• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some budget-friendly recipes for a dinner party?

In summary, the woman who is also a friend of mine spent a good amount of money on it so I want to make a great meal. She wants to do an app, main course, and dessert.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
We had an auction at our church and I put in to cook for whoever was the high bidder for up to 10 people. So I am trying to think of some WOW recipes that will not break my bank. The woman who is also a friend of mine spent a good amount of money on it so I want to make a great meal. Does anyone have any ideas for some good, simple recipes that I could make for it. I hope this doesn't sound greedy but I want to make sure that I use a bunch of PC products even though it is not a show so that I might get some business out of it as well.

Heidi~

You are not being greedy....just smart if you want to showcases the great tools you have from PC!!

Anything that needs to be served: use SA stands and pieces...even if you have to borrow from someone!

Do you have any ideas for main course? How "advanced" of a cook are you? Are you wanting to have an app, main course, and dessert?

I would do one of the Brie recipes for an appetizer.....and definitely a trifle for dessert. For the main dish - hmmmm, so many good choices right now - might have to think about that one!

Yes I would like to do an app, main, and dessert. I was thinking I will probably just do a trifle as the dessert they are simple and I love the trifle bowl. I am a pretty good cook (not to sound stuck up) but, I do most of the cooking at home. Her and I have not set up a date yet and I am thinking about getting another Trifle Bowl so maybe a nice salad in another trifle bowl or do you think that that would be overdoing one product. My biggest concern is the main course. But app ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The Spinach Strawberry Salad is so pretty and colorful, and a wonderful side salad for any type of chicken, fish, or pork - I love it! I have done some PC Dinner Party Theme shows, and I do the 30 minute chicken, with this salad, and a trifle.......it's always a huge hit! You would need 2 chickens though.

The Artichoke Chicken recipe in the 29 minutes cookbook is really good!

kearstin said:
What about the Sauteed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce that is being discussed on another thread? It sounds really good and is not your everyday kind of meal...

LOL I can't believe that I didn't think of that one...I was even involved in that thread. That would be a good one.

serve the salad in the SA dots bowl and put 2 dressings in small squares and caddy.

I have a really good chicken recipe I'll look it up. It' s very easy and my standard feed alot of people recipe.

TY...I would appreciate a good chicken recipe. Even if I don't use it for this I can never have too many chicken recipes that is mostly what we eat at my house. I also think that chicken is a pretty safe idea when you don't know what type of people you are cooking for. And do you mean the Dots Large Round Bowl??

Chicken Ala Teresa

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (use fresh not frozen)
6 slices swiss cheese (I use the whole Package)
1 can mushroom soup and add at least 1/2 cup wine (more if you need, ha...it just tenderizes the chicken)
1-2 cups of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing mix (I think it's the blue bag)
1 stick melted butter

Place chicken in pan, layer cheese on top, pour mushroom/wine mixture on top
seasoning mix on top and melted butter on top. Cover and bake at 375 for at least 45 minutes. Uncover to "TOAST" the topping a little bit.

Serve with Uncle Ben's Wild Rice and Orange/Almond salad

yes I meant the big SA bowl

thank you for that.

You're welcome.
I hate washing dishes so I spray a foil pan with bakers joy and throw it away.
Stones dry it out.
I'll also post my favorite bread recipe for a crowd

What about one of the 10 minute pork tenderloin recipes, and some rice in the rice cooker?

--Jenny L

Cheesy Bread
Do not make in a stone the results are not the same. I actually had to buy a pyrex dish just so I can make this.

2 cans store brand buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury is NOT good for this recipe)
1 stick butter
1 cup Ken's Buttermilk ranch dressing
1/2 c. fresh grated parmesan
8 oz shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 350
melt butter add ranch dressing and 1/4 cup parmesan.
Quarter the biscuits and coat well
Place in 9 x 13 greased pyrex
Pour remaining mixture over biscuits add remaining parmesan cheese
Bake until biscuits puff
Add cheddar cheese, turn off oven allowing the cheese to melt.

