• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing the Perfect Recipe to the Wine & Cheese Fundraiser

In summary, the author is going to a wine and cheese party on Friday and is worried about bringing food because there are a lot of people there. She suggests beer bread, ribs, brie, velvet cake, chicken card, and pimento-olive cheese bites.
laylaleigh
I am going to a wine and cheese party on Friday for a silent auction fundraiser. They asked that I bring some PC recipes. What should I bring? I was thinking of bringing a brie recipe and thought about doing the new cheese ball. Are there any old recipes that are really good?

Ideas or thoughts? I am auctioning off the DCB and thought I should make a dessert in that. What is good? Should I take a chocolate dessert instead?

Thank you for your ideas!

Beer bread is good as an alternative to crackers, especially if you add some Rosemary Seasoning to it before baking. You can make it in the mini loaf pan (if you have it) and slice it into small pieces.

I would bring the ribs, if possible. they are so yummy. The Brie is good (if you can make it there) and show it on the new stone w/ handles. However, I'm starting to really showcase the new SS 2008 recipes to get people excited about the new season. You might consider the new velvety cake w/ strawberries or even the Jerk Nachos. The Aloha Pizza is also good, and can be served warm or cold. Are you going to try and get any bookings? You might want to also raffle off a "free" show too! Or, you can raffle off just to hosts who book either the Salad or new Grilling cookbook to one lucky host if they book between now and end of March! Even bring the new Mojito recipe, just without the rum.

Good Luck!

The event is sponsered at my local Jazzercise studio. We are raising money for Komen for the Cure. There will be a lot of people there so I am looking to do easy to eat foods.

There are 117 items up for auction, so it could get really crowded too. I was worried about how the brie would travel. Luckily I only live 5 mins from the center. I like the beer bread idea, and I have some already! Bonus!

I think I will try the velvet cake and just take the baker for people to see. The 30 min chicken card is up on display now for people to look at.

Thank you for the suggestions. More are welcome!

any other thoughts?

Here are a couple ideas...hope they help

Savory Cheese Truffles
Ingredients:
1 container (8 ounces) cream cheese spread
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® hot pepper sauce (optional)
1 package (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds, pecans or snipped fresh parsley
Assorted crackers (optional)

Directions:
1. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese spread, garlic and pepper sauce, if desired; mix well. Add cheddar cheese to cream cheese mixture (mixture will be stiff).

2. Using Small Scoop, drop level scoops of cheese mixture onto cutting board. Coat cheese balls in almonds, pecans or parsely. Serve using Stainless Serving Picks with assorted crackers, if desired.

Yield: About 30 truffles

Nutrients per serving: (1 truffle): Calories 70, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 0 g

Variations: Smoky Bacon Cheese Truffles: Add 1/2 cup crisply cooked and crumbled bacon and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper to the cream cheese mixture. Proceed as recipe directs.

Pimento-Olive Cheese Truffles: Add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pimento-stuffed green olives to the cream cheese mixture. Proceed as recipe directs.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Savory Spread
Source: Pampered Chef
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 package (0.7 ounce) dry Italian salad dressing mix - (like Good Seasons)
Crackers or vegetables (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in Small Batter Bowl. Mix until smooth.

2. Place mixture inside barrel of assembled Easy Accent® Decorator, fitted with desired tip. Pipe onto crackers or vegetables. Serve immediately.

Yield: 1 1/2 cups

You don't need to pipe it onto crackers you can serve it in a bowl and let them spread their own.

Here's another...This recipe is awesome...took me a minute to find it. It is the savory cheese bites. Basicaly they are seasoned cream cheese bites covered in parmesan cheese and almonds that you bake in the oven...hmmmm yummy! It is in the fall/winter Season's Best 2004, if you don't have this one email me and I will type up the recipe for you!

Marlene-thank you for the recipes! I will look to see if I have that SB. I think I do. Now the trick is picking two!

Layla, I would also recommend the crostini from F/W 2007 SB. Very easy and good to prep ahead.

1. How can I choose the perfect recipe for a wine and cheese fundraiser?

Choosing the perfect recipe for a wine and cheese fundraiser depends on the theme of the event and the type of wine and cheese being served. Consider dishes that pair well with the specific wines and cheeses being served, such as a creamy mac and cheese for a white wine or a hearty beef stew for a red wine. You can also consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for recipe ideas and tips.

2. Can I use any Pampered Chef products for my recipe?

Yes, you can use any Pampered Chef products for your recipe! Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. From our high-quality cookware to our versatile kitchen tools, there are endless possibilities for creating delicious dishes for your wine and cheese fundraiser.

3. How can I make sure my recipe is a hit at the fundraiser?

To ensure your recipe is a hit at the fundraiser, consider the tastes and dietary restrictions of the attendees. Choose a recipe that is easy to make and can be prepared in advance to save time on the day of the event. You can also do a test run of the recipe beforehand to make any necessary adjustments. Finally, presentation is key, so use Pampered Chef products to make your dish look as appetizing as it tastes.

4. Can I make adjustments to the recipe to accommodate allergies or dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Many of our recipes can be easily modified to accommodate allergies or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta in a pasta dish or substitute dairy-free cheese in a cheese platter. You can also find recipes on our website that are specifically labeled as gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian.

5. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into the wine and cheese fundraiser?

Pampered Chef products can be incorporated into the wine and cheese fundraiser in various ways. You can use our products to make appetizers, desserts, or even drinks for the event. You can also showcase our products at a booth or display table and offer them as prizes or raffle items. Additionally, you can collaborate with a Pampered Chef consultant to host a cooking demonstration or tasting at the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jlalbrte
  • ElizabethPurvis
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Staci