• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Stay for the Whole Vendor Fair?

In summary, a consultant offered a vendor fair to another director, but was unable to attend. The coordinator of the fair informed them that the booth must be manned for the entire duration. The previous year, another consultant had left early, causing dissatisfaction. The conversation discussed whether the consultant should apologize to the coordinator and whether they should do the fair themselves. Others shared their experiences with vendors leaving early and suggested using it as a training opportunity. The consultant plans to apologize and expressed disappointment that the other consultant did not inform them about leaving early.
Cathy Boucher
Last November I offered a vendor fair to another consultant (a director, not mine) I liked this fair but was unable to be there and wanted to keep PC in the link.

Just got an email from the coordinator, telling me that if I do the fair this year that I need to stay for the whole fair. The girl last year folded up real early and they were not happy. Why would someone do this and make PC and me look bad? Should I say something to her or just attend and try to make nice nice.

I say just appologize to the coordinator that this happened. In the long run it will make you look better. Don't offer her anything again. I would just use it to your advantage and bless and release.

I'd do the fair yourself--and if it comes up tell her what the lady said. Tell her that it's not a good thing to pack up early, and you need to keep the PC reputation stellar. I would be P**ssed if someone did that after I gave them a booth. But be nice.

I agree, let her know you had to pass it off to someone else and that if you do it this year you will make sure that you are there the entire time.

Sounds like a good opportunity for a training topic. Whether she is at your team trainings or not, it is always a good thing to talk about this time of year. Basic stuff gets covered that would be common sense to some but not to others.

That is too bad that she shined a bad light on you. At least they called you back to give you another try...

I would apologize to the co-ordinator of the fair and if you see the other PC consultant, bring it up. I'm doing an event tomorrow and it states in the contract that you are NOT allowed to pack up or dismantle anything until the last person has walked out the door. If you do, you won't be allowed to participate next year.

I had this experience as a coordinator of a Christmas bazaar I put on and invited other vendors. Several left several hours early, though my contract they signed said they couldn't. It looked bad when people came to some empty tables. The following year, I made all vendors pay DOUBLE and if they stayed the full amount AND helped put all the tables back and chairs back, they were reimbursed the half. It worked! I also didn't invite those who left, back. I only give one chance on that. It was rude.

lockhartkitchen said:
I had this experience as a coordinator of a Christmas bazaar I put on and invited other vendors. Several left several hours early, though my contract they signed said they couldn't. It looked bad when people came to some empty tables. The following year, I made all vendors pay DOUBLE and if they stayed the full amount AND helped put all the tables back and chairs back, they were reimbursed the half. It worked! I also didn't invite those who left, back. I only give one chance on that. It was rude.

Good for you, Julie!!! I like to see things like that enforced. Sad to see that people left early even though it was in the contract. Of course, how many people read the contract is always questionable.

While I certainly do understand the value of staying until the very end during a busy market... I have left early myself when the foot traffic has stopped.

If I don't talk to anyone new for about an hour and it's towards the end of the event, I pack it up as well. I'm there on my own time. I paid to be there. I do the booth by myself so when it gets very slow, I'm tired, and it's time for me to move along. I don't leave a mess or any work for others though... I bring and remove all my own stuff.

So don't be mad at everyone that leaves early... there's usually a mulitude of good reasons!

Thank you all who responded. I am going to talk to the person running the vendor fair and apologize. I wish the person that did the fair had talked to me. She never indicated that she broke down early. In fact said that she did quite well. You think that as a director she would try to keep a good name for the company.

JackieB999 said:
While I certainly do understand the value of staying until the very end during a busy market... I have left early myself when the foot traffic has stopped.

If I don't talk to anyone new for about an hour and it's towards the end of the event, I pack it up as well. I'm there on my own time. I paid to be there. I do the booth by myself so when it gets very slow, I'm tired, and it's time for me to move along. I don't leave a mess or any work for others though... I bring and remove all my own stuff.

