• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Be Successful at a Vendor Fair???

In summary, if you are at a local festival and want to get some bookings, it is best to be social and approach people. If you have any products for people to look at, have a free recipe and a Drawing for a cooking show. Wear a smile and be personable.
Kathytnt
I am doing my first vendor fair - My main business is fundraisers but I would like to increase bridal registries and booking

What has been successful for the rest of you :confused:

Get out of the booth and talk to people.
Don't stand behind a table.
Wear a smile and great everybody.
Ask lots of questions and take the time to listen.

These are the things that have helped me be successful at the fairs I have done!

Hey Sooner Girl - How are you doing?

my first tooI have my first vendor fair as well at a huge local neighborhood outside pavillion with 2 other friends that have their own businesses (non-compeiting w/ PC of course). Any suggestions as to what to do? Do I go a demo or just have veggies etc so people can play with gadgets? Have a recipe or 2 actually prepared? Something that's going to go well ro that won't get gross if it sits for a little while. There is a grill there so we're thinking of grilling burgers and hot dogs etc for lunch as well.

If it works out well in this neighboorhood, we may do one each month this summer in our respective neighborhoods. Has anyone done anything like this? Have any flyers or suggestions.

Any ideas would help greatly. I've never done anything like this and need HELP!!:eek:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate thoughts provided.

My experienceI've never had food for people to eat at my vendor experiences, but I do have a bunch of products for them to look at.

I get them to the table by giving out a free recipe (who doesn't want a free recipe). Then once you get them to the table, I usually offer them a chance on the drawing for a "free" cooking show (I bring the ingredients). As they are filling out the slip (which is just the stock PC thanks for attending the show) I "peek" over their shoulder. If they mark wedding information, fundraisers or PC business opportunity I send them home with additional information and try to set up a time in the upcoming week to follow-up with them. Usually if they stop at the table, I also do offer them a mini-catalog.

I don't ever sit, I don't talk on my cell phone. I greet everyone with a smile.

It seems to work. I did a vendor fair the 1st weekend in May (2 seperate 4 hour time slots) I now have 3 recruit leads (possibly 4), 7 shows for June, 4 for July and 2 for August. At this point I'm telling people I'm booked for June (1 day is open), and I only have a few dates in July, so I can book those, otherwise I'm looking at August.

I would highly recommend getting the "Meet the Public" cd from Paperwork/supply. Lots of good info!!!

Do you guys every sell much - Seems the Trade Days that I will be working seems to have a budget type crowd - I have a little inventory just because of things I have earned and duplicates from my kits and such.
I was looking at it more as a get my name out there and make contacts type of thing.
I just earned my SS Month 2 bonus and a SS Plus bonus

I rarely selling anything from vendor booths. If by chance someone just wants to order, I will take their order, with direct shipping, and then add it to an open show.

Fairs/festivals are really a booking and recruiting opportunity. Talk to everyone, and I agree ltkacz, never sit, eat, or talk on phone in the booth. Set the booth up with tables in a U so the tables are behind you and not in front of you. Position yourself, almost outside the booth to make it easier to communicate with passersby.

Make sure to have host packets on hand, survey forms, recruiting information and catalogs (can use out of date cats, with a label, "contact me for the current season's catalog). Have an incentive for booking on the spot, like book to look or Cooking Show in a bag. Most of all, relax and have fun, the more at ease you are the more people you will attract and the more comfortable they will be with you.

On what not to do in a booth, take a look at the booths around you, you will quickly see what not to do. At a festival I work, during a break my mom, daughter and I walked around and did some shopping and stopped in a Cookie Lee booth browsed for 5-10 and neither of the 2 consultant, sitting in chairs in the very back of the booth between 2 tables, even acknowledged us, let alone provided any information about their product, opportunity or even the drawing they were having (if i had not been looking with consultant eyes, I never would have see the small sign and basket for drawing slips).

Meet the Public Meet the Public Meet the PublicI agree with Debbie, Get the "Meet the Public CD!!

I did just a few of the suggestions and got a TON of show leads and one new recruit. I for the first time felt like I knew what I was doing. I was completely comfortable. The CD will tell you good questions to ask, handouts, displays, etc.

What is a Cooking show in bag????

