• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

1St Street Fair as a Director...warning: Long and Rambling

G
Gagescorpages
I have done the Street Fair in my town for the past two years (2-3 time a year)
I have always done it alone, because all 5 of my recruit signed after the season. I have always done well - usually $200-500 in sales and many leads that have resulted in future sales, bookings, referrals and even a recruit.

Well...tomorrow is the Street Fair and 3 of my 5 recruits are participating.
I have 1 recruit - we'll call her Barbara- she is a good friend of mine.
She loves PC and is pretty knowledgable about the products. The problem is she is a know-it-all and a bit "pushy". She had a show last week - $600 in sales - 9 guests - ZERO bookings... Now - before this show her words were: "I'm sure the sales will be good, but I know I won't get any bookings".:grumpy: Negativity like that DRIVES ME CRAZY. Anyway...I explained that attitude is 1/2 the battle, yada yada...
Well - she is a bit peeved that the other 2 on my team will be at the fair. She has made CONSTANT comments about "how will it work with so many people...) She has no bookings and desperately needs them, and I totally GET THAT - but when she makes comments like "I know I do a great show, I just need the bookings" it make me cringe. :bugeye:
I know I am rambling...whoever is still reading- THANK YOU!!
Anyway---
I am not even sure what my point is anymore...I guess I just needed to vent.
I have repeatedly told her to GET ON THE PHONE and to not immediately ask for bookings, but make a connection, etc...I am just worried that her negativity will bring my other recruit (the one with no car who is EXTREMELY timid) down. I am not worried about my 3rd recruit. She is a self starter and very positive.
Okay - that's my story.
Oh wait - I remembered my point ---LOL!
Obviously I will lead potential hosts to my recruits, even though I need bookings too - right? That would be the right thing to do, yes?
I am thinking I will throw all my energy into recruit leads. I am just afraid "Barbara" will be overbearing and scare them away too.
Okay - clearly I need help - or a drink - LOL - and it's only 11:45am. :cry:

SusanBP0129 said:
Well - she is a bit peeved that the other 2 on my team will be at the fair. She has made CONSTANT comments about "how will it work with so many people...) :

Could it be that she is
a)nervous becauses she feels she will need to "compete" for bookings
b)needs to be the pet or favorite and doesn't want the rest of the team involved.

Hopefully this is truly "behind the apron"
I just had one of my new girls pull this same kind of attitude. Basically throwing a tantrum about including other people in our team acitvities! She didn't say it that way but the more I let her talk (or email) the easier it became to pick it out. It was actually quite a kick in the teeth and I am hurt and troubled by it. So please excuse me if I am projecting my situation onto yours. I just don't know what to do.

End hi-jack

Constructive suggestions are...
Do shifts at the fair so that there is only you and 1 other consultant there at any given time
Have her go with you to your uplines meeting and have your upline do a training on attitude.
Go have a drink it is 5 o'clock somewhere:devil:

Koolotus said:
Could it be that she is
a)nervous becauses she feels she will need to "compete" for bookings
b)needs to be the pet or favorite and doesn't want the rest of the team involved.

Hopefully this is truly "behind the apron"
I just had one of my new girls pull this same kind of attitude. Basically throwing a tantrum about including other people in our team acitvities! She didn't say it that way but the more I let her talk (or email) the easier it became to pick it out. It was actually quite a kick in the teeth and I am hurt and troubled by it. So please excuse me if I am projecting my situation onto yours. I just don't know what to do.

End hi-jack

Do shifts at the fair so that there is only you and 1 other consultant there at any given time
Have her go with you to your uplines meeting and have your upline do a training on attitude.

I do believe you have hit the nail on the head!!!
:mad:
I did make a schedule and she made a comment that as long as her and I are on opposite shifts it should be okay since we know what we are doing...:eek::bugeye:
Again- I am SO NOT PERFECT - but I will say that I have more experiece than she does yet she can't seem to wrap her head around that.
On a happy note: I just made margaritas in the Quick Stir. LOL :sun: :love0010:

Koolotus said:

This is exactly what I was going to say - and the rest is good too!!

When we do booths we have different color door prize slips. We keep the slips of the people we talk to - even the director. You have started building a relationship with that person and they will want you to be the one to call them. That being said, if you want to give your team some that's your business.

Susan
I am so sorry you have to deal with her...I am sorry for us both.
I just recieved ANOTHER email from her telling me she is stepping away from home party plans and that she was so glad she "helped" me.
Never did I ever approach her with any indication that she could or was helping me. Crikey she approached me!!
I can't even get into the drama that this has been but my promotion was supposed to be happy and joyous and now it's all about queen needy.

This is hidden right? :pray:

Anyhow, if your girl was on my team I think I would tell her that I want us to do at least one shift together so I can hear her speak and see if maybe I could offer suggestions if I feel she might want to tweak it. Explain that you can't help her if you don't know what she is doing and that it would be good "practice" for you. (end placating :devil:)

Good luck keep me posted and call me if you want to drink and b*tch!
570-251-3493
Cheryl

bethcooks4u said:
This is exactly what I was going to say - and the rest is good too!!

When we do booths we have different color door prize slips. We keep the slips of the people we talk to - even the director. You have started building a relationship with that person and they will want you to be the one to call them. That being said, if you want to give your team some that's your business.

LOVE the color codes DPDS idea!! Just printed them out in 4 different colors!:D

Koolotus said:
Susan
I am so sorry you have to deal with her...I am sorry for us both.
I just recieved ANOTHER email from her telling me she is stepping away from home party plans and that she was so glad she "helped" me.
Never did I ever approach her with any indication that she could or was helping me. Crikey she approached me!!
I can't even get into the drama that this has been but my promotion was supposed to be happy and joyous and now it's all about queen needy.

This is hidden right? :pray:

Anyhow, if your girl was on my team I think I would tell her that I want us to do at least one shift together so I can hear her speak and see if maybe I could offer suggestions if I feel she might want to tweak it. Explain that you can't help her if you don't know what she is doing and that it would be good "practice" for you. (end placating :devil:)

Good luck keep me posted and call me if you want to drink and b*tch!
570-251-3493
Cheryl

UGH!!! Oh Cheryl - that really sucks. Makes me feel a little better about my Queen Needy! LOL

Here's an excerpt from an email I JUST received:
"Not sure if you will get this or not but wanted to let you know that I am going to come in the morning and set up and stay until I can't take the heat. I think it may be busier in the morning because of how hot it is going to get and thought extra hand would be helpful and more opportunities. This way you can always go for a couple of hours in early afternoon until 2 or something. I would come back to clean up. Hope that is ok????"

[really hoping this is indeed hidden!!]
ANYWAY----
I wish you lived close - I'd say let's meet for some 'ritas! LOL
It is supposed to be 97 and humid tomorrow. Oh joy.

How far are you?
I will speed!!!

LOL.
I am in New York!
You?

Like the city?
I am in NE PA

Oh! not that far then, really.
I am about 40 minutes from Manhattan. I am in Rockland County.
Are you near Philadelphia?

nope, I am actuaaly near middletown in NY would be the closest you would probably know.
I am about 45 -hour from there.

NO WAY! I have done quite a few shows in Middletown, NY! That's only about 45 - an hour from me! Are you near Dingman's Ferry, PA?

We will have to meet up some day!!

So....how did it go?

Well...it was about 98 out, so that was miserable...and then it POURED at 3pm. It wasn't bad. Being the control freak that I am, I prefer to do these things alone, but it was good experience for them and I want them to be successful.
As for "Barbara", she drove me a little batty, but she made some sales and 1 or 2 leads. Still trying to get it through her head that it's better to get leads at these things than sales, but she is not getting that.
*sigh*

SusanBP0129 said:
NO WAY! I have done quite a few shows in Middletown, NY! That's only about 45 - an hour from me! Are you near Dingman's Ferry, PA?

We will have to meet up some day!!

Absolutely!!!
We could totally meet up.
:)
For Margarita's!!!

1. How long have you been doing the Street Fair in your town?

I have been doing the Street Fair in my town for the past two years, 2-3 times a year.

2. How much do you usually make in sales at the Street Fair?

I usually make between $200-500 in sales at the Street Fair, and also receive many leads that result in future sales, bookings, referrals, and even new recruits.

3. What are some common challenges you face as a Director at the Street Fair?

One common challenge I face as a Director at the Street Fair is recruiting new consultants. In the past, all of my recruits signed up after the season, leaving me to do the fair alone. Another challenge is dealing with negative attitudes from recruits, such as one who is a know-it-all and a bit "pushy" and another who is extremely timid and has no car.

4. How do you handle negative attitudes from recruits?

I handle negative attitudes from recruits by reminding them that attitude is half the battle and encouraging them to stay positive and focused. I also give them tips on how to approach potential hosts and make connections rather than immediately asking for bookings.

5. What is your strategy for recruiting at the Street Fair?

My strategy for recruiting at the Street Fair is to focus on potential host leads and lead them to my recruits who are in need of bookings. I also make sure to give equal attention to all of my recruits, and provide support and encouragement to those who may be struggling with negative attitudes or other challenges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies