1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recipe Help Needed for No Oven show.. small microwave.

1. twinkie10

twinkie10 Member Gold Member

Will you please throw some ideas out to me on some recipes tha can be made withOUT and oven (I'm not sure how she gets along everyday w/o and oven!). I've tried talking her into a DCB show, but her microwave is too small. Thank you sooooo... much!

Sep 4, 2009
  2. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

after dinner mint triangles for the SB pg 22
    a trufle (if requires brownie chunks you could always have the pre baked)

Sep 4, 2009
  3. AmyDare

AmyDare Member

You could do the double chocolate mousse cups. It'd almost have to be a dessert or a salad without an oven. What about the cheeseburger salad (just do the buns at home before the show)?

Sep 4, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

From S/S 09

Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple

Or Fresh Pineapple Salsa

5. twinkie10

twinkie10 Member Gold Member

Thanks for the ideas, ladies! Keep'em coming! I forgot to mention that I did a trifle dessert for her before, so I was kind of hoping to do something different.

The DCS.... hmmm... can't remember if she's been to a show where I did this.. I'll have to think about this one, but it is a great show recipe!

Sep 4, 2009
  6. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Why don't you do either Veggie Pizza (Garden or Oriential) or Chicken Clubhouse squares. You can bake crescent rolls at your place before you go and just "finish" it there.

Same with desserts, couldn't you make say, the Brownie Bites for Tux. Brownies?? Cookie for dessert pizza??

Or 7 Layer SW salad in trifle bowl??

That's what I'm thinking off top of my head.

HTH,

Lisa

7. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I'd go for a triffle, a salad or a micro cake in either the rice cooker or fluted stone, explaining that the recipies can also be done in the DCB.

Creamy One Pot Pasta is also a good choice.

8. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

You can do the Lemon Cakes from a few seasons ago in 6 of the 1 cup Prep Bowls in the microwave.

9. poohritz

poohritz Member Gold Member

I second the mint triangles as you only need to soften cream cheese and melt butter. besides that they are just so good.

Sep 5, 2009
  10. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I agree!

I made them for DH for a meeting at work, and he came home with 4 requests for the recipe - plus 2 more requests the next day!

He and DS don't seem to get tired of them either. I've made them 3 times now!

Sep 5, 2009
  11. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

What cookies are you using for the Mint Cookies??

Girl Scout Thin Mints?? Keebler Thin Mints??

Just wondering. Neither of them are cheap so wondering how they stay affordable.

Lisa

12. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Keebler has Grasshopper Cookies, I agree they aren't cheap but you could always see if your store carries a generic.

Sep 5, 2009
  13. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I buy the Meijers brand thin mint cookies. They are $1.99 a package. Someone said that Walmart has a store brand too, so I would imagine that other regional/national chains would too.

This past week though, Meijers had all the Keebler cookies 3 for $5, so I bought the grasshopper cookies. Couldn't tell a difference between those and the Meijers brand I've used previously.

Sep 5, 2009
Have something to add?