Cooking Show in a Bag
Kathytnt said:
What is a Cooking show in bag????

It's simple. Go to the dollar store, purchase medium size gift bags and fill with plasticware, napkins, plates and cups! If host books on the spot she receives a CS in a bag, you provide the paper products and purchase the ingredients for her - although I ask for the $15 back from the host the day of her show.

Have a large calendar nearby set up to "pencil in" potential hosts!!!
arrggghhh How I WISH I would have followed my own advice!! I just had my first Job Expo in town, got tons of leads for shows and recruits, right? sigh....
Do you think I can get a hold of any of them? The woman in the booth next to me wanted a catalog to look at and marked NOs on her drawing slip, right? Well, I ended up talking to her the next day and she agreed to host a catalog show!!! (Didn't realize all the benefits of hosting..etc.) I sent a packet out (not being smart enough to hand them out to ALL interested people) and I have not heard from her since. Getting a little antsy!! I need some def. encouragement because I feel like a stalker!!! But the people who marked yes! I really want to talk to them........grrrrrrrr

So,

* Smile!!!!!!!
* Make a personal connection (however brief)
* Calendar ready!
* Host packets ready to hand out
* Follow up with everyone (even the no's....)
* Give them a date/time when you will be calling... if you give your business card w/ this info. on it.. even better...

Kathytnt said:
I am doing my first vendor fair - My main business is fundraisers but I would like to increase bridal registries and booking

What has been successful for the rest of you :confused:

How do you get your main business with fund raisers? I have trouble because we only offer 15%. I know these can be a huge way to collect points for the trip incentive. I'd love to do one or two big ones a year.

I will say this...our 15% is no less than another companies 50%. For example, in May I did a HWC fundraiser. I had a friend who does Gourmet to Go come to my house as well, she sold just about the same number of products as I did. My product total came out to be $664, hers was $115...my donation was $99.60 hers was $57.50 at 50%. She also only made about $40 and I made $113. Just because the amount is 15% doesn't make the fund total raised inferior to other compainies, quite often we will still give more because the fundraiser is raising funds on higher priced items. Using a fundraiser break down sheet is a really big help because the people looking to do the fundraiser can see what 15% means in $ value.

This friend also just signed on Monday because it was silly for her to do the same amount of work as me and get paid less!!

What products should I focus on selling at a vendor fair?

When deciding which products to showcase at a vendor fair, it's important to consider the audience and the event itself. Are you targeting a specific demographic or is the fair more general? Are there any seasonal or trending products that would be a good fit? It's also a good idea to have a mix of popular and new products to generate interest. Ultimately, it's important to choose products that you are passionate about and can confidently demonstrate.

How can I make my booth stand out at a vendor fair?

There are several ways to make your booth stand out at a vendor fair. First, create an eye-catching display that showcases your products. You can also offer special promotions or discounts to attract customers. Another idea is to have interactive elements, such as a live cooking demonstration or a game, to engage with potential customers. Additionally, having a friendly and approachable attitude can make your booth more inviting and memorable.

What should I bring with me to a vendor fair?

Aside from your products, it's important to bring marketing materials such as business cards, brochures, and catalogs. These can help customers remember your brand and make a purchase later on. It's also a good idea to have extra supplies and equipment, such as tablecloths, signage, and packaging materials. Lastly, make sure to bring cash and credit card processing devices to make purchases convenient for customers.

How can I effectively engage with customers at a vendor fair?

Engaging with customers is crucial at a vendor fair. First, make sure to greet everyone who walks by your booth with a smile and a friendly hello. Be knowledgeable about your products and ready to answer any questions. You can also offer samples or demonstrations to entice customers to try your products. Lastly, make an effort to listen to customers and their needs, and tailor your approach accordingly.

What are some tips for following up with potential customers after a vendor fair?

Following up with potential customers after a vendor fair is essential for building lasting relationships and making future sales. It's important to have a system in place to track and organize customer information, such as a sign-up sheet or a contact list. Within a few days after the fair, send a personalized email or make a phone call to thank customers for stopping by and offer any special deals or promotions. Keeping in touch with customers through social media or email newsletters can also help to maintain their interest in your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefChillFL
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jennc112
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies