• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gina's First Vendor Fair: What's the Best Way to Get Customers?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best way to attract customers at a vendor fair. Some suggest giving out actual catalogs, while others prefer using mini-catalogs and recipe cards. The main concern is the cost and potential wasted materials. It is suggested to have a combination of both options and to make it easy for customers to order or contact the seller. Additionally, it is recommended to gather customer information for future follow-ups.
ginamkiely
Hi,
I'm participating in my first vendor fair tomorrow night and i bought 200 holiday mini-catalogs and 200 chocolate bliss recipes cards to give out with my information on it.

BUT, several people in my cluster say the best way to get customers is by giving an actual catalog. I was only going to show 3 catalogs in binders and give a catalog to people who book a show with their guest list. (mostly to keep costs down)

What's your opinion?

Thanks for your help!
-Gina

I give out catalogs. I figure that the cost is minimal and the potential customer gets to see the full line of products... and I can show they the Hostess Rewards portion of the catalog.... which is what I want.. to book shows.

I try to give out old (last season) catalogs at fairs and such. If you don't have old ones then do as you have planned and give most people the recipe and minicatalog and those that book a full catalog. It will save you money. Most people throw the things they pick up at fairs away anyway.

Add a sticker saying "If you want a full/current catalog please call me". Those that are really interested will call and you will have saved money on the rest.

I dont give out catalogs. I have one in the binder, and if they want to order they can thru that. If they want a catalog I tell them its available on my website. (draws attention to your website and perhaps future "surprise" orders).

I do give out mini catalogs and flyers I make up with host special for the upcoming month.

Right now I have one with Holiday packages on it, I print both sides. Some have Come Join Us info on it...etc.

I never give out catalogs---UNLESS I give out OLD ones with a label on it "I know this catalog may be old but look inside and you'll be sold" info

You bought the mini-catalogs, stick with those. Just tell them that is shows all of the new products and they can check your website for more of a selection! That gets them to do something if they are serious about shopping...I would have a hard time spending about 50 cents a person (between catalogs and recipe cards) and only getting a few orders...Many people grab and stuff in their bag and never look again...You can have a few actual catalogs handy for those who ask for a full one.

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm going to stick with my Mini's and recipe cards but bring 25 full catalogs for those who book and maybe a few others.

Thanks again!

Just wanted to add that if it's a multi-vendor fair some folks will come just for catalogs. Be sure to have order forms too... not everyone has access to the internet so if you make it easy for them to order, you'll be fine. At the open house I did, I'd give a catalog with an order form. Some folks just went through, taking catalogs and that was that for them. My catalog though, I feel is also my calling card with my info on the back and could end up in more hands than just that, so I easily justify the cost of the 'loss' on that. Just stamp your contact info on anything they could possibly walk away with... and make sure that even if they don't order or book that day that they can easily get in touch with you. If you can, get them to fill out an interest/drawing slip so you have THEIR information as well. In fact you could request that everyone who gets a catalog at least does that much so you can follow up with them. ;)

lkprescott said:
Just wanted to add that if it's a multi-vendor fair some folks will come just for catalogs. Be sure to have order forms too... not everyone has access to the internet so if you make it easy for them to order, you'll be fine.

At the open house I did, I'd give a catalog with an order form. Some folks just went through, taking catalogs and that was that for them. My catalog though, I feel is also my calling card with my info on the back and could end up in more hands than just that, so I easily justify the cost of the 'loss' on that. Just stamp your contact info on anything they could possibly walk away with... and make sure that even if they don't order or book that day that they can easily get in touch with you.

If you can, get them to fill out an interest/drawing slip so you have THEIR information as well. In fact you could request that everyone who gets a catalog at least does that much so you can follow up with them. ;)

that's a great idea too, if i don't have your number/address you are not getting a catalog! thanks

At the one I just did - I had order forms sitting out, and the Holiday Mini Catalogs - and then, if they picked up an order form and a pen - I handed them a catalog (which I had behind me). So, all those who placed an order also got a catalog. If they booked a show, I gave them a host packet - and went over it with them briefly. Because I was booking Jan/Feb, I let them know that I would be in contact with them several times between now and January.

Hey I have worked severval fairs and booths since starting my business last year. I only give out the mini catalogs to anyone who fills out the information sheet that is used at our shows. Because you need their contact info. Most want call you back and I only give the full catalog to people who book a show or place an order that day. I always get enough orders to turn in for a small show so I can get the host special for that month. I hope this helps but remember there is no wrong way to do the booths because this is your business so alsways to do it the way that feels right for you. /o/
From MS.
pam

BethCooks4U said:
I try to give out old (last season) catalogs at fairs and such. If you don't have old ones then do as you have planned and give most people the recipe and minicatalog and those that book a full catalog. It will save you money. Most people throw the things they pick up at fairs away anyway.

What a GREAT idea! I still have like 30 unused old PC catalogs from Spring/Summer. I've been sitting around trying to figure out what to do with them. Thanks for the idea!!!! :D

Also, we had a fair in our town last week and the other PC consultant in town had a booth (so I couldn't get in). She was handing out catalogs left and right without taking any information (aren't the catalogs over 60 cents this season?). At least THREE people I know picked up catalogs from her and yet are turning in orders to me. Two came to me and said, "I picked up a PC catalog at the fair..." and said they either wanted to do a show with me or that they needed to turn in a new order. I promise I didn't suggest that they do this, but the were all excited to have a fresh catalog. Poor gal. :blushing:

Last edited:

Related to Gina's First Vendor Fair: What's the Best Way to Get Customers?

1. How can I attract customers to my booth at the vendor fair?

One of the best ways to attract customers to your booth is to have eye-catching displays and demonstrations. Offer samples of your products and engage with potential customers by explaining the benefits and uses of your products. You can also offer special deals or promotions for customers who purchase at the fair.

2. Is it important to have a theme for my booth?

Having a theme for your booth can help make it stand out and attract attention. It can also give customers an idea of what your products are all about. However, it is not necessary to have a theme if it doesn't fit with your brand or products.

3. What are some effective ways to follow up with potential customers after the fair?

Following up with potential customers after the fair is crucial to turning them into repeat customers. You can collect their contact information and send out a personalized email or thank-you note. You can also offer a discount or special offer for their next purchase to entice them to buy from you again.

4. How can I make my booth look professional and appealing?

Investing in high-quality displays and signage can make a big difference in the overall appeal of your booth. Make sure to have a clean and organized setup with plenty of space for customers to browse and sample your products. You can also add a personal touch by including a banner or sign with your business name and logo.

5. What should I bring to the vendor fair besides my products?

Besides your products, it's important to have business cards, order forms, and other marketing materials on hand. You should also have a way to collect customer information, such as a sign-up sheet or a tablet for them to enter their contact details. It's also a good idea to have small freebies or giveaways to attract potential customers to your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • newbieconsultant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
newbieconsultant
Replies