• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another "What Would You Do" Situation

In summary, Jill booked a show for January 17th with 10 guests. She emailed the list to the speaker, and apologized because she only had 10 people, but promised to bring catalogs to work. A HO lead contacted the speaker asking for a show for the same date and time, and the speaker told the HO lead that she would prefer to do the HO lead's show.
chefkathy
I have a show booked on January 17 for a woman named Jill. I talked to her about her guest list, needing to invite 40 etc. She emailed it to me today and I got 10 names from her. She apologized saying that's all she had, but she'll bring catalogs to work.While I was waiting to confirm her show, I also got a HO lead who wants a show on that very date. All her friends are already planning on that date so they will find someone else if I can't do it. It sounds like it's going to be fun, a lot of good energy, etc.I would rather do the HO lead show. How do I tactfully get Jill to either change to a brunch show that morning or change to a catalog show?Any ideas?

Tell her that you had something unexpected come up and you really NEED to change her time. Since she only invited 10 people, I bet she'd be easy to sway.

I agree with Linda... something did come up... another show. But Jill doesn't need to know that.

Because Murphy always comes around when you least expect it, I'd be up front with her that you have another show. Can you simply tell her that you had your wires crossed and that it simply isn't possible for you to change the date for the other show? You can always offer her a bonus, say an extra $20 in free product if she has 15 or more orders on her show (which she should be able to do between orders from work and guests bringing one or two friends with them).

Oh Kristin! You just had to bring the honesty thing up - didn't you?!?! LOL

Okay, so tell her that you double-book in error (semi-lie) and ask her if she would please help you out by chaging the start time of her show.....give her something for her throubles.

I'm just a terrible liar....even when I mean well, I always seem to get bit. I might as well put Murphy on a retainer!

I agree with Kris, My luck the host would be her sister-in-law!!
Bring the ingredients or something. Make it sound like a good thing for the day slot. "Now, your show will be done early and you can relax with your family all night" :)
Good luck

I've had this happen before. Just be honest with her that you accidently double booked for that date and see if she can change it--offer to bring the ingredients for ONE recipe and thank her profusely. And the night of the show I would thank the guests too.

I just looked at the date. Isn't the 17th a Saturday? Can't you do two shows that day? One in the morning for brunch and one for later in the afternoon? I do that all the time.

UPDATE: HO lead lady never called back after 2 messages, so I'm going forward with my 10 person party. We'll see how it goes....

Update--HO lady finally called me back. She was having phone troubles. She is scheduled for Feb 21st!

Win/Win!!

Darn character limit! :D

WOO HOO! I just love happy endings!

I have a similar situation going on for January 31st...mine is not resolved yet, however!! Right now I have the first person "penciled in" with no specific time. The person that e-mailed me yesterday was referred to me by a past host who told her I was great (WOW...I need to get that in writing for those that think otherwise!!).

Right now, I did tell the referal that I am going to set up "as if" She did get first dibs on either 11 am or 5 pm in case there is a double book. I did call the penciled in host to give her first choice but there was no answer or message phone.

I did tell the referral host that if the penciled in host goes to another day, she can then change the time to her preference on that day.

Bottom line...isn't it great to be in demand! For our product and what we have to offer as consultants!:party:

And.....FYI...I have a newly signed consultant that was fed up with Home Interiors. Things got rough through the transition. She has been very excited by PC but in corresponding with her about a gentle message on keeping her feelers out for recruits...she told me that HI's HO has made staying with them sound sweet so she is still going to do HI too along with PC.

My goal is to keep her mind on PC, but not too push too hard. She has only done one show and is excited about it but sounds like HI is getting their "stuff" together now that H&G has bought them out.:mad:

1. What is the "What Would You Do" situation?

The "What Would You Do" situation is a scenario that is presented during Pampered Chef parties where the guests are asked to share their ideas and tips for handling a common cooking or kitchen challenge. It is a fun and interactive way for everyone to learn new techniques and solutions.

2. How does the "What Would You Do" situation work?

The Pampered Chef consultant will present a specific kitchen or cooking challenge, such as how to chop onions without crying or how to prevent pasta from sticking together. Guests will then take turns sharing their tips and solutions, while the consultant may also offer their own suggestions. It is a collaborative and educational activity.

3. Do I have to participate in the "What Would You Do" situation?

Participation in the "What Would You Do" situation is completely optional. If you feel uncomfortable sharing your tips and ideas, you are welcome to simply listen and learn from others. However, we encourage everyone to participate for a more engaging and fun experience.

4. Can I suggest a "What Would You Do" situation?

Absolutely! We love to hear suggestions from our guests for future "What Would You Do" situations. If you have a kitchen or cooking challenge that you would like to see addressed, please share it with your Pampered Chef consultant or host.

5. Are there any prizes or rewards for participating in the "What Would You Do" situation?

While there are no official prizes or rewards for participating in the "What Would You Do" situation, it is a great opportunity to share and learn from others. Plus, you may just discover a new tip or technique that will make your time in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • jbondr
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • finley1991