• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your First Vendor Fair: Tips and Ideas for Success

In summary, Becky plans to display a table of Simple Additions products (food and decorations), and another table with gift ideas from the mini catalog. She will also have a consultant kit set up and flyers advertising her event.
swtnsssychef
Question for all you smart ones out there...I got invited to a vendor fair in November. :D I'm so excited and I got a few ideas from my director, but I was wondering what all you do/bring with you. :confused: This would be my first one ever. :eek: So any ideas or suggestions you can give me would be great! :love: TIA!

New products, gift ideas, catalogs and order forms of course and a raffle drawing to get bookings maybe and some flyer on recruiting. Hope that helps?

A recommendation to you is to have some little gift sets made up, because people are going to want to buy there! My director took the old red silicone oven mits and filled it with retired products (I cant remember exactly what, but you could do inexpensive things like the spreader, spatula, spices) and there are cute little sayings you can tag on to them (look under gifts for teachers).

It really would be worth your while.

Good luck

It depends on your objective. What do you want to get from it? Sales? Bookings? Recruit Leads? That would dictate what you do.

Thanks for the help ladies...My goal is more bookings than anything. I'm not so comfortable with recruiting yet. Don't think I'm ready for that right now, I won't push anyone away but I'm just not gonna "push" (not the right word, but I can't think right now) becoming a consultant to anyone. I'm still 5 months new!!

I would also have Bridal Registry info out in case someone gets the Christmas ring they can remember their options. I also make something that can sit out that promotes the PC products like cookies from the press on a platter for people to sample. Food draws people. Good luck!

i just got asked to do a fair in november and was wondering what products you bring... should i bring a lot of products or just one from each line? thanks for the help

I have a fundraiser vendor fair in November......I am thinking it will be pretty big, because they raised over $1000 for the charity last year w/ 5 vendors each giving 10% of sales........and they asked me this year to participate because last year everyone kept asking why PC wasn't there!:)

So, with that in mind - and knowing I have a 10x10 area w/ 2 tables......I am going to do one table as a Simple Additions "Entertaining w/ Ease" table......I think using the cranberry and white will really make the table look festive and beautiful. I am planning on recreating (minus the food) the picture in the new Holiday mini catalog. The other table will be Gift Giving Ideas, again using ideas from the mini catalog, and also from the Homemade for the Holidays theme.

I will be focusing on sales and bookings - as this will be in an area where I haven't done a lot of shows, and would like to build my business there!

I will be bringing lots of Host & Recruiting Packets with me, and will do a drawing for Free Cooking Shows, and also for a cookbook.

How do you find vendor fairs? Where are they usually held?

ChefBeckyD said:
I am planning on recreating (minus the food) the picture in the new Holiday mini catalog. The other table will be Gift Giving Ideas, again using ideas from the mini catalog, and also from the Homemade for the Holidays theme.
Becky,

I have some fake food I can lend you to use. It's not necessarily exactly what's pictured in the mini catalog, but it looks really good on display. Let me know. :)

I rented a grange near my home and invited other vendors to join me. I charged $25 a table, which pays for advertising the event as well. I have 10 vendors coming.My goal is sales (being November) and Dec./Jan. bookings. I make the cranberry crunch (in all the best) and sample out. I will have my tables decorated for both Thanksgiving and Christmas with entertaining and gift giving my theme. I will have the new consultant kit set up with a sign "Give yourself the best gift of all- the gift of your own Pampered Chef business".Mini-catalogs, recipe cards for business cards, and I direct people to my website.I also provide Santa's helper service. I have a flyer with a fun PC poem that is a wish list. People can fill out, give to someone and that someone can call me with the gifts they want to purchase for their loved one. I offer free gift wrapping on orders over $50.

chefann said:
Becky,

I have some fake food I can lend you to use. It's not necessarily exactly what's pictured in the mini catalog, but it looks really good on display. Let me know. :)

Hey Ann! Great idea!:thumbup: I hadn't thought of using fake food.....and I actually have some - I have some grapes, and a loaf of french bread - and some other fruits!

I've got some rolls, bagels, crackers (the fake crackers are so cute!), a mesh bag of veggies that I use in the salad spinner (green onions, tomato, potato, bell peppers carrots), and a gorgeous fake cheesecake with berries on top.

Another thing that would look cute on a display are the fake tealight candles. They have a small bulb (like a Christmas light) instead of a flame. Some even flicker. A florist at the next table at a bridal fair I worked a year ago had some. They looked very realistic, but there wasn't the fire danger like with real candles.

I have a suggestion and perhaps many would agree...do not clutter your table with everything. Just like when we talk to recruit leads, we cannot blurb about everything we love about this company...I would suggest the starter kit to show and perhaps new tools you have. At my last fair, a man came up to my booth and started slapping the bamboo spoon on his face. He then, thankfully, wanted to purchase it, which normally is sold in a set but because of health reasons (for Me), I sold it. So given this story, what I suggest is tools you have already wrapped up in the original bag or wrapping. I like the idea of Cranberry Crunch. Another suggestion is to use what you have and make gift ideas...with those pictoral ideas, create a gift price list. People want what they see so show they what they want, and you'll get what you need...orders! Good luck!

