• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Affordable and Easy Recipe Ideas for Feeding a Crowd on a Budget

D
DizziePixie
Hi All,

I want to take some prepared recipes to local businesses to drum up some business, but, of course, I don't want to break myself in the process! I know some trifles are cheap, but that doesn't always work for every crowd.

I'm taking something to the fire station tomorrow- any sugestions for a bunch of guys? I'm thinking maybe a 30 minute chicken and mashed potatoes in the batter bowl...

Thanks for your help! I searched the site for cheap ingredients recipes, thinking there should be a thread on this somewhere, but I had no luck. If anyone knows where it is, I'd love that , too!

Rhonda

Clubhouse Chicken squares

Here's the recipe

Print this recipe on BLANK 4 x 6 index cards (really cheap right now because of back to school specials)

You can stamp your info on them

~

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Clubhouse Chicken Squares 001.doc
    78 KB · Views: 263
  • RECIPE CARD - Clubhouse Chicken Squares 002.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 251
I did the brown sugar/dijon baked brie this weekend for a party at my house, and I think the ingredients (I didn't count the brown sugar, mustard, and almonds b/c I had those already at home bought in bulk) cost me $5.49 for the brie and $1.29 or so for the baguette. That's not too pricey and it is absolutely delicious. Not sure if it is a fire house favorite but it is yummy and cost effective!

The Profiterole Puffs are a pretty cheap recipe and they're really good! They are also a good finger food to just drop off!

Rhonda,
I replied yesterday morning to your email with some threads on this topic. Did it get lost or dumped in your spam folder? I'm on a different computer at the moment, so I don't have access to my sent items, but I'll try to remember to post the info in this thread for you.

Here's the note I sent you with some applicable threads. Hope this helps!

Thanks, Ann. This will get me started, Ladies. I'm not sure what I'll do for the firemen. I know they get sweets from the ladies in the city a bit, so I was trying to steer cear, but those are good ones for other businesses.

Sorry about 2 threads on this. When I originally tried to post it, it told me I had to wait 30 seconds between each post (weird!), so I went off to do somethin else and submitted i when I got back- now I have 2 threads! SORRY!!

Ok, I decided on the Hot Pizza Dip for the fireman. I didn't have any mozzarella, so I used.....cheddar :p Wish me luck!!!!!

I like the cheap ingredients idea, though- keep the ideas rolling, and I'm going to check out some of the links Ann mentioned, too :) Who couldn't use cheap ingredient recipes, even if we're just making them for our families??

1. Can you provide some affordable recipe ideas for feeding a crowd?

Some affordable recipe ideas for feeding a crowd on a budget include pasta dishes (such as spaghetti or mac and cheese), chili, casseroles, sandwiches, and stir-fry. These dishes typically use inexpensive ingredients and can be made in large quantities to feed a crowd.

2. Are there any easy recipes that are budget-friendly for large groups?

Yes, there are many easy and budget-friendly recipes for feeding a crowd. Some examples include slow cooker meals, one-pot dishes, and sheet pan meals. These types of recipes often require minimal preparation and use affordable ingredients.

3. How can I avoid breaking my budget while preparing meals for a large group?

To avoid breaking your budget, plan your meals in advance and make a shopping list based on affordable ingredients. Look for sales and discounts on ingredients, and consider buying in bulk to save money. You can also opt for simpler and more budget-friendly dishes rather than extravagant or expensive ones.

4. Do you have any suggestions for meals that are suitable for a group of men?

For a group of men, you can consider making hearty and filling meals such as chili, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, loaded baked potatoes, or a build-your-own taco bar. These types of meals are typically satisfying and can be customized to individual preferences.

5. Is there a specific thread or resource for finding cheap ingredient recipes?

There are many websites and blogs dedicated to budget-friendly cooking and recipes, such as Budget Bytes, The Kitchn, and Allrecipes. You can also search for specific ingredients on these sites or use keywords such as "budget-friendly" or "cheap" in your search. Additionally, social media platforms like Pinterest and Instagram can be great sources for finding affordable recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
higoobs