• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Quality Leads: My Experience with Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair"

In summary, the woman is soliciting me for a job fair and asking for $20/table. I'm skeptical because of the unusual request and the possibility of scamming.
amy07
I am in constant awe of you guys who get these awesome leads AND the amount of them that you get.
I'm really not trying to be negative, but THIS is the kind of "leads" that I get. You see I received a HO lead late Saturday night about our biz opp. Called her Sunday afternoon (after church & such), she couldn't talk, but this is her response to me via email

"Hi Amy I'm so sorry I didn't call you back the other night - it got to be so late and then when I got home I found out that my aunt passed away...so it's been kind of a crazy couple of days.

Anyways.....
Right now we are still in the planning stages. We are looking at the last week of May. We are in the process of looking for a venue so a lot will depend on that. The tenative cost per table will be $20 but again that depends on the venue. I will send out the definate details once we are ready to start signing people up. I'm so glad you are interested!

Please let me know if you have any other questions"

Ok, WTH is this? She's soliciting me? Here is her response today after I responded asking what exactly she wanted or was looking for:

"Hi Amy

Sorry bout that - I did attach a note to the request that I sent, but I guess it didn't go through :-( My associate and I are putting together a job fair for home sales companies. We are looking at filling about 30 to 40 tables. This will not be a craft show or an opportunity to see any product. However, it will be an opportunity to perhaps do some recruiting. As I mentioned we are looking at the last week of May and approximately $20/table. I am in the process of looking for a venue which will determine the final date and price. If you think you might be interested please let me know and sorry bout the confusion!!"

Ok, so I know that this could possibly be a good thing, but really........I'm thinking a job fair where almost EVERY company is going to be telling you that you must pay up front in order to make money is sounding like a bie ole scam in people's eyes. Kind of like a really bad infomercial, KWIM? Yes, I know it is a business investment. But I'm not supposed to display the products?!?!? And 30-40 tables of different DS companies? What's your take on this? Give me a positive spin please....

the positive... our opportunity IS the best out there!

Why wouldn't you display the products? That's just weird. Wouldn't people who are not familiar with PC want to see them? I wouldn't rule it out, but find out if you can research them a bit more. who are the organizers and why are they doing this? They aren't making a lot of money at $20 per table, why are they doing this?

It is a very unusual request. If you do this, I would insist on showing products...the ones in the mini kit and the full kit. Explain to them that THIS is what we are all about. Each company has different products and people need to see what they are investing $65 to $155 for. I doubt if it would be a crime to pass out catalogs and take their contact info to get back to them about an order.

And please don't be too envious. HO leads, from my experience, are at best...sometimes good and rare times great. A larger percent of the time, they are duds or no call backs.

If you have a party, and you need the money than you know the party is a sure thing.

apparently, this lady is an AVON rep........My thought is that if they do not already have a "venue" then I can't see them gettig it organized enough with enough publicity to get that many sales professionals who would be ready that quickly. I'm thinking that they are using other DS companies to bring in the people so that they can push for their own personal recruiting.....

What is a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair?

A Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair is a networking event specifically for individuals interested in business opportunities and home sales jobs. It is an opportunity for companies to showcase their products and services and for job seekers to connect with potential employers.

How can attending a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair help me get quality leads?

Attending a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair can help you get quality leads by providing you with the chance to interact directly with potential customers and show them the benefits of your products or services. It also allows you to network with other professionals in the industry who may have valuable leads or connections.

What should I bring to a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair?

It is important to bring plenty of business cards, product samples, and marketing materials to a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair. These will help you stand out and make a lasting impression on potential leads. You may also want to bring a notebook and pen to take notes and keep track of important contacts.

How can I make the most out of my experience at a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair?

To make the most out of your experience at a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair, it is important to come prepared with a clear understanding of your products or services and their unique selling points. Be friendly, approachable, and engaging with potential leads, and make sure to follow up with them after the event.

What are some tips for success at a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair?

Some tips for success at a Biz Opp and Home Sales Job Fair include setting specific goals for the event, doing your research on attending companies, and practicing your sales pitch beforehand. It is also important to dress professionally and maintain a positive attitude throughout the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • lovecookn
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithdawn
Replies