• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Kids' Christmas Party: Ideas for Snacks

In summary, the conversation is about hosting a Christmas party for 7 kids ranging in ages 2-12. The host is looking for snack ideas and is concerned about hot chocolate being too hot and causing sticky handprints. Other parents suggest options such as Christmas cookies, snack mixes, mini ham puffs, cold milk or ice cream in hot chocolate, pretzels, fruit, fruit dip, and wipes. They also discuss options for a craft activity and mention pizza, pigs in a blanket, and a chocolate and peanut butter Chex mix as snack options. One parent suggests making chocolate mice using cherries, chocolate, Hershey's kisses, and almond slivers. Other suggestions include chicken nuggets, tater tots, mac and
mrssyvo
I need some help, since it has been awhile since I have had kids in the house. We are hosting a Christmas Party for 7 kids, ranging in ages 2-12 and I do not have a clue as to food to serve. It is between 1 and 3, so I am not doing lunch, I would just like a few snacky items, but I do not have a clue. I am afraid hot chocolate will be too hot, and I do not want sticky hand prints throughout the house. They will be making pretzel wreaths to take home. help!!!!

Christmas Cookies!

I helped w/ DS's party at school - 4 yr olds - and they LOVED each having their own Christmas Cookie to decorate and eat, along with juice.

Also - Snack Mixes (like Chex Mix) and he likes the Mini Ham Puffs, too. (just chop everything really fine, so it's not recognizable as onion, or ham, or parsley!)

I add cold milk to the hot chocolate for the kids, or a dab of ice cream. Pretzels, apple wedges, clementine oranges, perhaps some fruit dip, and of course some Xmas cookies. It is hard with the age range to have like crunchy carrots, etc.And most importantly, a box of WIPES!!!

gailz2 said:
I add cold milk to the hot chocolate for the kids, or a dab of ice cream. Pretzels, apple wedges, clementine oranges, perhaps some fruit dip, and of course some Xmas cookies. It is hard with the age range to have like crunchy carrots, etc.

And most importantly, a box of WIPES!!!

Never thought about adding ice cream! DS would love that!
by the time we get finished making his hot chocolate, it's lukewarm chocolate.

That's okay, because for him, it's all about the marshmallows!:D

I just did a party for my DD (5) and 5 other kids.

We had baby carrots and grape tomatoes with dip (ranch and sour cream mixed). Grapes and fresh pinapple, sugar cookies (I ran out of time and bought a tub of dough. It was actually way better than I expected!), then chips and "pigs in blankets" - those little smoky sausages wrapped in half a biscuit. We use the small biscuits that you get in tubes of 10, usually as a 4-pack of tubes that are pretty cheap. This is great beacuse it is super quick and easy, yummy and warm, and the kids love them!

Then we had cake. Another option for something warm would be to do pizza, but cut it into really small squares to be a snack food instead of a "main dish".

Oh, and we did the pretzel wreaths as a "craft" too! Each kid had a small paper plate and some squares of wax paper. I also had extra small plates with their names on for moving them to set. Then I melted white and dark chocolate in a bunch of prep bowls for the kids to share. I used choc chips and added a small bit of crisco to make it easier to dip into. The sprinkles were around the table for them to use when the wreath was ready. They did a great job for being 5 (plus two 3 year olds!). Before they left, I put their wreaths into cellophane bags, they each did about 3.

Anyway, I hope this helps...

Pizza bites, pretzels, apple wedges, grapes, pigs in a blanket (I cut hot dogs in half if you can't find the cocktail weiners and roll them up in crescent rolls). What is the name of that Chex Mix (something Buddies)? It has chocolate and peanut butter and covered in powdered sugar.

We had a party here at work the other day and one co-worker and his wife made little chocolate mice - they were SO cute! I think they'd be a hit for kids.

melt chocolate, dip marachino cherries in the chocolate, lay cherry on it's side so the stem is the tail, put a hershy's kiss on the other side of the cherry to be the face then put almond slivers on top for the ears.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
chicken nuggets, tater tots, mac & cheese are always a hit at my house.

Also Trader Joe's has these really mini pizzas, about the size of a bagel bite. I had a party for my 3 yr old and the 3 kids that came all were picky eaters, and they LOVED the pizzas.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
We had a party here at work the other day and one co-worker and his wife made little chocolate mice - they were SO cute! I think they'd be a hit for kids.

melt chocolate, dip marachino cherries in the chocolate, lay cherry on it's side so the stem is the tail, put a hershy's kiss on the other side of the cherry to be the face then put almond slivers on top for the ears.

These are soooooo cute!

sk8rgrrl99 said:

I think I could do these -- they are so cute!

1. What are some easy and festive snack ideas for a kids' Christmas party?

For a fun and simple snack, try making Grinch fruit skewers using green grapes, strawberries, and a banana slice for the Grinch's face. Another easy option is to decorate sugar cookies with red and green icing and sprinkles.

2. How can I make the snacks healthier for a kids' Christmas party?

Instead of traditional Christmas cookies, try making fruit and cheese Santa hats using strawberries and small pieces of cheese. You can also serve veggie sticks with hummus or yogurt-based dips for a healthier option.

3. Are there any allergy-friendly snack ideas for a kids' Christmas party?

Yes, you can make Rudolph rice cakes using rice cakes, sunflower seed butter, pretzels, and raisins for a nut-free snack. For a gluten-free option, try making Grinch popcorn by mixing popcorn with green candy melts and adding red and green M&M's.

4. Can the kids help make the snacks at the party?

Absolutely! Kids can have fun decorating their own Christmas tree-shaped rice crispy treats with icing and sprinkles. You can also set up a hot chocolate bar with toppings like marshmallows, whipped cream, and candy canes for the kids to customize their drinks.

5. How can I make the snacks more interactive for the kids at the party?

Set up a holiday-themed charcuterie board with different types of crackers, cheese, fruits, and meats for the kids to create their own snack creations. You can also have a DIY hot cocoa station where kids can mix and match different flavors and toppings for their hot chocolate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pattikake
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies