• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Some People Have to Blame Us??? Vent

In summary, Jenni is working with a new consultant who has signed up in November. Jenni scheduled the consultant's grand opening for this coming Saturday, but the consultant recently sent Jenni an email saying that she is unsupportive and no one is coming to the open house. Jenni's coach has taught her the GROW model, which helps put the responsibility on the blamers and it has worked well for her and her team. Jenni recently dealt with the consultant's lack of sales.
I have a new consultant who signed in November. We scheduled her grand opening for this coming Saturday. I do my new consultant's first shows with/for them to get them the booking and recruit leads.

A little background about this person. She hosted a show 15 months ago and has been coming (off and on) my my weekly meetings for most of that time. She is somehow thought that she would be able to learn everything about the biz before she signed up. So that she "could be super success". Well, something changed for her financially suddenly and she signed up.

Now I received an email from her yesterday (after I have called and repeatedly emailed for her for 2 weeks) saying I am unsupportive and no one is coming to her open house. That I should know not to leave a messgae with her husband because he never gives them to her. How she sent out an evite at 1 am because that is the only time she has because her 2 year old is so high demand. Basically blaming me for anything and everything she could think of. How do you not jsut take their heads off??:grumpy:

I am giving of my time, away from my family, to help her start her business, basically without pay for myself... and I am unsupportive???? Good luck with that sister!

I hate that kind of thing. It really makes my blood boil!! Just know in your heart that you did all you could. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink!!!

Jenni, glad you are not biting into this. So much easier to blame everyone else than to take personal responsibility. I know Colleen deals with this too. When I hear someone tell me they have tried everything, I suggest that they take all of the training that they can off Consultant's Corner. But to no avail. Luckily those that attend the meetings get something out of it. There is a TON of training out there and then I reinforce to follow through on what the training suggests.

Hang in there. Small comfort, but you know in your heart you do what you can no matter what she thinks. Like the old saying goes...when you have one finger pointed at someone, keep in mind you have 4 others pointing back at yourself!

Jenni,I've been working with a coach for the last year and she's taught me a great way to deal with the *blamers*! She calls it the GROW model... it helps put the responsibility on them and it's really worked well for me and my team.It breaks down like this:
G - Goal - what is the goal?
R - Reality - what is the current reality?
O - Obstacles - what are they?
W - What are THEY going to do?So with my consultant who does less than $200 a month and is PI$$ED she's not earning Disney (ummm... whatevs!) we broke it down like this:G - What is the goal? To earn Disney Level 2
R - What is the reality? She has 11,650 and needs 40k points
O - What are the obstacles? Time to earn it and enough bookings and qualified recruits
W - What is she going to do? Realize that there isn't enough time to earn this year's trip and to plan monthly what she needs to do to stay on track for the trip for next year.That was for the trip... last week we dealt with her lack of sales ... the less than $200 each month.
G - The goal is 8 shows a month
R - Reality is she does 1-2 a month
O - Obstacles - getting the shows. She won't call... only relies on texting, e-mails and messages on FB.
W - What is she willing to do to make the 8 shows a month happen? Start asking in person or on the phone.Both ends results make HER responsible. Hope that makes sense and helps a little! :)

Thanks for sharing this Colleen!! I'm sure it will come in handy in the future!

Happy to help! :D

Love this too, Colleen! I have a team meeting to go to in a half hour so I am hoping to inspire!!! Thank you for boosting my spirits going into the meeting!

Colleen--amazing. I just came up with my end of year goals setting talk. Thanks!

1. Why do some people always feel the need to blame us for things?

People who constantly blame others may have a tendency to avoid taking responsibility for their actions. They may also have a fear of failure or rejection, and blaming others helps them maintain a sense of control.

2. How do I handle customers who are always blaming us for issues?

It's important to remain calm and listen to the customer's concerns. Take responsibility for any mistakes that were made and try to find a solution that satisfies the customer. If necessary, involve a manager or higher-up to help resolve the issue.

3. Is there a way to prevent people from blaming us?

Unfortunately, there will always be people who are quick to blame others. However, you can try to prevent misunderstandings by clearly communicating with customers and addressing any potential issues before they arise.

4. How can I avoid taking the blame for things that are not my fault?

In situations where you are being unfairly blamed, it's important to remain professional and avoid getting defensive. Explain your perspective calmly and try to find a resolution. If necessary, involve a manager or higher-up to help handle the situation.

5. Is there a way to turn a blaming customer into a satisfied one?

In most cases, yes. By actively listening to their concerns and taking responsibility for any mistakes, you can often turn a blaming customer into a satisfied one. Offer a sincere apology and work towards finding a solution that meets their needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
icerneaccorie
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • finley1991