• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)

In summary, a consultant shares that she has been working with a recruit since November and the recruit is ready to sign for a promotion. However, the recruit reveals that a friend who is also a consultant has asked her to sign up under her. The consultant is hurt and unsure how to respond. Other consultants offer advice to wait before responding and remind the recruit of the time and energy put into her. The consultant also considers mentioning that if the other consultant quits again, the recruit can still join her team.
I just got home from a show today and got this email which almost brought tears to my eyes (it may be the pregnancy hormones:D) A little backround, I have been working with this recruit since NOV and she is ready to sign this month for the promo. In fact we were supposed to meet to sign on March 29th in the afternoon.

"Would you be really upset if I signed up under someone else? I would love to sign up under you as I think you are wonderful. I spoke to a friend of mine about it as she used to sell pampered chef...or so I thought she used to...she is selling again and wants me to sign under her..... I think you are really good at what you do and feel I could learn a lot from you....but she is a friend of mine and right here close by. So...learn more, go with a long time friend..... :("

What would you say? The other consultant shouldn't have even asked her to sign under her when she knew she was working with someone else. I won't tell her she has to sign with me, but she is right I have a great team and offer great training if they want it, and if the other consultant is on again off again...... I am just hurt that another consultant would take my recruit when I have put alot of time into it! Also I just realized that she was at a show last week that her aunt did and the aunt is interested so I offered if she signs now and the aunt signs later I would sign the aunt under her and promote her to senior consultant. So I could loose 2 out of this:mad::mad:

Any advice? I am kind of upset and don't want to respond yet. Thank you!!

WOW!!! Well first, I wouldn't respond tonight. :grumpy::grumpy:

Second, I would kindly let her know as I understand where she's coming from with her friend and understand if she does sign with her But, let her know that you have put a lot of time and energy into her since NOVEMBER. Also, remind her how you're going to immediately make her a senior consultant so she starts making money right away with you.

I'm sorry this has happened to you but please don't respond tonight!

You might also want to ask if the other consultant knows that you have been working with her since November.

Ouch I feel your pain. This happen to me this past year. Except rather than saying something she signed with the other gal and then said something to me. It was hard to swallow. The after that I heard from a friend that the girl said she wishes she had signed with me cause her director isn't supportive. GRRR

I think you need to sit on it tonight before emailing her back.

Thanks you guys. I won't respond tonight. I will probably wait until monday, when my director gets back from out of town. She usually helps me with wording for these things. It is my understanding that she called this other consultant to tell her she was signing, since the other consultant Used to sell, and then the other consultant said oh did you know I am selling again.

I was thinking about saying something along the lines of, I have really enjoyed working with you for the last few months and am looking forward to having you on my team. I think you are going to be a great consultant. You need to do what is best for you and your business. I know we have talked alot about what you want out of Pampered Chef and whatever way you think you can achieve that is best for you.....

Would you say something about if the other consultant quits again that she will then roll up to her director? Or is this too much information. What do you think, I don't want to make her feel guilty if she goes the other way, but I tend to be a push over and I would like her to know that I would still like to have her on my team if she decides to sign with me.
Any suggestions appreciated. And I probably wont send anything until Monday.

Another advantage of waiting would be to make her sweat it out a bit!!:devil:

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I am not sure what I would say and I hope your director has some great wording. Please share with us what she suggests.

Sometimes things happen for a reason but we do not know why at the time. Hopefully your next new recruit is right around the corner. Hang in there!

OH, wow, I"m so sorry this is happening to you. :cry: That's terrible.

I think your wording is good. I don't think there's anything wrong with explaining what happens if her recruit "goes inactive" (although under the new plan, she doesn't lose her recruit unless she's not active for 6 months - as far as I understand it). You could say you're helping her consider all the future possibilities. And she should consider how stable someone's business is -maybe?? I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's too much information for her to think about the future with her recruiter/friend. You're just helping her see some future scenarios.

Hope that makes sense! My thoughts aren't making much sense tonight.:indifferent0016:

Whatever you do, DO NOT email this woman. CALL HER!!!!

