• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Home Office Leads Question (No, I Wasn't on the Call)

In summary, the Home Office Leads system has changed so that now everyone who has sold $1250 in the past month is considered a consultant. However, you can still find a consultant if you have a PWS and live within a certain radius.
jwpamp
Hey, quickie here --So I just got Home Office Leads back -- no recruiting for me, just did more than the $1250 required last month --They also go to regular Consultants now who do the $1250 also, right? As long as they have a PWS.....Done with the dumb questions --Thx!

Yes. Exactly. Everyone who has a PWS and did $1250 in the previous month. :)

Ahhhh--- my dear Colleen to the rescue!! Thanks, honey!

Really....if no PWS no lead? Hmmm...

I went on earlier today and typed in my neighbor's address (next door). The first consultant that showed up was Duska who is 20 miles from me and a couple other consultant's I know more than 10 miles away. I didn't show up as a consultant for my neighbor's request. Me no likey!

Chef Kearns said:
I went on earlier today and typed in my neighbor's address (next door). The first consultant that showed up was Duska who is 20 miles from me and a couple other consultant's I know more than 10 miles away. I didn't show up as a consultant for my neighbor's request. Me no likey!

I did the same thing...me no likey either :grumpy:

I've actually tried to be very positive about this, espeially to my 3 Team Leaders who were all beyond thrilled that they finally made it to the lead system only to find out it's turned into "pick the winner".
I am finding no rhyme or reason to this lead system :devil:

Really, when you think about it, Home Office Leads as we think of them no longer exist. We will no longer get an email that says "You Have A New Lead" because now, when people are looking for a consultant, they can pick from 5...after viewing the profiles of all five if they wish. It's not a lead generated anymore like we've been used it. Oh - and if they aren't interested in those five, they can do another search and come up even more names to choose from.

Not saying I'm happy with it (because I definitely am not!) but it is what it is.

It's not a lead system at all. It's a find a consultant system. The only qualifier to be found is that you sell $1250 so a $150/month consultant wouldn't be listed normally. lol We'll see how it pans out.

I know I shouldn't have but I need a "mock" search too. We've got multiple zips in our area. I did 4 searches with zips within 10 min. of me and only came up 1 time with my name (my name didn't come up until the 3rd time!). A new consultant on my team 15 min. from me came up every time! Interesting to say the least. I didn't see any rhyme or reason as to who/why the consultants were generated from the zips. Skeptical of the new way but leads were never a bread/butter part of the biz., just a nice dose of icing on the cake. But...I want to keep my icing!!!

I am also wondering how they will be handling the online orders.

When I put in a local address, I didn't come up, but one of my 2nd generation consultants did -- she didn't have $1250 in sales last month. Oh boy -- what a great system! sheesh!

flemings99 said:
I know I shouldn't have but I need a "mock" search too. We've got multiple zips in our area. I did 4 searches with zips within 10 min. of me and only came up 1 time with my name (my name didn't come up until the 3rd time!). A new consultant on my team 15 min. from me came up every time! Interesting to say the least. I didn't see any rhyme or reason as to who/why the consultants were generated from the zips. Skeptical of the new way but leads were never a bread/butter part of the biz., just a nice dose of icing on the cake. But...I want to keep my icing!!!

I agree. Before I was a director, I made darn sure I had those sales to get the leads. I worked for the 'icing', and appreciated the rewards when there was some. I feel like its one more perk gone.

Sandi

I emailed HO asking for an explanation on the "randomly" selected consultants after doing several searches. First I did 10 different addresses in various areas and zip codes in my area. One consultant came up EVERY time (except the one about 15 miles away where it said "no consultants found in your area" WTH??!!!). Then I did my address and clicked the "find" button 10 times (I think), the SAME consultant that came up in all the others, came up in 9 of 10. Not liking this!! I'd like to hear their explanation of how they consider this "random".

Geesh, you guys finally made me check out some of this new web stuff ;) I did my own "find a consultant" search based on a street near me (I don't think street name has anything to do with it; HO just wants to get that info for us) and my zip. I was #5 on the list. One of my new people was on the list and she didn't submit $1250 last month. Plus, it's not even the 10th of the month so last month's stats aren't final. Could this "find a consultant" be everyone who's active? What happens if you just click on "shop online?" I don't want to screw with the lead system to much so I'm not going to test that part. Does it ask you to pick one of 5? Is it going to be to our benefit to have our picture on our PWS so that we're more attractive to potential leads? So that our customers can say "hey, that's her?"

Becca_in_MD said:
Geesh, you guys finally made me check out some of this new web stuff ;) I did my own "find a consultant" search based on a street near me (I don't think street name has anything to do with it; HO just wants to get that info for us) and my zip. I was #5 on the list. One of my new people was on the list and she didn't submit $1250 last month. Plus, it's not even the 10th of the month so last month's stats aren't final. Could this "find a consultant" be everyone who's active? What happens if you just click on "shop online?" I don't want to screw with the lead system to much so I'm not going to test that part. Does it ask you to pick one of 5?