So don't be mad at everyone that leaves early... there's usually a mulitude of good reasons!

Most booths state that they don't want you to tear down early. Even though you are paying for it, you are using them as an avenue to get more business.

That being said, downtime like this is my favorite time to talk to other vendors! You never know what you will get from talking to them!

LOL... I already talked to them all by the time I broke down! Believe me... if there were more people to talk to, I'd stay. If not, I go!

wadesgirl said:
Most booths state that they don't want you to tear down early. Even though you are paying for it, you are using them as an avenue to get more business.

That being said, downtime like this is my favorite time to talk to other vendors! You never know what you will get from talking to them!

LOL... I already talked to them all by the time I broke down! Believe me... if there were more people to talk to, I'd stay. If not, I go! :balloon:

JackieB999 said:
LOL... I already talked to them all by the time I broke down! Believe me... if there were more people to talk to, I'd stay. If not, I go! :balloon:

We are going to have to agree to disagree. If you are signing their contract to be there until 4, it's very rude to leave before 4. Plus you never know what you will miss. And don't be surprised if you don't get invited back to an event like this. Maybe I've been in the business longer and just realize that this is just apart of what happens with booths sometimes. But you better bet that unless I have discussed ahead of time with the coordinator about something personal going on, I'm there until closing time like I agreed to.

wadesgirl said:
We are going to have to agree to disagree. If you are signing their contract to be there until 4, it's very rude to leave before 4. Plus you never know what you will miss. And don't be surprised if you don't get invited back to an event like this. Maybe I've been in the business longer and just realize that this is just apart of what happens with booths sometimes. But you better bet that unless I have discussed ahead of time with the coordinator about something personal going on, I'm there until closing time like I agreed to.

I totally agree and was just going to post these same thoughts.

ETA: This also holds true about showing up in the first place. If you rent a booth and something happens that you can't be there find someone to take it for you. I once had a booth and woke up very sick with the flu. I called EVERYONE and no one could cover. The organizers "understood" but were upset and never invited me back. I felt awful but would have gotten other sick even if I could have managed it.

wadesgirl said:

Totally agree. If you've signed an agreement, you need to abide by that agreement. You look bad as a business person if you don't.

wadesgirl said:

I have to disagree. It's not rude to control my own time. I'm not being paid by anybody there to be a clock watcher. At my day job I stay until 5 or later - but in MY business I come and go as I please. I'm contributing to their charity or whatever with my fee upfront.

I left early for an event last month that I'm going back to next month. Just because some other PCC's wouldn't leave, doesn't mean that many other people and DS reps don't leave early if it's slow. An event coordinator does not control my schedule, sorry! If it's clearly in a contract that I signed, that's different, but I haven't signed one of those yet.... and I probably wouldn't.

I just figure that I never know when my BEST host/client or recruit will walk in that door. Even if everyone else is leaving, then when they come in at 10 minutes till the end of the event..then they will appreciate the fact that I am still there.

I do agree though, I never leave early. However, I run my business my way and others can run theirs their way.

I would just work it & not mention it unless she asks.

I'm one of the ones who stays until the end too. Those last minute stragglers can really count sometimes! If they come in the last 15 min's and find 3/4 of the vendors already gone, they are going to spend more time at my table lingering! :D

As an organizer, I'd be unhappy if I organized the entire event, advertised certain hours & then had vendors leaving before the event was supposed to end, so I stay out of respect for their hard work, even if it's slow. I had one event that came around & announced they were going to close early - so that one was an exception, I left early because they said everyone could.

It's my theory that the event has set hours and that I should stay for the entire time that I agreed to stay. Even if it was a verbal agreement, they give set hours for the event. I've never had one say "The event will run from 10 until you get tired of being there ..." ;)

I have gotten great business in the last few minutes of events and would never leave early. Vendors doing that is why some groups are so strict about it when they accept vendors - it hurts the whole event. I agree it is RUDE to decide that one better than the organizers and other vendors, that one's time is more valuable than theirs. Don't commit if you can't do the entire time. If it says 8-4 then plan on being there. Have some paperwork to work or make some calls or as someone else said, network with other vendors if it's slow - MAKE it worth your time.

My father is an antique dealer and does shows all of the time, both indoor and outdoor ones. Some higher end than others. They are very specific about set-up and take-down. You had better believe that any dealer who tries to leave early will NOT be invited back. And the ones who don't show up at all are frowned upon, too. And not just to that one show, but the reputation carries among show organizers. It makes the whole event look bad if people are leaving early. It is part of him doing business to be there until the last minute on the last day. He has had 3-day shows where he sold one thing. He keeps track and decides not to do the show again. The only option for leaving early has been pouring rain or other bad weather where the organizer lets everyone leave.

Thanks all. The point that I guess I was trying to make was that this was my contact originally. This director needed help last November so I offered the show to her cause I was okay for the month. I fully intended to go back this year, but almost lost it because of her leaving early. Not cool!

BethCooks4U said:
I have gotten great business in the last few minutes of events and would never leave early. Vendors doing that is why some groups are so strict about it when they accept vendors - it hurts the whole event. I agree it is RUDE to decide that one better than the organizers and other vendors, that one's time is more valuable than theirs. Don't commit if you can't do the entire time. If it says 8-4 then plan on being there. Have some paperwork to work or make some calls or as someone else said, network with other vendors if it's slow - MAKE it worth your time.

This is your opinion and I don't agree. I think you're RUDE. If the event planner was really doing THEIR job then the event would be full! It's more their fault the event is tanking than it is mine.

Once again, if it's a busy event, of course I wouldn't leave. I wouldn't leave if I signed a contract that said no early leaving was allowed.

The point is... if it's slow and I'm on my own time... it's my perogative to pack up early if I want to! If you don't like it Beth.... oh well!

To me, if the event planner was reallly doing their job then the event would NOT be slow. I wouldn't leave early under a contract, but I have and will continue to leave early (an hour or so) if the event dies out. I stand by my belief that it's my time and I am paying them to be there, not the other way around.

JackieB999 said:
To me, if the event planner was reallly doing their job then the event would NOT be slow. I wouldn't leave early under a contract, but I have and will continue to leave early (an hour or so) if the event dies out. I stand by my belief that it's my time and I am paying them to be there, not the other way around.

Jackie, I do not appreciate you "pm"ing me to tell me I am rude for having the opinion that it is rude to not honor a contract. I will not respond to additional comments about this but... really?!

You are rude Beth... everyone has an opinion and that's mine. I said I did NOT sign a contract. You are twisting it, which seems normal for you to do.

JackieB999 said:
That's fine. Eventually, you won't ever be asked back is all.

The bummer with that is that sometimes - especially if it's a first time event - it could be a little slow, but then the following year it could be hopping. But you'd never know that, because for the following year, they will find someone who'll stay for the entire advertised time.

In this case I imagine I'm the customer, who might just be getting to the fair at 15 minutes before closing, thinking I could still find some nice things - I'd be dissapointed if people were already in the process of dismantling, and would probably think the fair wasn't worth going to. Kind of like running into a store a few minutes before it closes and not being allowed in...

JackieB999 said:
You are rude Beth... everyone has an opinion and that's mine. I said I did NOT sign a contract. You are twisting it, which seems normal for you to do.

Please - we like to keep things relatively friendly on this board, even if we do have different opinions! :) Let's avoid the personal attacks... we're actually all really nice people in person (I'm sure!), and it's always a good idea to think twice before writing something that is hurtful. Thanks!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's fine. Eventually, you won't ever be asked back is all.

The bummer with that is that sometimes - especially if it's a first time event - it could be a little slow, but then the following year it could be hopping. But you'd never know that, because for the following year, they will find someone who'll stay for the entire advertised time.

Many people leave early from a slow event... I'm just the only one here admitting it at the moment. Eventually they won't have many vendors left if they don't invite anyone back. I know 3 other PCC's in my cluster that won't do markets because they're a LOT of work and you need extra equipment to make it right. It's several hours of planning and a whole day event by the time you pack the car, unpack, set up, tear down, pack and unpack it all at home again. It's WORK.

If the event planners did their jobs better and it was a busy market, then leaving early wouldn't cross anyones mind!

I'm not foolish... I'm practical. My time is valuable to me. I feel let down by the event planner when it's not a good turn out.

cheflorraine said:
In this case I imagine I'm the customer, who might just be getting to the fair at 15 minutes before closing, thinking I could still find some nice things - I'd be dissapointed if people were already in the process of dismantling, and would probably think the fair wasn't worth going to. Kind of like running into a store a few minutes before it closes and not being allowed in...

If that's the case then you should say to yourself "Bummer, I probably should have come earlier!"

cheflorraine said:
Please - we like to keep things relatively friendly on this board, even if we do have different opinions! :) Let's avoid the personal attacks... we're actually all really nice people in person (I'm sure!), and it's always a good idea to think twice before writing something that is hurtful. Thanks!

Beth hasn't been nice to me since I got here... this is not the only thread. She called me rude on page 1 (since I'm the only one here admitting to leaving early). I don't like her approach. My appologies to anyone else it may have been offended.

JackieB999 said:
If that's the case then you should say to yourself "Bummer, I probably should have come earlier!"

Beth hasn't been nice to me since I got here... this is not the only thread. She called me rude on page 1 (since I'm the only one here admitting to leaving early). I don't like her approach. My appologies to anyone else it may have been offended.

I will actually stick up for Beth here because she's one of the most well rounded, well adviced consultants on here. Most of the time she gets shunned because she's a very ethical person. She gets a lot of backlash for just stating the truth and the "rules" as they are to be followed. We try to be nice around here and get a long. I doubt she's "picking" on you personally.

I actually called Beth rude (in return) in a PRIVATE message and she decided to make it public up above in post #23. See how she works it? She wanted you all to know. She brought it here.

I don't like to have conflict but I will respond to people I feel are attacking me. Hopefully she will just not respond to me at all now. That would be the best.

JackieB999 said:
I actually called Beth rude (in return) in a PRIVATE message and she decided to make it public up above in post #23. See how she works it? She wanted you all to know. She brought it here.

I don't like to have conflict but I will respond to people I feel are attacking me. Hopefully she will just not respond to me at all now. That would be the best.

She never actually called you rude, she said it was rude to leave early. There's a difference. She wasn't attacking you, you were the one who sent her a personal message telling her she was rude. When in fact I'm the first one who spoke up to say that it's not a good thing to leave events early. I see you are new in this business, hopefully you can learn some good stuff on here to help you. And learn when to let some things go.

We all have our opinions. I personally, stay for an event until I'm told otherwise. I believe it is unprofessional and inconsiderate to not abide by even a verbal agreement to an event's set time. You never know who may come from work that last 30 minutes. They may be the one needing the extra income from PC. There are times when you may have a slow time. After money has been spent on advertising and signage and to have vendors pull out early, because it's not busy enough for them, is disrespectful. It makes a good event look bad. When you have agreed to a set time, you abide by it! I didn't and won't invite those back that did this. I think this is what the original poster was concerned about. HER PC business being affected by one sour apple.

wadesgirl said:
She never actually called you rude, she said it was rude to leave early. There's a difference. She wasn't attacking you, you were the one who sent her a personal message telling her she was rude. When in fact I'm the first one who spoke up to say that it's not a good thing to leave events early. I see you are new in this business, hopefully you can learn some good stuff on here to help you. And learn when to let some things go.

Let it go Wadesgirl. Take your own advice. I will run my markets the way I want, thanks.

I think it's disrespectful when event planners do things like invite 2 PC reps or a bunch of other unfair things that I see posted around here. It certainly goes both ways.

I'm polite when I leave. I clean up and say good bye. I make a lot of great contacts while I'm there. Then I go home when I'm ready to go.

lockhartkitchen said:
We all have our opinions. I personally, stay for an event until I'm told otherwise. I believe it is unprofessional and inconsiderate to not abide by even a verbal agreement to an event's set time. You never know who may come from work that last 30 minutes. They may be the one needing the extra income from PC. There are times when you may have a slow time. After money has been spent on advertising and signage and to have vendors pull out early, because it's not busy enough for them, is disrespectful. It makes a good event look bad. When you have agreed to a set time, you abide by it! I didn't and won't invite those back that did this. I think this is what the original poster was concerned about. HER PC business being affected by one sour apple.

I have been thinking about this thread since last night and came back to say just this, especially the bolded parts. Very well put.

I've stayed out of this discussion but decided to add my 2 cents. The original poster asked how to handle the email from the event coordinator. As some others suggested, I'd apologize and assure the coordinator that I'd be the one doing the booth this year and would honor the request to not tear down until the stated ending time. In the future if I gave a booth opportunity to another consultant I'd urge them to honor the request to wait to tear down.When I do an event I am set up well in advance of the opening time and never begin tearing down until the stated end time. As a matter of fact, if there are still a few customers wandering around after the stated end time I'll wait until they've had a chance to come by my booth before tearing down. I have had some great contacts at the very end of events. I once had someone make a very large purchase in the last few minutes. She thanked me for staying. Her purchase more than paid for my booth rental. My personal point of view is this. First of all, when I pay my fee for a booth I have tacitly agreed to the rules, whether I've signed a contract or not. Second, I have already blocked out the full time. If there aren't many customers at any particular time, that's a great opportunity to connect with other nearby vendors. There is no wasted time at a booth. Finally, I believe that the very last person to arrive is just as important as the first person. He or she deserves my full attention and a chance to view my products. I respect other points of view; I'm just sharing my own opinion.

BethCooks4U said:
I have been thinking about this thread since last night and came back to say just this, especially the bolded parts. Very well put.

I knew you would come back! You can agree with whatever you like Beth... it does not change the fact that myself, and many others, will leave an event that has died out. If you do not like it, that's your perogative, but it will NOT change me from doing it.

Many event planners will try to get one over on us too. There's many posts here about them inviting two PC consultants and expecting food, etc at the last moment. I'm sure you've seen the multiple threads complaining about event planners.

They're there to do their job and I'm there to do mine. If their end of the bargain falls short (low turn out) then I feel I am released from mine.

I have done 5 booths now and I left early from one, that I HAVE been invited back too next month. I left an hour early and so did about 5 others. Again, I paid to rent that space, they did not hire me to sit for X amount of hours.

So while you may think you're being all ethical and rigtheous, it's not the way things go down in the real world. And most of you know that. Many of you have left early as well.... I'm just the only one brave enough here to discuss it.

Jackie, I think you need to let this go. You obviously have a problem with me. But this is doing nothing for you - in fact (I'll hear about this too I know) it's getting childish "I knew you'd be back " - really??

There are a lot of people who have said the same things on this thread as I have but you insist on attacking me (and while I realize it is an inflammatory word, I wasn't the first to use the word rude by the way). I did not call YOU rude, I said the practice you are doing is rude but YOU did call ME rude. I believe you owe me an apology.

You obviously disagree with the rest of those posting right along with me. Maybe it is a difference in value definitions. Whatever, you have stated your opinion, now move on.

One there comment directed back to you, then onto important things: PMing is for personal conversations. Using the PM system to attack someone is not acceptable practice and is an abuse of the system. If you can't say something in front of others it should not be said.

I am one of those that stay until the end too. So many times those last few minutes count. Sometimes people make up their minds at the end, decide to purchase something last minute, decide to come back and book that party, etc., etc.,

As the original poster, I must apologize for the trouble the post has caused. I was venting cause I almost lost a good show because another consultant did not follow through on a committment. My thoughts is that, if you are the original contact for an affair, and you offer it to someone else to save their month of sales, they should follow the committment in order not to loose the fair for the originator. Long winded sentence but I hope everyone understands what I mean. I really appreciate all of the responses Thanks again

Cathy Boucher said:
As the original poster, I must apologize for the trouble the post has caused. I was venting cause I almost lost a good show because another consultant did not follow through on a committment. My thoughts is that, if you are the original contact for an affair, and you offer it to someone else to save their month of sales, they should follow the committment in order not to loose the fair for the originator. Long winded sentence but I hope everyone understands what I mean. I really appreciate all of the responses Thanks again

Cathy you were very clear on what you were saying and it was very valid.

Many times threads go off in all directions and it has nothing to do with what the OP meant it to be - don't feel bad!

raebates said:
I've stayed out of this discussion but decided to add my 2 cents.

The original poster asked how to handle the email from the event coordinator. As some others suggested, I'd apologize and assure the coordinator that I'd be the one doing the booth this year and would honor the request to not tear down until the stated ending time.

In the future if I gave a booth opportunity to another consultant I'd urge them to honor the request to wait to tear down.

When I do an event I am set up well in advance of the opening time and never begin tearing down until the stated end time. As a matter of fact, if there are still a few customers wandering around after the stated end time I'll wait until they've had a chance to come by my booth before tearing down. I have had some great contacts at the very end of events. I once had someone make a very large purchase in the last few minutes. She thanked me for staying. Her purchase more than paid for my booth rental.

My personal point of view is this. First of all, when I pay my fee for a booth I have tacitly agreed to the rules, whether I've signed a contract or not. Second, I have already blocked out the full time. If there aren't many customers at any particular time, that's a great opportunity to connect with other nearby vendors. There is no wasted time at a booth. Finally, I believe that the very last person to arrive is just as important as the first person. He or she deserves my full attention and a chance to view my products. I respect other points of view; I'm just sharing my own opinion.

I have been that last person at many events, and fully appreciate (by spending more dollars at their tables/taking their cards for future contacts) those that do stay until the very end. Many people work and may not be able to come earlier, or have other commitments (especially marching band moms in the fall on Saturdays when most of these fairs tend to be held). If invited as a vendor, I too, would stay until the posted end of the show. If I PAID for a table, you bet I will stay until the very end, to get my money's worth out of the event.

JackieB999 said:
I knew you would come back! They're there to do their job and I'm there to do mine. If their end of the bargain falls short (low turn out) then I feel I am released from mine.

I have done 5 booths now and I left early from one, that I HAVE been invited back too next month. I left an hour early and so did about 5 others. Again, I paid to rent that space, they did not hire me to sit for X amount of hours.

So while you may think you're being all ethical and rigtheous, it's not the way things go down in the real world. And most of you know that. Many of you have left early as well.... I'm just the only one brave enough here to discuss it.

Get real and grow up. We all live in the real world. If we didn't we would all be making six figure incomes and have shows every night we wanted.

You got lucky being invited back to a booth your left early from. Because it is rather rude. Not only are you doing potential customers a diservice but also yourself. You will be hard pressed to find anyone in the business community who would support leaving an event early. It's not about being ethical or righteous it's about commitment. You are free to run your buisness the way you want but keep leaving events early and eventually you will gain a poor reputation. To me, (MY OPINION) it makes you look bad a person as well as a PC consultant and also looks bad for the company we all represent.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinions, as is everyone else, but when it comes to ethics and good business practice there isn't too much wiggle room.

Most of you have a much bigger problem with me leaving an hour early than the event planner actually did! She said "Thanks for coming, see you in October!".

I'm done typing in here... I've said what I wanted to say (even to Beth) and that's about it. I'm fine with my own ethics and business practices. You all can stay until the bitter end of a slow market if you want... but I'm more of an "outside the box" kind of person. I have my own part time business so I can be my own boss... and that's what I am :)

vanscootin said:
Get real and grow up. We all live in the real world. If we didn't we would all be making six figure incomes and have shows every night we wanted.

You got lucky being invited back to a booth your left early from. Because it is rather rude. Not only are you doing potential customers a diservice but also yourself. You will be hard pressed to find anyone in the business community who would support leaving an event early. It's not about being ethical or righteous it's about commitment. You are free to run your buisness the way you want but keep leaving events early and eventually you will gain a poor reputation. To me, (MY OPINION) it makes you look bad a person as well as a PC consultant and also looks bad for the company we all represent.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinions, as is everyone else, but when it comes to ethics and good business practice there isn't too much wiggle room.

Perfectly said!! It's not a question of "the way the real world is". That's bull. As a teacher, when open house is from 6:30-8:00 I don't leave when it's slow and no one is there at 7:50 PM. There may be a parent that gets off work and arrives at 7:55. That's my job and respectful. It's unacceptable to just leave when a commitment is expected. No question there. Some people will continue to run ethical and professional businesses and some just won't. Period.

When we do a booth in this area, most organizers make us sign that we cannot leave early, or we have to man the booth at all times. Smaller church fairs usually do not, but i would not leave even if it is slow since i had some great business in the last hour before. If not i hooked up with the Tupperware lady and did some "training". She's in the TW business for over 25 years, manages a big team in this area and has a lot of experience in the DS. I sometimes ask her those questions that i have no chance to ask my upline, because there is no upline here.
So States fair, zonta fair, and so on, if we left early we would have not been able to do it the next year, because they do remember. This year at the central states fair a new consultant form another team was helping out and took a few shifts. It would have been her 2nd day out on monday when she decided to not show up. She did not realize that she actually had to pay for the time she was out there. My friend who organized the different shifts showed up 40 minutes late, by plain accident when she got the call from the office. They told her that if she was not there, they would have made us all go home immediatey, and was not allowed back for 5 years to the event. And possibly for other connecting events too that the same organizers do. That means 2 different 10 day event that brings in thousands of people and a lot of nice business for us too. I am furious at this girl, who will not participate in any other booth vendor event we do because her carelessness. She could have screwed this opportunity for about 10-15 people in this area.
So if someone here posting that is ok to leave early, keep this in mind, i do not think so.

As for the tread starting person. I would also apologize to the organizer and make sure that you or anyone else will stay for the whole time next time. If they let you come back this year they will be ok now, but there might not be a 2nd chance for you.

1. Why should I stay for the whole vendor fair?

Staying for the whole vendor fair shows commitment to your business and the event. It also allows you to maximize your exposure and potential sales. Leaving early can reflect poorly on both you and your company.

2. What are the consequences of leaving a vendor fair early?

Leaving a vendor fair early can result in missed opportunities for sales and networking. It can also damage your reputation and the reputation of your company. The event coordinator may also be less likely to invite you back in the future.

3. Why would someone leave a vendor fair early?

There could be various reasons why someone may leave a vendor fair early. Some may have conflicting appointments or emergencies that they need to attend to. Others may not have properly planned their time and underestimated how long the event would last.

4. How can leaving a vendor fair early make Pampered Chef and myself look bad?

Leaving a vendor fair early can give the impression that you are not committed to your business or that you do not value the event or its attendees. This can reflect poorly on both you and your company, making it seem unprofessional and unreliable.

5. Should I address the issue with the consultant who left early?

It may be best to address the issue with the consultant privately instead of confronting them publicly. You can express your concerns and the impact it had on your business and the event. This can help prevent similar situations in the future. However, ultimately it is up to the consultant to decide how they want to handle the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • pchockeymom