I think it would be okay to let her know this is an awkward situation. You can tell her up front that you fully support her doing whatever she feels is best, but until she signs one way or the other, you fell obligated to ensure she fully understands the situation.

The biggest shock to most consultants is the realization that they can NEVER change their upline (short of going inactive and resigning). She needs to know that up front.

If it were me I think I would tell her that if her friend is excited to share with her what she knows about being successful, then that is wonderful. If her friend's focus is re- starting her own business with a recruit, then your recruit should factor that into deciding what to do. You can explain this in such a way that it doesn't sound self-serving...wouldn't you have wanted to understand this stuff when you were signing?

My director has always said being honest is the best policy, and I agree with that.

legacypc46 said:
I think it would be okay to let her know this is an awkward situation. You can tell her up front that you fully support her doing whatever she feels is best, but until she signs one way or the other, you fell obligated to ensure she fully understands the situation.

The biggest shock to most consultants is the realization that they can NEVER change their upline (short of going inactive and resigning). She needs to know that up front.

If it were me I think I would tell her that if her friend is excited to share with her what she knows about being successful, then that is wonderful. If her friend's focus is re- starting her own business with a recruit, then your recruit should factor that into deciding what to do. You can explain this in such a way that it doesn't sound self-serving...wouldn't you have wanted to understand this stuff when you were signing?

My director has always said being honest is the best policy, and I agree with that.
I totally agree with Kris. I would start by asking her where she's at when she calls. Don't assume. Then if she says that she thinks she'll sign with her friend tell her that you have enjoyed working with her since November, would have loved to have her on your team "you would have added so much to our group", and are disappointed but it's ultimately her decision and she has to do what she feels most comfortable with. Then tell her the rules about not being able to change later if she decides that she would rather have been with you after all.

I would tell her to ask her friend specific questions to try to get a feel of how she does her business and how she would support a new consultant and I'd also suggest she "meet" the director if possible - that way she's completely informed.

I had a customer sign with someone else last fall. She did it on a whim and almost immediately thought "why didn't I do this with Beth". Too bad so sad she couldn't switch. The other recruited left her hanging with no support at all. She is now inactive and is saying when she is allowed she will sign under me. I haven't seen it in writing but I heard that anyone who is inactive on April 1 is not free to re-sign with someone else until October but that still cuts her wait. Hopefully she'll still WANT to then.

Very Good advice from anyone. I would also ask her to "test ride" each group. Have her come to a Team meeting of yours and see what she will get, then also attend one of her friends to do the same. While our upline does not determine our success, we do. A fabulous and supportive upline helps.
I second Debbie....call her or meet her for coffee. This is not a conversation you want to have via email (where unscrupulous people can forward it around).
Good luck!

I agree with Kris, Beth and Cheryl. They said what I was feeling, but couldn't put into words! It is a delicate and awkward situation and they all said what thought!

Thanks, I will call her on Monday and say pretty much what you guys suggested. I was thinking something along those lines, just having trouble putting it into words, like I said I was upset. I am feeling better about it today and I am sure by tomorrow I will be able to say exactly what I wanted to say.
Thanks again

legacypc46 said:

oh, how true it is to learn the hardway that once you're in, you're in. And that even if you sign under someone that you adore, but they leave, then you will go to someone who may be bit callous, that "she's not my direct recruit, she's just in my line".

I feel your pain, I've been in the same situation. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1. What is "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)"?

"What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features over 100 recipes for easy and delicious meals. It also includes tips and tricks for meal planning and time-saving techniques in the kitchen.

2. Are the recipes in "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" are designed to be easy to follow and can be made by anyone, regardless of cooking experience. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and the required ingredients are easily accessible.

3. What types of recipes can be found in "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)"?

"What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" offers a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. You can find recipes for classic dishes, as well as new and innovative recipes that are perfect for any occasion.

4. Is "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" suitable for vegetarians or people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" includes a wide range of recipes that cater to different dietary needs. There are options for vegetarians, as well as recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free.

5. Can I purchase "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" online?

Yes, "What Would You Do? (Ready to Cry)" can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or from a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for purchase at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • cincychef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • PCJenni