• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are Some No-Oven, No-Microwave Recipe Ideas for Parties?

In summary, Carol's friend is having a party in a couple of weeks and is leaving the recipe ideas up to Carol. However, due to liability reasons, Carol will not have access to an oven or microwave. Carol is in need of ideas for the party, and has chosen the double chocolate mocha trifle as her dish.
amybee
I have a friend of mine who is having a party in a couple of weeks. She is leaving the recipe ideas up to me. The only problem is that her party will be at a restaurant she owns with her husband. I will be in separate room but I will not have axcess to an oven or microwave, due to liability reasons. So I am in need of ideas. I am going to do a trifle in the new trifle bowl, but want to also have something else. I am asking her if we she can re-heat something that I make ahead of time, like a pizza. Thanks in advance!
Amy

Is she there for the party? Can she put it in the oven for you?

Otherwise, we are covered for insurance for our shows - hence the $2 coming out each month...

I forgot all about the insurance we get deducted for. I am waiting to hear back from her about having her reheat whatever I make. She will be there too.

Hopefully that'll give you the freedom to do whatever recipe works best for you! :)

amybee said:
I have a friend of mine who is having a party in a couple of weeks. She is leaving the recipe ideas up to me. The only problem is that her party will be at a restaurant she owns with her husband. I will be in separate room but I will not have axcess to an oven or microwave, due to liability reasons. So I am in need of ideas. I am going to do a trifle in the new trifle bowl, but want to also have something else. I am asking her if we she can re-heat something that I make ahead of time, like a pizza. Thanks in advance!
Amy

Speaking as one who owned a restaurant/bar, and one who did shows there, stay out of the kitchen. The staff will appreciate it. Even being an owner, and being exp in the kitchen, I tried to stay out of the kitchen as much as I could. Most shows are done around 7'ish, and that's dinner time.

One show I made the brownie banana split pizza and chicken clubhouse squares. I had pre-baked the brownie/crescent rolls mid afternoon, during the slow period.

If you are doing a trifle, great idea. The squares are easy to do and everyone loves them. Another idea, the lemon pepper crab bruschetta. Just serve them on sliced french bread.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks Carol. I like the brushetta idea. And her party is at 7pm. Do you have that recipe handy?
Thanks

ohhh.... the bruschetta recipe from It's Good For You is sooooooooooo yummy!

Lemon Pepper Crab Canapés

Ingredients:

Canapé Bread
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough
(or use baked french bread and slice)
Filling
1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
1 can (5 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 lemon
1 green onion with top, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, grated
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix
1 cucumber, sliced
Fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:
1. For canapé bread, preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray inside of a bread tube and lids with vegetable oil. Place lid on bottom of bread tube; fill tube with dough. Place lid on top. Bake, upright, 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into 1/4-inch slices.

2. For filling, chop crabmeat and water chestnuts. Zest lemon with to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Slice green onion. Grate carrot. In a bowl, combine crabmeat, water chestnuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, green onion, carrot, mayonnaise, and seasoning mix; mix well.

3. Score cucumber lengthwise at 1/2-inch intervals. Cut cucumber in half crosswise; remove seeds. Slice cucumber. Arrange bread slices on a round platter; top each bread slice with 1 cucumber slice. Place one scoop crab mixture in center of each cucumber slice. If desired, garnish with small leaves of fresh parsley. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

I have also made this as a spread and arranged crackeres, bread, etc around it. It is so simple and so good.

Plus using the "fake" crab keeps the price reasonable.

Clubhouse chix squares

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Clubhouse Chicken Squares 001.doc
    78 KB · Views: 302
  • RECIPE CARD - Clubhouse Chicken Squares 002.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 270
Thank you Carol and Teresa. Sounds excellent.

Well I spoke to the hostess and she said I can make a pizza ahead of time and have them cook it there. I will demo double chocolate mocha trifle in the new trifle bowl. She passed on the crab becasue she was not sure how many people would like it, plus she doesn't like crab.
So thank you to everyone for their ideas.

I did a show at a restaurant in February -- I did the Harvest Chicken Salad (pre-cooked the chicken or you can have the host buy a rotisserie chicken). The salad dressing is awesome for this salad and it's a great salad!

I love that salad. I use a raspeberry walnut vinegarette though. I think it better than the orange dressing.

How about a sandwich ring of some type? Make the bread at home and you can demo all the tools with the veggies you put on the sandwich?

I HEARTILY reccoment Collossal Chopped Salad -- precook the chicken and pasta :) Do the asian dressing in the measure mix and pour, bring a bottle of ranch for the non adventurous, and bring a yummy trifle with you :)

You can show off a TON of product with this demo -- not to mention some things that we overlook at times (asian dressing) and the salad is featured in the S/S SS.

It's also PERFECT for summer entertaining!!! :)

amybee said:
I love that salad. I use a raspeberry walnut vinegarette though. I think it better than the orange dressing.

Since I'm REALLY allergic to raspberries, I'll stick with the orange! (I used to eat raspberries all the time as a kid, but hit puberty and started getting sick to my stomach when I ate them -- hit my 20's and would break out in a rash if I accidently ate -- now in my 30's I get violently ill, hives and breathing issues. It's so bad now that I've reacted to fake raspberries. Ok with strawberries and blueberries, but can't do any of the "beaded" berries (rasperry, blackberry, mulberry). I had mulberry trees at my old house and ended up in the hosptal when I swept them off the deck -- enough juice got into the air and I inhaled that I had a major reaction. Ick!)

1. How do I find recipe ideas for specific dietary restrictions?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of recipe ideas that cater to different dietary restrictions. You can find them by filtering our recipes on our website by selecting the dietary restriction option that fits your needs. We also have a "dietary needs" section on our blog where you can find even more recipe ideas.

2. Can I search for recipe ideas by ingredient?

Yes, you can search for recipe ideas by ingredient on our website. Simply type in the ingredient you want to use in the search bar, and it will bring up all our recipes that include that ingredient. You can also use our "pantry search" feature, which allows you to input multiple ingredients and find recipes that use them.

3. Are there any kid-friendly recipe ideas available?

Absolutely! We have a section on our website dedicated to kid-friendly recipes. You can also use our "kid-friendly" filter when searching for recipes. Our blog also has a "cooking with kids" section where you can find fun and easy recipes to make with your little ones.

4. Can I save recipe ideas to my account?

Yes, you can save recipe ideas to your account on our website. Simply click the "save" button on any recipe you want to save, and it will be added to your account's recipe box for easy access later. You can also create and save your own recipes on our website.

5. Are there any recipe ideas for special occasions or holidays?

Yes, we have a wide selection of recipes for special occasions and holidays. You can find them on our website by filtering for specific holidays or occasions, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or birthdays. Our blog also has a section dedicated to holiday recipes and ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jode7227
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • JenWard