Is it going to be to our benefit to have our picture on our PWS so that we're more attractive to potential leads? So that our customers can say "hey, that's her?"

Now that you bring it up, when I did my search my gal that came up 3 out of the 4 times didn't submit $1,250 either last month. HUMMMm I think there's something not working here.

Just out of curiosity ... these consultants who didn't submit $1,250 in April, did they do it in March? Maybe it's hitting March stats right now & will soon switch over to April stats?

Sheila said:
Just out of curiosity ... these consultants who didn't submit $1,250 in April, did they do it in March? Maybe it's hitting March stats right now & will soon switch over to April stats?

3 of mine that are coming up did submit $1250 in March BUT they were not TL or above in March. One was a SC the other 2 were C. These same 3 also submitted over $1250 in April also.

They no longer have to be TL or above -- just submit $1250. Hope they get any glitches fixed!

You're up early Ruthie! I am off to a 5k Race or I would still be in my jammies!! ;-) All wrapped up with ace bandages and ready to go!

Sheila said:

It does go by the month before (so March sales).

I did not even think about the online orders.. I bet we don't see those anymore! On our loop the word for the execs is that it is truly random selection about who comes us. Makes me sad. Some of these consultants are not going to return emails or calls and service the customer!

Just my opinion, but I feel this will surely be a chink in the amour of Pampered Chef and not show a true reflection of how they want customer service to be represented.

Rarely do I contact HO with a complaint, but this is what I just wrote to my Sales Director.

I hope this e-mail finds you doing well. The Pampered Chef has been such a big part of my life and helped me in more ways than I will ever know. Over my 12 year career with TPC, there have been many changes. Changes are necessary.

The recent change in the lead system initially seemed it would help others grow their business a bit faster. It sounded like it could have some positive results.

Then I started reading how others have gone onto the lead system and not found their name. Being an Advanced Director, I had concern so my first try was an address not even 1 mile away from me. Five consultants showed up...my name was not in the mix. One of my downline that lives 30 miles away was on the list. Another Advanced Director in my downline lives within 25 miles is not listed.

Today I put in the address of a lead I have just received earlier this week. My name did not show up and a consultant that lives further away from the lead address showed up. I put my parents's address in the system (they live 15 miles from me). People who live 30 miles away showed up. I clicked "find" 3 times before my name showed up on the bottom of the list.

I also feel that when a recruit lead feels that the area is saturated and does this search it will confirm to them that there are too many consultants in the area. Although I know how to reassure them, they most likely would have already talked themselves out of it.

Hopefully, the system will work the way The Pampered Chef wants it to work. So far, I have deep concerns about the new lead system. Thank you for reading my e-mail.

Doubt if it will make much difference but at least I took it to the source that needs to know.

baychef said:
Rarely do I contact HO with a complaint, but this is what I just wrote to my Sales Director.

I also feel that when a recruit lead feels that the area is saturated and does this search it will confirm to them that there are too many consultants in the area. Although I know how to reassure them, they most likely would have already talked themselves out of it.

Hopefully, the system will work the way The Pampered Chef wants it to work. So far, I have deep concerns about the new lead system. Thank you for reading my e-mail.[/I]

Doubt if it will make much difference but at least I took it to the source that needs to know.

OHMYGOSH! I never thought of that!! I always get this question at an interview. Oh, I think this new system has more bad than good benefits.

Sandi

Or...how about this one:

I got an email from a woman looking for a mini serving spatula, but she didn't want to pay shipping on it.

I then got phone calls from 2 consultants on my team, asking me if I had a mini serving spatula, because they got the SAME EXACT EMAIL. So, this woman went on, got the contact info for every consultant who showed up on the list, and emailed them all.....GRRRRRRRR.....

Chefbeckyd said:
Or...how about this one:

I got an email from a woman looking for a mini serving spatula, but she didn't want to pay shipping on it.

I then got phone calls from 2 consultants on my team, asking me if I had a mini serving spatula, because they got the SAME EXACT EMAIL. So, this woman went on, got the contact info for every consultant who showed up on the list, and emailed them all.....GRRRRRRRR.....

Lovely. :yuck:

Wonderful. Many will play that game for sure.

I did a search using my address. I clicked 10 times and wrote down names. I came up in the 5th click and a total of 3 times and never on top. One of my consultants (who lives 30 miles away) came up 6 times. I don't know any of the others. Some of the others cames up all 10 or 9 times out of the 10 times. When I clicked their info one had a message that made it sound like she is no longer doing PC (not currently available...). personally, I think until they update the list for April sales it's everyone but who knows!?