Teresa Lynn said:
Chicken Ala Teresa

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (use fresh not frozen)
6 slices swiss cheese (I use the whole Package)
1 can mushroom soup and add at least 1/2 cup wine (more if you need, ha...it just tenderizes the chicken)
1-2 cups of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing mix (I think it's the blue bag)
1 stick melted butter

Place chicken in pan, layer cheese on top, pour mushroom/wine mixture on top
seasoning mix on top and melted butter on top. Cover and bake at 375 for at least 45 minutes. Uncover to "TOAST" the topping a little bit.

Serve with Uncle Ben's Wild Rice and Orange/Almond salad

yes I meant the big SA bowl

Teresa, I just wanted to share with you that I was talking to my sister this evening and was telling her about this thread and she said oh I have a great recipe that someone gave to me and this is the one that she told me...I laughed and told her that one of these smart PC consultants already gave it to me. I just thought I would share that with you.

I vote for the peanut butter cup trifle - it always gets gobbled up...PM me your e-mail and I'll send you my version of it.

Bread Sticks
Ingredients:
1 pouch (16 ounces) Pantry Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 1/4 cups very warm water (120°F-130°F)
4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare dough as directed in Steps 1-3 for Pizza Crust.

2. Brush surface of Rectangle Stone or metal baking pan with 1 teaspoon of the remaining olive oil. Place dough on baking stone. Roll out dough to within 1/2 inch of edge.

3. Brush surface of dough with remaining oil. Let rest 15 minutes. Cut dough in half crosswise. Cut dough into 8 strips lengthwise. Grate 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese over surface of dough. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 16 bread sticks

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Good with a salad...

Creamy Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons milk
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil leaves or chives
1 garlic clove, pressed
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
24 large cherry tomatoes, seeded and cored (about 1 pound)

Directions:
1. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, milk, basil and garlic; mix well. Season with salt and black pepper.

2. Place tomatoes into Boat; pipe cream cheese mixture into tomatoes. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 hours.

Yield: 12 servings

Cook’s Tips: This cheese filling can be used to stuff other fresh vegetables such as split pea pods, Belgian endive leaves or celery sticks. It is also delicious spread onto thin wheat crackers.

Jamaican Jerk Chicken Bites
Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2-3 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Rub

Directions:
1. Place chicken, oil and jerk rub in resealable plastic bag; knead bag to coat chicken.

2. Heat 10-in. Skillet on medium heat until drop of water sizzles; add chicken and cook 7-9 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in center. Transfer to serving platter and serve.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Nutrients per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 0 g

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Ingredients:
4 medium portobello mushroom caps (3-4 inches/7.5-10 cm in diameter)
1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian salad dressing or olive oil
3 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh basil leaves
2 garlic cloves, pressed
3 oz (90 g) shredded Italian cheese blend (3/4 cup/175 mL)
2 tbsp (30 mL) seasoned dry bread crumbs

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Brush outside only of mushroom caps with dressing. Place mushrooms, gill side up, in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Place tomatoes and basil in a small bowl. Press garlic into bowl using Garlic Press. Add cheese and bread crumbs; mix gently.

3. Scoop mixture evenly into mushroom caps. Bake 16-18 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove mushrooms to serving plate using Slotted Turner. To serve, cut mushrooms in half.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 60, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 135 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

...those are some with "cheaper" ingredients...

1. What are some easy appetizer ideas for a dinner party?

Some easy appetizer ideas for a dinner party include cheese and cracker platters, vegetable and dip trays, meat and cheese skewers, and bruschetta.

2. How do I plan a menu for a dinner party?

To plan a menu for a dinner party, start by considering the number of guests, any dietary restrictions or preferences, and the theme or occasion of the party. Then, choose a mix of appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts that will complement each other and provide a well-rounded meal.

3. What are some creative table setting ideas for a dinner party?

Some creative table setting ideas for a dinner party include using a mix of different plates and glasses, adding a centerpiece or table runner, incorporating unique place cards, and using different textures and patterns for table linens.

4. How can I make my dinner party more interactive?

You can make your dinner party more interactive by incorporating activities such as a cooking class, wine tasting, or a themed trivia game. You can also encourage guests to participate in the cooking or serving process, or have a DIY station for making personalized cocktails or desserts.

5. What are some tips for hosting a successful dinner party?

Some tips for hosting a successful dinner party include planning ahead, having a variety of food options, creating a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, and being a gracious host by engaging with guests and making sure everyone is having a good time. It's also important to have a backup plan in case of any unexpected issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies