• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Street Fair Worth It? - Assessing the Pros & Cons

In summary, the conversation is about a potential street fair in Media, PA on April 20th that costs $65 to sign up. The fair is expected to have 200 vendors and 8000 attendees. The participants are discussing whether it is worth it to sign up for the fair and if it would be beneficial to have multiple PC vendors at the event. Some participants share their experiences with similar events and suggest bringing cash and carry items for sale. They also mention the importance of following up with interested individuals and having someone to split sales and leads with. There is also talk of organizing a group trip to the fair.
jbachen
Does anyone ever do street fairs? I have one listed in my area on April 20th, and it is $65 to sign up, but they have 200 vendors there and an estimated attendance of 8000 people. I am just wondering if this is worth it?

Also, the only contact information is where to send a check to for the fee, so there is no checking to see if any other PC vendors are signed up... Although with 200 vendors, will more than one PC vendor even be an issue??

I would try to get some of your team to do it with you, split the cost. I am sure with 8000 people you won't be able to talk to everyone at the same time. You'll need back up.

I did one last fall, I got 8 bookings for November off of it and I'll for sure do it again next year if it is offered to me! It was so worth it.
I'd try to contact someone to see about having mulitple DS reps at the event...maybe having one other PC rep wouldn't be a prob, but I'd take issue having 3 or 4 or more if they don't stop for a limit.

$65 is a STEAL.
I pay $125 for the loal street fair.
Sales are iffy, but I have gotten many booking and a couple recruit leads.
Good luck!
---I would make sure you are the only PC vendor.

The only time that the fair might not be a good deal is if it's a festival where everyone is going to be drinking. Most of the people there are only there to party.
Also bring anything that you have still new because people want something they can buy and walk away with.

We have a small one twice per year (it's free) and even THAT is worth it. It's a pleasant surprise to people to see the familiar. I had an expo this weekend that was so excited b/c I had a mini-serving spatula :). I would do a door prize to get names/emails, but I only give a drawing slip to people I talk with. That way I don't end up with a bunch of people that aren't really interested in PC at all. I have a friend help and the large expo I just had (she knows a lot about PC and I don't have to worry about the logistics of how to split sales and leads. Plus it's an excuse for us to be together.) There are 2 PC consultants at it and I do GREAT so I never really worry about that. After all, if I follow up and am really friendly, people will remember me. I've had her catalogs left in my booth...probably b/c I bring tons and try to have cash n carry on hand. People really do love that. Good luck!!I'm looking forward to the crazy days...but it's not for awhile yet. Oh...and not all 8000 people will stop, but you probably will have a couple hundred at least. People tire out and don't see everything.

Thanks for the feedback! I did finally find a number to call to check on other PC vendors, so hopefully they will get back to me, but I am really leaning toward this now... Maybe I will see if my recruiter can join me!

jbachen said:
Thanks for the feedback! I did finally find a number to call to check on other PC vendors, so hopefully they will get back to me, but I am really leaning toward this now... Maybe I will see if my recruiter can join me!

Where in NJ are you?
I am in NY, but on the North Jersey border.

SusanBP0129 said:
Where in NJ are you?
I am near Philly... The fair is in Media, PA... Want to take a road trip? I have a pull-out couch! :)

Anyone else close by want to come down? We could have a party at my house.

SusanBP0129 said:
Where in NJ are you?

Where in NY are you I live in NJ near the NY border and grew up in NY

Related to Street Fair Worth It? - Assessing the Pros & Cons

1. Is it worth the cost to participate in a street fair?

The answer to this question depends on a variety of factors. Some things to consider are the location and size of the fair, your target audience, and the cost of the booth or table. It's important to do some research and consider the potential return on investment before committing to a street fair.

2. What are the advantages of participating in a street fair?

Street fairs can provide a great opportunity to showcase your products to a large and diverse audience. They also offer the chance to network with other vendors and potentially make new connections. Additionally, street fairs can be a fun and exciting way to promote your brand and engage with potential customers.

3. What are the disadvantages of participating in a street fair?

One potential disadvantage of participating in a street fair is the cost. Booth or table fees can be expensive, and there may be additional expenses for things like signage or promotional materials. There is also the possibility of inclement weather or low foot traffic, which could negatively impact sales and make the investment less worthwhile.

4. How can I make the most out of my experience at a street fair?

To make the most of your experience at a street fair, it's important to plan ahead. Make sure to have a visually appealing display, bring enough products and samples to showcase, and have a clear pricing and payment system in place. Engage with potential customers and other vendors, and have a strategy for collecting contact information for follow-up after the event.

5. Are there any tips for first-time vendors at a street fair?

For first-time vendors at a street fair, it's important to do some research and preparation beforehand. Make sure to understand the rules and regulations of the fair, have a clear understanding of your target audience, and set realistic goals for the event. It's also helpful to have a positive and engaging attitude, and to be open to learning from other vendors and potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• augmommychef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • allisonserna