• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Working Trade Shows & Fairs

In summary, this conversation discusses how to be a successful booth consultant. The tips include being approachable, wearing your pampered chef apparel, and following up with people. It is important to remember to take turns and not butt in on other consultants' conversations. It is also important to have a short stack of leads rather than a large stack of no leads.
Koolotus
That have left CS... This is why I stay. There is some fabulous advice there amid the babble and I thought I would share this :)

For those who have never worked the fair before, you want to talk to as many people as possible. You want to engage people and get them into the booth. An easy way to do that is to offer recipe cards (pre printed and inexpensive from PC, make sure to put your name on it) When people are walking by, offer "would you like a recipe from the pampered chef. Then when they stop, ask "are you familiar with the pampered chef?" Their yes or no will gauge the rest of your conversation.

Please remember that you are working with another consultant. Take turns, do not butt in on the other consultants conversations. Conduct yourself in a professional manner. We are not to stand out in the aisle or chase people down. We need to remember that we represent the Pampered Chef and need to behave in a professional manner. If we are too overbearing, we give the company at bad rep.

Also, if a customer has a consultant already, we are not there to steal customers from other consultants, you should refer them to their consultant.

Keep your drawing slips on you. You don't want to give out drawing slips to every person that walks by. You want to give them to people you talk to and connect with. You are much better off going home with a short stack of good leads then a large stack of no leads. If someone fills it out and isn't interested, jot a note down on it for yourself that says no lead. Take the drawing slip from them and jot reminder notes on it, so that when you call to follow up with them you remember what you talked about. This is why we keep the drawing slip box in the back, so we can control what goes in it, and we can jot notes down and put the slips in ourselves.

You can call everyone and tell them that although they did not win the gift certificate that they won a free show and you are booking for the month of_____
A free show is where you bring the ingredients, paper products and mail their invitations. I cost you a little $$ but you get a booking out of it, and it is really worth it.

Please wear your pampered chef apron, or pampered chef apparrel. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes or sneakers, you will be standing on cement for 6 hours!

Here are some tips that I have gotten for a terrific cd on booths and fairs:

Booth
Simple display

focus is bookings and recruiting
promote upcoming host bonuses

The focus is to draw them in as they walk by (Take Turns)

Ask qualifying questions

Who, What, Where, When Why?

Are you familiar with the Pampered chef?

Or How are you familiar with the Pampered Chef?

What do you see here today that you like?

Are you currently working with a consultant?

How may I help you today?

You really will have about 3 minutes with a customer.

Listen

Evaluate and Respond to establish rapport

Ojective is not to give!

The objective is to take

Take names, info, problems and action

You want to have good leads and use your time effectively.

Prize box is located in an indiscrete area. Keep slips with you

You are going to have those people with their sticky labels, and that’s fine

On the back of their slip, write no lead so that you are not wasting your time.

Make notes on the back of your slips for follow up!

Do not give out all your new catalogs. Old catalogs are fine. (you can put a sticker on the front that says, call me for our current catalog)

Give them your card/recipe card where they can call you for a current catalog or get their address and phone and you can mail them a current catalog and follow up with them after. If they want to place and order later, get their # so you can follow up!

You’ll see 3 types of customers

Information seekers

Looking for freebies, don’t spend a lot of your time with them

Past host/customers

Are you here to rebook or did you finally decide to become a pampered chef consultant? If not, give them a recipe card and give them a call another time.

New Customers
Next recruits or hosts

Follow up is the key!

Follow up with all yeses within 2 days!

All others within 2 weeks

If you wait, a lead is cold in 2 weeks and dead in 3!

Great tip is to follow up with everyone (all no’s) And say although you didn’t win the grand prize you did win a free show

On your break, walk around the ag center. Network with other vendors, wear your apron, pass out info, invite people to your booth.

I have a fair coming up...thank you. (And I am staying on CS as well for the same reasons.)

how do you all find fairs??

I am doing my county fair. Huge, not pricey if you break it down and be prepared to take action on your results.
I will post my results it runs 8/1-8/9 from noon to 11 everyday:indifferent0016:

1. How can I attract more customers to my booth at a trade show or fair?

To attract more customers, you can offer samples or demonstrations of your products, have eye-catching displays, and engage with attendees by asking them questions or offering special deals. You can also promote your booth on social media beforehand to generate interest.

2. How should I prepare for a trade show or fair as a vendor?

It's important to plan ahead and make a checklist of all the items you'll need for your booth, such as products, marketing materials, and supplies. You should also research the event and its attendees to ensure your products align with their interests. Additionally, make sure to have a way to process payments, such as a mobile card reader or cash box.

3. What is the best way to engage with potential customers at a trade show or fair?

The best way to engage with potential customers is to be friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable about your products. Ask open-ended questions to get them talking and listen to their needs and interests. You can also offer free samples or demos to pique their interest and provide information about any special deals or promotions you have.

4. How can I make my booth stand out among the other vendors?

You can make your booth stand out by having a visually appealing display, using bright colors and clear signage, and offering interactive elements such as games or contests. You can also have a unique selling proposition or special offer that sets you apart from other vendors.

5. How can I follow up with potential customers after the trade show or fair?

Be sure to collect contact information from interested attendees and follow up with them within a week after the event. You can send a personalized email or make a phone call to thank them for visiting your booth and offer any additional information or promotions. You can also connect with them on social media to keep them updated on your products and future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dlsmeal
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Maryannbaird
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • movingon2010