• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Health Fair: Mini Catalogs + Bookings

In summary, the conversation discusses different strategies for promoting and booking cooking shows at a health fair in May. Some ideas mentioned include handing out mini catalogs with a note about booking a show for a full size catalog, offering a percentage of sales to the Help Whip Cancer Campaign, and using recipe cards and business cards as giveaways. There is also a suggestion to offer a free cooking show as a prize in a drawing. The overall consensus is to focus on inexpensive means of promoting and gathering leads, such as recipe cards and business cards, rather than investing in expensive full size catalogs.
ChefDella
i was wondering would it be best to buy a bunch of the mini catalogs to have at my health fair in may instead of the big ones that cost way more. and also i'm trying to figure out ways to get bookings, i haven't done any shows since jan. so i was thinking about putting something attached to them that says something about to get a full size catalog book a show with me, or something to that affect.

definately! or if you have any older catalogs you can attach a sticker to it "though this catalog is old look in side and you'll be sold etc" saying on it.

I only hand out old full catalogs, or like you said new catalogs if they book a show.

I even would just do recipe cards with your info on them. people tend to keep those around longer.

Don't invest in full size catalogs for the health fair...almost everyone will take one but few, if any, will get around to placing an order no matter how well intentioned (life is busy). Even offering the mini may or may not be worthwhile.

Can you take orders at the Health Fair? If so, tell them that between 15-25% of their order will go the Help Whip Cancer Campaign. (You can say between 20-25% and higher if you want to add anything from your own commission.) Be up front that the direct shipping charges are a few dollars more, but if they'd like to collect a few orders or host a fundraiser cooking show, the shipping would be free and they'd be entitled to the host special. Let them know that you're also scheduling shows where the host receives free products and discounts as well. :)

I did a fair in Feb and offered a drawing for a $20 gift certificate (so as to generate leads). Of course my winner was someone who had circled all no's to hosting any kind of show or interest in the business.:rolleyes: When I called her, I explained she had two options on the gift certificate: the $20 or $25 if she hosted a show. Well, she not only agreed to do a catalog show, she couldn't decided between the Feb special or the new Spring catalog...so she did two and found me a cooking show host for May*. (And she has become a friend to boot.)

Hope these ideas help! Good luck!
kris

* I recently started offerring the following incentive to all my catalog hosts: If a friend schedules a cooking show with me, I'll add an extra 10% to your Previous Host Discount on your order at her show.

Last edited:
I think the idea of a recipe card with your info on the back will be the least expensive way to draw in people and get your contact information.

If you want to give away a catalog, then the mini ones will do fine. You can put a sticker on them saying something about contacting you or going to your website for the full catalog. I usually just do a recipe card with my info but give away minis to people who ask (not everyone, that would cost alot of money).

I'd order some mini's and a bunch of recipe cards. I hand out recipe cards to EVERYONE. If they fill out a door prize drawing slip, I offer them the mini catalog & when the book a show, they get a host packet, right there!! I have a vendor event on May 1st~I'm so excited to be able to take orders for the HWC items!!
Good Luck!!

For the booths I do; I use old big catalogs, mini's, recipe cards, THEN if I run out of all those I'll use current big catalogs.
You can offer free cooking shows for as many winners as you want!

I was told by an Executive director to hand out your business card instead of the recipe. I don't know how well this works becuase I have never personally tried it. One thing I did at a booth with another consultant on my team was have a drawing for a free cooking show. We then called everyone who entered the drawing and told them they won. We got quite a few bookings off this. :chef:

1. How can I use mini catalogs to maximize my health fair bookings?

Mini catalogs are a great tool for attracting potential customers at health fairs. They are compact and easy to carry, making them convenient for attendees to take home and browse through. You can use mini catalogs to showcase our health and wellness products, offer special discounts and promotions, and provide information about hosting a Pampered Chef party. This will help generate interest and increase your health fair bookings.

2. How do I effectively follow up with leads from a health fair using mini catalogs?

After a health fair, it's important to follow up with the leads you collected. Mini catalogs can be a useful tool for this. You can include a business card or contact information inside the mini catalog and encourage attendees to reach out to you for more information or to book a party. You can also send personalized emails or make phone calls to follow up and offer special deals or promotions to those who showed interest in our products at the health fair.

3. Can I customize the mini catalogs for a specific health fair or theme?

Yes, you can customize the mini catalogs to fit the theme or focus of a particular health fair. For example, if the health fair is focused on healthy eating, you can highlight our kitchen tools and cookware that promote healthy cooking. You can also add your own personal touch by including a note or message that relates to the theme of the health fair.

4. How can I use mini catalogs to attract potential hosts for Pampered Chef parties?

Mini catalogs are an effective way to attract potential hosts for Pampered Chef parties. You can offer the mini catalogs to interested attendees and encourage them to host a party to receive free or discounted products. You can also include information about the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and exclusive host rewards. This will entice potential hosts and increase your chances of booking parties.

5. Are there any tips for making my mini catalogs stand out at a health fair?

To make your mini catalogs stand out at a health fair, you can add eye-catching visuals and graphics that will grab the attention of attendees. You can also include a call-to-action, such as "Book a party today and receive a free gift!" or "Limited time offer: 20% off your first order." Additionally, make sure to have plenty of mini catalogs on hand and strategically place them on your table or display to attract visitors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • kreaser
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefDella
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies