• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Strangest Home Office Lead I've Ever Had...

In summary, this woman called me and said she was a former consultant and that she had a show to submit. She was close to her 6-month time frame, so she asked me to submit it for her. I did, and now she's thanking me and wants me to be her new host when she's ready to start selling again. The show was for $200.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, this morning I had a HOL. I figured it was okay to call early, since she emailed the lead to HO early. :)

I called and said "Hi This is Becky with The Pampered..." and before I could even say CHEF, she started talking 1000 miles a minute. Here was the story -

"I'm a former consultant, and yesterday was my last day of my 6 months inactive. I have a show to submit, and I tried to submit it this morning, but they won't let me because my last day was yesterday. So I need a consultant to submit the show for me."

ME: "I'm sorry, are you asking me to submit the show FOR you?"

"Well - you can have the show, I don't care - I just have people who ordered stuff and I need to get the show submitted"

ME: "Um...who is your director?"

"I don't know - Sherry somebody - she's not from around here and I've never met her, and my recruiter is no longer selling either. I thought I had until the end of December to submit - and I was on the fence about continuing anyway, so this sort of answers my questions for me. I just need a local consultant to submit this show. Seriously, you can have the commission and the show and everything, I just need for you to take over the show for me."

ME: "Didn't anyone call or email you to let you know that you were close to your 6 month time frame?

"I did get an email, I think from Home Office - but I've never talked to or met my director - she's never emailed me about anything."

ME: "Sooo, you aren't wanting to re-sign and submit the show for yourself?"

"No - I have too much going on right now...2 kids ages 3 and under and pregnant for a third, and I'm working PT as a nurse. I just don't have time to think about PC right now, although I think I might like to sell again later. I've already talked to my friend who hosted, and she's fine with another consultant taking over the show."

So, after a bit more chatting - I emailed her my info, and she's emailing me the show info. and the contact info for the host.

I guess I have a show to submit. :rolleyes: The whole conversation was a bit surreal.

WOW! Keep her on your list and re-sign her when she's ready!!!!

FREE money for you!

finley1991 said:
WOW! Keep her on your list and re-sign her when she's ready!!!!
I know! She told me several times how much she'd loved selling PC, but she was feeling too overwhelmed by life right now to continue...I told her that eventually the time will be right for her again. She's on my list! (and personally, I think if she'd had some upline support, it might not have been so overwhelming.)

pcjenni said:
FREE money for you!

WhooooHoooo!

It took me a while to really believe that she was just handing the show over to me.

I'm just going to try do my best "after show" host coaching, and provide some good customer service to the guests from the show...so not just FREE money - but a whole new line of customers! :party:

That's awesome!! How much was the show for? Do you know yet? Goodness gracious!! Were you doing the happy dance or what?!?!

Amazing!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
wow! She'd be my new bff!

LOL!

Chef Kearns said:
That's awesome!! How much was the show for? Do you know yet? Goodness gracious!! Were you doing the happy dance or what?!?!

Sandra - I don't know yet - she still had some orders she was going to pick up from the host, and then she is going to email everything to me.

I wasn't really doing the happy dance at the time, because I was just so shocked from the phone call. "Here - I did this show, but now I'm giving it to you to submit." from a total stranger. How odd.

I'm more excited about it now, though! :D

I bet if she has further customer care contact with you, she will feel even better about re-signing, know she will get nurtured and not ignored!

(((Double post)))

I'd look at the show sales, then potentially talk to her about the mini kit and starting over with New Consultant rewards. Assuming this show would put her close to qualifying with a second show. Especially if she got any bookings.

Either way, what a nice surprise!

Oh wait!!! You don't live near Colleen do you??? I'd hat to find out that this is her crazy host who sat on orders for months!!! LOL

Let's hope this is a recent show and not 2-5 months old. ;)

Oh no!! Let's hope not!!! I don't think Colleen's "host of horrors" was ever a consultant...but one never knows!!:eek:

Sheila said:
I'd look at the show sales, then potentially talk to her about the mini kit and starting over with New Consultant rewards. Assuming this show would put her close to qualifying with a second show. Especially if she got any bookings.

Either way, what a nice surprise!

Oh wait!!! You don't live near Colleen do you??? I'd hat to find out that this is her crazy host who sat on orders for months!!! LOL

Let's hope this is a recent show and not 2-5 months old. ;)

I already talked to her about re-signing, and starting over. She was pretty adamant about now not being the time for her. That's why I told her that eventually the time would be right again. And it will...;)

And no - Colleen and I live on opposite sides of the state, thank goodness. That would be frightening! {{shudder!}}

The host was still collecting outside orders, so I think I'm okay as far as when the show was held.