From what I can tell two of us are directors as we have pictures up and info on our websites (neither of us came up for the first few clicks and she was there 4 times, me 3). The others go to the new pws site for that consultant too. My consultant isn't a director and hers was the new.

So how is this right or even start to be fair? I think it should be geographic. Give the consultant closest to me, then further... If I don't want the closest I can choose someone else.

Chefbeckyd said:
Or...how about this one:

This in NOT good. I hope you let HO know about this!
Sandi

Just all wrong as far as I am concerned. Imagine if a show or recruit lead sends emails to a bunch of consultants. Then she is going to be bombarded with responses and be turned off. The cons are going to be disappointed because the leads are of no quality and what is the push to do 1250 when the find out the leads are crap?

I don't know how they are figuring out the 25 mile radius. But if their system is just looking at what other zip codes are in a 25 mile radius, that can widen the spectrum. This is not exactly to scale, it might be 2-3 miles off ... but using Google maps, I tried to calculate a 25 mile radius from a given point & then show zip codes that might also be included ... and this is showing 25 miles from a fictitious host in the NW corner of her zip. I didn't even pin point 25 miles from that SW corner & include all those areas too which are likely to be included in the HO computer search ...But maybe this explains how consultants that you think would be outside the zone might still get pulled into the lead on a particular inquiry (someone in the SW corner of 76028 might get that lead when there are 5 in the brown section of Grand Prairie & 100 consultants inside the circle.https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/543264_3872824664299_1389121744_4317180_249141191_n.jpg

Sheila...you have way too much time on your hands girlfriend!

Cool photo editing software. Took me about 8 minutes. LOL

OK, so first of all I have been reading all these posts all weekend on the facebook directors pages with a grain of salt..I know that when big companies introduce new software of technology there is a period called a "storm" where all kinds of mistakes and bugs get worked out...so I thought to myself I would just play with it with an open mind. I went to c corner to set up a new show and it wouldn't let me do that from the old one, i expected that. Went to MY website directly from the internet, entered the portal that asked if they wanted to view my new website, and thought I would enter a dummy order on a show I had set up previously. Set up a dummy customer (My daughter)--what an incredibly cumbersome ordeal that was--and when i clicked to add her, it took her to the screen that asked her if she would like to find a consultant in her area. Well, heck yes she would, how about ME SINCE SHE IS IN MY WEBSITE??? WTH???

So, I emailed HO and this is my take--they need to let us take orders or our old sights till they get all this crap worked out. I have 10 shows in May. I have to be able to take orders online with all this nonsense till they get this worked out. That particular message, taking a customer from MY website, to the screen that asks if they want to find a consultant in their area, is unacceptable. C'mon, Home Office, this is mother's day, Help Whip Cancer month, and the last month for Excellence award. WTH are you thinking????

Totally agree Nancy! I think the "new CC" is just a bow on the old system. It is more cumbersomke to move around.. more clicks to get to the same place. To get to Cons Connection it is 3 clicks.. used to be 1! I can't see my entire Shipment Status page, half of it is cut off.

They don't have the link to the new Consultant Connection up yet. They did warn us that some things would link to the old until they got it all up.

I agree TOTALLY that we should be able to put shows up on the old site until they get the new fully working! At least we can still use P3 to enter orders for now - I just HOPE that when the show is ready there won't be an error and that it will submit!

We do need to try to put things in the new system so we can tell them where the errors are but we still have the same deadlines and the same 24 hours in a day so they need to give us the old options while they fix things.

pcjenni said:
Totally agree Nancy! I think the "new CC" is just a bow on the old system. It is more cumbersomke to move around.. more clicks to get to the same place. To get to Cons Connection it is 3 clicks.. used to be 1! I can't see my entire Shipment Status page, half of it is cut off.

You know you can still use the old CC, right? I have the new one up to experiment and use a little, like to set up a show, and the old one when I want to get something done faster -- just b/c I know where things are.

Sandi

sandilou2 said:
You know you can still use the old CC, right? I have the new one up to experiment and use a little, like to set up a show, and the old one when I want to get something done faster -- just b/c I know where things are.

Sandi

Yes. I do the same but we can not set up any shows once we signed into the new site. We can however still set up shows in P3.

bethcooks4u said:
Yes. I do the same but we can not set up any shows once we signed into the new site. We can however still set up shows in P3.

OMG I had no idea this was going to happen. I'm soooooo frustrated!!!!! I promised a NEW May bridal shower I'd get her set up on my site and I can't. CRY!!! On hold with HO. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

How am I going to explain how to use my new site when I can't even figure it out. So do not need this stress when trying to seal the deal on my exc. award.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::

And I set up a new show on the new site, and it doesn't show up. I have had 3 shows tank this month and its TPC month and I need to be able to do a FB plea and can't set a show up. PLUS, my biggest show for the month is a fundraiser, she already has $800+ in outside orders, and when you go through the portal on my old website for her show it takes you to the new website, and then when you search for her name to place an order it cannot find it....aaargh!!!

Trying to be patient, but this is my BUSINESS...I can't, nor can my customers, place orders. Yet someone did because I got two online orders on Friday......no idea who they are.....

I've been on hold for 48 minutes so far...It's their nickel so I am not upset, but wow. Even my dh, who works for a large corporation that has done this type of changeover has been scratching his head...all he can say is "wow....".

flemings99 said:
OMG I had no idea this was going to happen. I'm soooooo frustrated!!!!! I promised a NEW May bridal shower I'd get her set up on my site and I can't. CRY!!! On hold with HO. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

How am I going to explain how to use my new site when I can't even figure it out. So do not need this stress when trying to seal the deal on my exc. award.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::

Why not? I was able to set up a catalog party and a fundraiser. Do you hit the CREATE SHOW button after you put the info in? You have to do that step or it won't show up.

Sandi

I think it was a mistake to roll this out in May. Too much is riding on this month. They should have waited until June. I've got WAY more catalog/online shows than usual this month. This is usually a HUGE month for me. I can't use the new stuff until the 2nd phase of the roll out, but I can already see what problems I'm going to have. Uggg. This isn't helping with my attitude problem. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

sandilou2 said:
Why not? I was able to set up a catalog party and a fundraiser. Do you hit the CREATE SHOW button after you put the info in? You have to do that step or it won't show up.

Sandi

I was able to set a show up on my new website, but wasn't able to "get to it" to place an order. I've just got too much on my plate this month to keep trying to figure out the new "easier" way. I decided to focus on what I know until my schedule allows me time to learn the new way. Just frustrated that I don't have that option. Oh, and frustrated about a million other things... Like they changed Fall Launch locations and didn't bother to notify anyone!!!! HELLO don't announce a date/location multiple xs and cxl it without telling anyone. So not a happy camper today!!!

It's frustrating. I know they know it's frustrating. But that doesn't change the fact. May??? TPC month, Mother's Day and HWC? May????

I am trying to do a supply order from P3 but can not get it to update. Have AD's been cut off already from P3? I wanted to order the new NJ28 workbook but it keeps telling me that it is not available.:grumpy:

I can order it on P3. Did you run an update? Mine just updated last night.

I keep trying to run an update and nothing comes through. Thanks for letting me know!

Sorry to bring this up again, but I did the search again...it is after the 10th of the month. An address that is less than a mile from my home.

The first top 5

#1 and #4 are in my downline and did not sell $1250 last month. My name was not there.

I hit search again...one other person came up but the two just referenced came up again. My name still did not come up.

When I hit the search button a 3rd time it told me that too many searches had been requested.

Sorry, but this is really beyond frustrating.

baychef said:
Sorry to bring this up again, but I did the search again...it is after the 10th of the month. An address that is less than a mile from my home.

The first top 5

#1 and #4 are in my downline and did not sell $1250 last month. My name was not there.

I hit search again...one other person came up but the two just referenced came up again. My name still did not come up.

When I hit the search button a 3rd time it told me that too many searches had been requested.

Sorry, but this is really beyond frustrating.

Hahaha (in a sarcastic sort of way) they probably did that because so many people were emailing and calling saying that they'd searched 10 times in a row trying to find their own website. :devil:

My exact thoughts, Becky!!! I am sure that was their "fix". It is getting hard for me not to be "snarky". I had a team meeting last night but did not share any of this. I remain positive and know all of the good that PC has done for me and others. Thank you all being a great sounding board.

1. Can I receive Home Office Leads even if I didn't attend the call?

Yes, as long as you have met the required sales amount of $1250 in the previous month, you can still receive Home Office Leads. Attending the call is not a prerequisite for receiving these leads.

2. Do only Consultants who do $1250 in sales receive Home Office Leads?

Yes, only Consultants who have met the monthly sales requirement of $1250 are eligible to receive Home Office Leads. This ensures that the leads are distributed to active and successful Consultants.

3. Do Home Office Leads also go to regular Consultants who have a Personal Website (PWS)?

Yes, as long as a regular Consultant has met the sales requirement of $1250 in the previous month and has a PWS, they are eligible to receive Home Office Leads. This includes Consultants who may not have attended the call.

4. Can I still receive Home Office Leads if I am not actively recruiting?

Yes, as long as you have met the sales requirement of $1250 in the previous month, you will still receive Home Office Leads. These leads can still be beneficial for building relationships and expanding your customer base, even if you are not actively recruiting.

5. Are there any other requirements to receive Home Office Leads?

In addition to meeting the $1250 sales requirement and having a PWS, there are no other requirements to receive Home Office Leads. However, it is important to follow up promptly and professionally with these leads to make the most out of the opportunity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessinthekitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Careyann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • mrssyvo