk biscuit dough - not the flaky kind. Any ideas??

appetizer - ??? using buttermilk biscuit dough in mini muffin pan
main - Chicken ranch blt pizza squares
dessert - turtle cake in fluted stoneware pan w/vanilla ice cream
drink - tangering citrus punch

TIA!

U could do the Pull-a-Parts.

It won't let me edit. I did not realize you were wanting the mini muffin pan to be used.

What about cutting them up small and doing a pizza bite. You could add the sauce and toping to the top pf the biscuit. Press the biscuit down with the tart shaper and make a little well in them for the toppings to go in. I have never done this, I am just thinking of the top of my head which could be dangerous the way my week is going.

I know you say you want to use buttermilk biscuit dough...but I've found using more than one dough recipe to sometimes be a little overwhelming on the menu.

The tortilla cups (see the SB ceviche shrimp recipe) give a nice crunchy texture and might be a good contrast.....and they are GREAT to demo. (I make the cups ahead of time and then demo just how to cut the tortilla and shape it in the pan.) You can add herbs to the oil (to flavor the cups) and fill them with whatever filling you want. (You can even use melted butter, some cinnamon, and then fill with cut up fruit if you want) Just an idea.

Good luck....I know your guests are going to be spoiled (I love your blog!)

leggy

I'll second the ceviche shrimp cups, they really are delicious, different, and shaping the tortilla into a cup is, IMHO, ingenius. Also, go into the files section here and search for mini muffin, you'll find a file with about 60 recipes, both sweet and savory. Hope that helps and have a great dinner party!

What are some easy appetizer recipes for a party?

Some easy appetizer recipes for a party include spinach and artichoke dip, mini quiches, bruschetta, vegetable platters with dip, and cheese and cracker trays.

How can I make appetizers that are both delicious and healthy?

You can make delicious and healthy appetizers by using fresh, whole ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. You can also incorporate ingredients like herbs, spices, and healthy fats to add flavor without adding excess calories.

What are some appetizer recipes that can be made ahead of time?

Some appetizer recipes that can be made ahead of time include cold dips, cheese balls, and stuffed mushrooms. You can also prepare ingredients for dishes like bruschetta or crostini ahead of time and assemble them just before serving.

How can I create appetizers for a large group without breaking the bank?

You can create appetizers for a large group without breaking the bank by using budget-friendly ingredients like beans, lentils, and frozen vegetables. You can also make simple dips using pantry staples like canned tomatoes and spices. Additionally, buying in bulk and making use of seasonal produce can help save money.

What are some creative presentation ideas for appetizers?

Some creative presentation ideas for appetizers include using skewers or toothpicks to make bite-sized versions of dishes, arranging ingredients in a visually appealing way on a platter, and using edible cups or bowls made from ingredients like wonton wrappers or cucumber slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • sunnygirl in nd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sells-a-lott
  • Sheila