• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a DS Party: Ideas for Wine & Savory/Sweet Dishes

I'd choose a Reisling White wine, the following will go well with the white Cheesy artichoke cups on large square cranberry plates Faux brie with the Raspberry Habanero SauceChampaigne cake adapted for the trifle bowl
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I almost never have DS parties in my home but on Sat I am having "one of those" parties... I want to serve wine (I'm clueless) and want to make something savory and something sweet. I'm thinking a chocolate caramel trifle to show off the bowl. For savory I'm thinking either the new hot artichoke bites (as a dip) or just the dipping stuff.

Any ideas and what wines to pare with it. I would like to have a red and a white.

TIA!

Make it easy on yourself and do one of the brie recipes. They're SO easy and elegant. Or do the sauces over cream cheese with crackers. Both go with your wine and you can show them off on a bamboo platter.

I was thinking a sauce over cream cheese... yes so good and super easy!

I'd choose a Reisling White wine, the following will go well with the white
Cheesy artichoke cups on large square cranberry plates
Faux brie with the Raspberry Habanero Sauce
Champaigne cake adapted for the trifle bowl

As for red, I always love a Cabernet Souvignon, which would go well with a shrimp appetizer or mini meatballs wrapped in bacon and served with grated cheese.

Yum... I love parties.. this is such an awesome job!!

Faux Brie
Take a can of croissants, roll it out and place block of cream cheese on it. Spread on habanero sauce liberally, then fold the croissants over it and seal using the tart tool. Brush with egg whites then Bake at 350 for 30 min in the mini stoneware. Serve directly from the mini-stoneware.

If you get really inspired, you can use the little PC cookie cutters to decorate with little cut out croissants!

Last edited:
Dotty said:
I'd choose a Reisling White wine, the following will go well with the white
Cheesy artichoke cups on large square cranberry plates
Caux brie with the Raspberry Habanero Sauce
Champaigne cake adapted for the trifle bowlAs for red, I always love a Cabernet Souvignion (sp), which would go well with a shrimp appetizer or mini meatballs wrapped in bacon and served with grated cheese.Yum... I love parties.. this is such an awesome job!!Faux Brie
Take a can of croissonts, roll it out and place block of cream cheese on it. Spread on habanero sauce liberally, then fold the croissonts over it and seal using the tart tool. Brush with egg whites then Bake at 350 for 30 min in the mini stoneware. Serve directly from the mini-stoneware.
Faux Brie...that's the most clever thing I've seen on here in a while! Though I think the French teacher in me died a little bit inside upon reading it. :)

And by the way, I still think it sounds delicious!

Thanks for the suggestions...

I'm leaning toward the savory not being hot...

What is a good wine to serve with Chocolate?

1. What are some ideas for wine and savory dishes to serve at a DS party?

Some ideas for wine and savory dishes to serve at a DS party could include a cheese and charcuterie board, bruschetta, mini quiches, meatballs, and stuffed mushrooms. These dishes pair well with a variety of wines and can be easily prepared ahead of time.

2. Can I incorporate sweet dishes into my DS party menu?

Definitely! Sweet dishes can add a nice balance to the savory options. Some ideas for sweet dishes could include chocolate covered strawberries, fruit skewers, mini tarts, or a dessert platter with a variety of options for guests to choose from.

3. How can I make sure the wine and food pairings at my DS party are successful?

It's important to consider the flavors and characteristics of both the wine and the food when pairing them together. Generally, lighter wines go well with lighter dishes, and bolder wines pair well with richer, heavier dishes. You can also refer to a wine pairing guide for specific recommendations.

4. Is it necessary to have a variety of wine options at my DS party?

While it's not necessary, having a variety of wine options can cater to different tastes and preferences of your guests. You can offer a mix of red and white wines, as well as different varietals and price points to accommodate a range of tastes and budgets.

5. How can I make my DS party more interactive with the wine and food?

One idea could be to have a wine tasting game where guests can try different wines and guess the varietal or region. You can also have a DIY station for guests to create their own mini pizzas or crostini with various toppings. Another option could be to have a blind taste test where guests can try to identify different wines based on their taste and aroma.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • HealthNut