Ann, I think Colleen's host was crazy enough to change the story & do something like this! :D

Becky, whew! ;) Good luck girl. I really do hope that it turns out to be a very positive & rewarding experience! Maybe down the line she will sign up on your team. :D

HAHA! She wasn't ever a PC consultant so I think we're okay there!!!!! LOL!

Wow...that's a lead and a half! You got a free show and a definite future recruit. With your support, she just might be a super star consultant! WTG!!

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Wow...that's a lead and a half! You got a free show and a definite future recruit. With your support, she just might be a super star consultant! WTG!!

Right now, I'm still waiting for her to email info to me. *Hoping* it really happens.

So - thought I should update!

She emailed me about $300 in orders, and gave me the host info to contact her for the rest of the orders and to close the show. So a very decent catalog show! (for free!)

BUT - Then she said this in the email!

Since we last talked, I actually thought about re-signing a consultant agreement to submit this order and continue with The Pampered Chef, but I really think its best if I dont at this time. I know myself, and I'm pretty sure I will not do anything else with pampered chef right now--especially with the baby coming in march! If I do wish to continue in the future, can I contact you for that purpose or do I have to re-sign under my former director? I would find it more valuable to have a director/ team in this area rather than across the state.

Thanks for your help!

Soooo, since she's obviously been thinking about our conversation, I just threw this out at her....( and even if she doesn't sign now, I know that one day she'll be a member of my team! )

IF you think at all that you might like to re-sign, please let me know, and I'll transfer this all back to you! You can re-sign under anyone you'd like. That's totally up to you...and I'd love to have you on my team when the time is right for you! I'll add you to my mailing list for my Email Newsletter, and that way you can keep up on what's going on, and be "in the know" about any sign-on bonuses. I have a really fun, supportive team, and I know it would be great for you to have that support and camaraderie!

Right now, for December the sign-on bonus is an extra 30 days tacked on to your 30 Day Bonus month. So you have 60 Days to qualify and then instead of the 90 day period, you have 120 days. (so extra time to earn free stuff.) And of course, when you decide to come back, we now have that $80 Kit - which would probably be perfect for you, since you would have the product already in the $155 kit, and would mostly need paperwork, etc...to get going again.

Just let me know if you do decide to re-sign - because as much as I love the free show :) I'd rather have you submit it yourself as the consultant!

(((fingers crossed))) hopefully the extra time & the cheaper kit will be what puts her over the fence! :D

Heck right now she'd be spending $80 & getting about $58 in commission (after the $2 insurance fee). If the show hits $400, she'd be breaking even - getting the kit for free! :D

Sheila said:
(((fingers crossed))) hopefully the extra time & the cheaper kit will be what puts her over the fence! :D

Heck right now she'd be spending $80 & getting about $58 in commission (after the $2 insurance fee). If the show hits $400, she'd be breaking even - getting the kit for free! :D

I know, right?

And I just thought of this!

She'd also get the Catalog Tote for signing and submitting in December....and if she just had one more catalog show of $150, she'd get the new Spring Product!

Ah, now I think I need to email her again. I'd call her, but she's working today!

LOL

Go get her Tiger! :D

That's exciting! Congrats Becky! I'd hold off on the 2 show notice....get her to see the wisdom of an extra 30 days, the tote and the mini kit...then you can mention that another show by the 15th would earn her the spring product. :D

Good Luck! Either way, you'll have her on your team eventually! WAHOOOO!!

1. What was the strangest home office lead you've ever had?

The strangest home office lead I've ever had was from a woman who claimed she could communicate with aliens and wanted to partner with Pampered Chef to create a line of intergalactic cooking tools.

2. Did you end up working with the woman who claimed to communicate with aliens?

No, we did not end up working with her. While we appreciate unique ideas, we felt that this partnership would not align with our company's values and goals.

3. How did you handle the situation with the woman who claimed to communicate with aliens?

We politely thanked her for her interest in our company and explained that we were not currently looking for any new partnerships. We wished her the best of luck in her endeavors.

4. Have you ever received any other unusual home office leads?

Yes, we have received a few other unusual home office leads, such as someone wanting to create a line of edible clothing or someone wanting to collaborate on a line of cooking tools for pets.

5. How do you handle strange or unusual home office leads in general?

We handle them with professionalism and respect. While we appreciate creativity and unique ideas, we also have to consider how they align with our company's values and goals. If a lead does not align with our vision, we politely decline and wish them the best of luck in their endeavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Careyann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • jessinthekitchen