• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Difficult Situation: Sharing a Craft Fair Booth

First, I get an email from the organizer of a local craft fair asking if I would be interested in sharing my booth with another consultant. I told her no because I already have a show that day and I don't want to share. Then, I get another email from the same organizer asking me if I would be interested in sharing my booth with this other consultant. I told her no again because I don't know who she is and I don't want to share. Now, the organizer sends me an email asking me if I would be interested in sharing my booth with this other consultant. I told her no again because I don't want to share. Then, the organizer sends me an email asking me if I would be interested in sharing my
amy07
I did a local craft fair last fall and great success. I shared the booth with my recruiter. I worked the morning, she the afternoon. (I only offered it to her because I knew she was struggling with her business and I also had an event for my DS that I wanted to attend later in the day.) So, as soon as i was able I booked it again for this year.

So today, the organizer sends me an email with another consultants name/number & email. The lady (Consultant) has requested that i share my booth with her.
Now if this was a big 2-3 day event I really wouldn't have a problem. But it is only 1 day from like 10-4. AND I have no idea who this other woman is. I considered sharing the event with my downline or even offering it to them totally if I booked a show for that day.

How would you feel about this situation? The woman who wants me to share is doing a weekend long event at the local mall, so I'm thinking that she thinks the norm is to share all booths. I don't want to come across as selfish. I really wouldn't mind if like I said it was a longer event or a costly one. But I've been turned down for events because they already had a PC rep and I NEVER thought about contacting the other consultant? Am I weird?

I'm almost afraid to call her because I don't want to sound crazy for not letting her share the booth. What would you do?

I would thank her for her interest and say that you already have help and since it is a small event there isn't a need. I would also say that you will keep her in mind for future events or if things change.

No way I would share. I can't believe the organizers even asked you. You have seniority here and THEY should be the ones telling her no.

I agree 100% with Beth and Debbie. I would be FLOORED if they asked me!!

going with Beth on this one! No you are not weird....she is for thinking that a 6 hour booth needed to be shared!

What Deb and Beth said.

Ditto!! You keep that booth to yourself. Tell her there will be no elbow room that day with all the people on your team. :)

Thanks for the support! It made me think I was just being a selfish twit or something for having the WTH knee jerk reaction at first.
In defense of the organizer, she did not give this woman my name, she only told her that she would give me her info and that it was up to me. So I do feel like even she thought that it was weird.

This has been a weird business day for me all around. So, this really thru me for a loop. I've felt like I was being punked all day today.

1. How do I handle a difficult situation with a fellow vendor at a craft fair?

The best way to handle a difficult situation with a fellow vendor is to approach them calmly and respectfully. Try to understand their perspective and communicate your concerns in a non-confrontational manner. It's important to find a solution that works for both parties and maintains a positive atmosphere for customers.

2. What should I do if my booth partner is not following the agreed upon rules?

If your booth partner is not following the agreed upon rules, it's important to address the issue immediately. Remind them of the rules and the importance of following them for the success of both booths. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to involve the event coordinator or find a different solution for sharing the booth space.

3. How can I ensure that both vendors are equally represented in the shared booth space?

Communication is key when it comes to ensuring equal representation in a shared booth space. Discuss with your booth partner beforehand how the space will be divided and make sure to display both products prominently. It may also be helpful to take turns manning the booth so that both vendors have an equal opportunity to interact with customers.

4. What should I do if my booth partner is not contributing equally to the cost of the booth?

If your booth partner is not contributing equally to the cost of the booth, it's important to address the issue before the event. Discuss the agreed upon cost and make sure both parties are aware of their financial obligations. If the issue cannot be resolved, it may be necessary to find a different booth partner for future events.

5. Is it appropriate to bring up sales or profits with my booth partner?

It's important to remember that you and your booth partner are a team and should support each other's success. It's appropriate to discuss sales and profits in a respectful and constructive manner. This can help identify areas for improvement and ensure that both vendors are benefiting from the shared booth space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
pclinskie