• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice Needed: Weird Home Office Lead Situation

In summary, the home office lead asked personal questions during the conversation, and when I told her I didn't have kids, she asked me where my kids went to daycare. We never met, and I feel like she's trying to be friends.
imported_iteachurkid
Ok, I need your advice (and I have a feeling this is going to be long). I have a rather weird situation that has been going on for a while and just don't know what to do. I had a home office lead in April for the business opportunity. I called her and the conversation immediately began with her asking me personal questions (where did I live, did I have kids, was I married, where did I work). I spent the whole conversation trying to not be rude, but figure out why she had requested info. We left it with she would call me back with a few dates that worked for her for us to meet. Honestly, it sounds stupid, but my gut told me when I got off the phone with her that something was weird. We'll we scheduled and she rescheduled several times. Every time I talked to her, she'd ask the same questions (I mean like 5 or 6 times). Even after telling her I didn't have kids numerous times, I got an email from her asking me where my kids went to daycare as she was looking for a daycare in the area where I taught. I felt like I was in the twilight zone (I'd told her numerous times no children). We'll needless to say, we never met up and I was honestly ok with that. Fast forward to tonight, she calls and leaves me a message and I call her back. She starts out the conversation telling me about how her and her husband have seperated and I tell her how sorry I am. She tells me WAY too much information about the whole situation (and I'm thinking that maybe this is all leading to something about how she needs to start a PC business or something). I keep trying to listen and not be rude (I mean she was telling me so much stuff), and then she asks me if I go out on the weekends. I told her that I do every now and then, but not to worry that if she wanted to meet on a weekend to talk about Pampered Chef that I could definitely set some time aside for that. She said "oh no, I was thinking maybe I could go out with you, as friends". Ok, I'm not a mean person, but I'm not her friend. I've never met her and she's given me that weird feeling since the first time I talked to her. I'm sure I'm paranoid, but I feel like she's stalkerish. So I tell her maybe one day (I mean what do you say, no way, I'm not hanging out with you?!?!) and then once again attempt to turn the conversation the PC way. We left the conversation with she was going to look at her calendar and get back to me with a date to get together and meet. And honestly, I really don't want to meet with her. Am I being crazy? I just don't think I need someone like this on my team. I feel like she wants a friend and that's it. I feel bad for her, don't get me wrong, but the whole situation freaks me out (have I said that before?!?!). Ok, to those of you who are still reading, thanks. Any one had a similar situation? Anyone have advice? I don't know what to do!!

Go with your gut. If it says don't meet with her... don't meet with her. Good luck!

I agree with Colleen. Also, Have you googled her name just to see what pops up?

do you have caller ID? If not, get it.

Another good way to look her up would be facebook or my space. If you are worried about meeting with her I would take someone with you or have it be a group meeting where you have other leads there too. That way she can see that this is about your business.

Thanks for the reassurance. I really felt like I was being paranoid, but the more I think about it, the more I think she's a little crazy. Yes, Linda, I have caller ID and I plan to use it. I talked to a few others tonight and they all said to go with my gut. Looking for her online was a good idea. I found nothing through Google, but she does have a facebook page. Doesn't look like she uses it much, has 5 friends. I don't have a myspace account, so I don't know if I can check that. I started thinking tonight, we don't realize how much information we tell people in just answering a few questions. It's kind of scary. I'm just hoping she doesn't call anymore :) Thanks everyone!!

Well, as a mom of an Aspberger's kid.....it sounds like she might have a slight little bit of Aspberger's syndrome--they frequently ask inappropriate questions--they are not crazy, they just don't get it socially. But if you feel awkward, go with your gut. Aspberger's people come across as wierd socially but once you get past that they are friends for life. My son is not crazy, but he would ask those kinds of questions--they just don't know where the boundaries are socially. But they are harmless.

I think it's a great idea that if you DO meet with her, do it as a group. Or even just have a friend come along because maybe she can act curious about PC too. Sounds like this woman needs friends. But your gut is probably telling you the right thing!

1. What should I do if my home office lead is behaving inappropriately?

If you feel uncomfortable with the behavior of your home office lead, it is important to address the situation immediately. Start by documenting specific instances of inappropriate behavior and then bring it to the attention of your human resources department or a higher-up manager. They can help guide you on how to handle the situation and ensure that your concerns are taken seriously.

2. How can I set boundaries with my home office lead?

Setting clear and professional boundaries with your home office lead is important for maintaining a healthy working relationship. Communicate openly and assertively about your expectations and limits, and be consistent in enforcing them. If necessary, involve your human resources department or a higher-up manager to help support and reinforce your boundaries.

3. My home office lead is constantly micromanaging me. What can I do?

If you feel like your home office lead is overly controlling or micromanaging your work, try having a conversation with them about your preferred working style and how you feel their management style is impacting your productivity. It's important to approach the conversation calmly and professionally, and be open to finding a compromise that works for both of you.

4. How do I handle a difficult home office lead?

Dealing with a difficult home office lead can be challenging, but it's important to maintain a professional demeanor and not let their behavior affect your work. If necessary, seek advice and support from your human resources department or a higher-up manager. It may also be helpful to find ways to minimize interactions with your home office lead and focus on your tasks and responsibilities.

5. What should I do if my home office lead is not responding to my emails or requests?

If you are having trouble getting a response from your home office lead, try reaching out to them through a different communication channel, such as in person or by phone. If the lack of response is causing delays or affecting your work, involve your human resources department or a higher-up manager to help resolve the issue and ensure that your communication is being addressed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
Replies