Sue Adams
Consultant MA

Would it be possible to get that fun PC poem that is a wish list? THanks, you have some super ideas.

I need suggestions, please! I'm going to be at an elementary school tomorrow night, for a "holiday shopping" event, along with other vendors. We are each providing an item for a Chinese Auction.

We will be provided ONE, 6 ft. ROUND table for our display. We have to provide our own tablecloths.
Now, I have never done an event with a round table, especially this size.
Since it is a Christmas shopping thing, I'm thinking about trying a Christmas focused "display", but just not sure what I want to do! A fellow Consultant has suggested sprinkling wrapped hershey kisses all over the table, between products, etc., as it tends to be a "magnet" to attract women to the chocolate.

My concern is, which products to focus on, since my space will be so limited.
I also would love to have some sort of "pick a ...... and win a prize" type thing, maybe from out of the Trifle bowl...hmm...

Anyway, would love to hear ideas! Thanks!!

Still looking for suggestions....anybody?? Thanks!

This time of year I tend to focus on the Christmas-themed items. As for the kisses, you'll have lots of children at an elementary school. Chances are good that you'll attract them (and their jostling, wayward hands) more than their moms. Been there. At events where I expect to see lots of children I keep my candies close to the back of the table and tell children they're welcome to candy, but only if they have a parent with them.

mspibb-albums-pchefmel-pictures-picture1676-table-st-patricks-holiday-bazaar.jpg
I did a Holiday Bazaar on Saturday-have one tomorrow, Friday eve and Saturday (that one is a fundraiser). I displayed my Trifle bowl with blue ornaments and a string of white lights, the Host special this month of the dots and snowmen plates, my white tray with handles and sitting on it the ice bucket, shaker and a martini glass full of holiday M&Ms, 3 tiered stand with the 2 ingredient white fudge with a candy cane chopped up on top, decorated cupcakes and pressed cookie trees, I had the cooling rack, cookie press and a metal sheet, 2 saute pans, Spice turn about and the bamboo cracker tray with 2 small and 1 med bamboo bowl. I had dipping pretzels and 2 sauces for people to try. I also have a catalog cut apart and put into sheet protectors in a 3 ring notebook. I did a door prize drawing for a set of pinch bowls. I have 3 bookings from that booth and I haven't talked to everyone that entered (everyone one wins a "free" show!)

Last edited:
If you have the stainless steel bowls, stack them up and tie a ribbon around them, from bottom to top.

I used the tiered tower to display cookies, had the DCB w/ some recipe cards sticking out. Then I had prep bowls w/ olive oil and the diff dipping seasonings in them for people to try. Stuck one on the flexible cutting mats under it to catch drips.

MAKE SURE you have lots of catalogs and business cards, and recipe cards if you want/have them.

Thank you, everyone! I appreciate the ideas, for sure! Event is tonight, so we'll see how it goes....
I made up 4 gift bags from the dollar store, with colorful, shiny tissue paper in them, and they will have catalogs, January host/guest special flyers, recruiting flyer, and my host letter. I'm also going to put a card in each, with a "prize" on it, which they can redeem at their January show. Oh, and a current Season's Best recipe book, too.
(I didn't bother with December, because I'm facing an operation in early December, so I figured January would be a good "start up" time to shoot for, as I plan to be "back in the saddle" by mid-January.)
Thanks again!!

Hope it went well for you last night...I'm doing one tonight! Thanks everyone for the ideas. Now to get my stuff together so I'll be ready! One idea I didn't see that I plan to do (since this is more casual and won't have a health inspector there) is to cut up a block of cream cheese and pour our sauces over it on the large bamboo platter with the bottles nearby so people know what they are tasting, then have crackers on the bamboo cracker tray. I'd previously done pretzel sticks with the sauces in the Dots Trio Bowl. I think the platter is going to work better.

I forgot to echo the idea of including all new products you have! This is very important because The Pampered Chef has been around 30 years now! There are lots of people who will come and say "I love the Pampered Chef! I have everything in the catalog!" Or "I have this and I have this, oh! I've got that too!" if all they see are the staples of our business. When you have the new products out, people realize you still have something to offer them when that Baking Stone is 10 years old and works perfectly.

1. What is a "Vendor Fair in November"?

A "Vendor Fair in November" is a market-style event where various vendors, including Pampered Chef, showcase and sell their products to potential customers. It is typically held in the month of November, hence the name.

2. Where can I find a "Vendor Fair in November"?

You can find information about Pampered Chef's participation in "Vendor Fair in November" events on our website, social media pages, or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Will there be any special deals or discounts at the "Vendor Fair in November"?

Yes, we often offer exclusive deals and discounts at "Vendor Fair in November" events. Be sure to stop by our booth to check them out!

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the "Vendor Fair in November"?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products directly from our booth at the "Vendor Fair in November" event. Our consultants will be available to assist you with any questions or purchases you may have.

5. Can I sign up to become a Pampered Chef consultant at the "Vendor Fair in November"?

Yes, you can sign up to become a Pampered Chef consultant at the "Vendor Fair in November" event. Our team will be happy to provide you with more information and help you get started on your Pampered Chef journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JaimeQ
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies