• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Bounced Check Vent! Long!

In summary, the host never paid the performer for their show. The performer tried to collect the money themselves, but was unsuccessful. The performer was happy when the host sent them a money order and a letter apologizing for the mistake.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I am so glad to have this area of the website now. This is the kind of thing that I wouldn't want posted where others could read it. Just in case. And of course she is thinking about selling someday.

Ok so I had a show for a HO lead back in June. Great show, $1600ish. She told me that she was mailing the last $300 to me, so I (Duh) went ahead and closed the show. Never got anything in the mail. When I ask her, she acts all surprised, and said that she would just pay be when she saw me at the next party.
So she gave me a couple of checks from guest, some cash and a personal check for $135. Her check bounced. Mind you this is the begining of August now. I call her every couple of weeks and she is telling me that I will be getting my money soon. So last week I finially got her credit card number. But of course the card is declined!:mad: I figured it would be. I left a message for her that said that her card was declined and I couldn't wait any longer for payment. And asked her to call me with payment arrangements.
She emailed me back saying that she would be FedExing me a money order, and that I should never have left a message like that for her or anyone, especially a past host that had had a good show with me. And she couldn't believe I didn't run the card when she gave it to me. (I explained that I had to put it on a show.) Duh Lady, You owe me money from a show 5 months ago!:eek:
This was on Monday. I just about kissed the FedEx man when he showed up on Wednesday. I called to thank her, she never once has told me sorry for not paying me or even asked if I had any extra bank fees on her check... GRRR!

If you've made it this far you know it turned out ok. She even sent me a candy bar with the money order. Kinda wierd, but Dh was happy. And she is still sweet as pie on the phone.

Have you ever had to take someone to collections? This is the first time I have even gotten close.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I have been lucky. I have probalby had 6 checks bounce and all but one paid immediately and didn't even blink at paying the $5 fee my bank charges me. The one that didn't make the check good had had the product shipped to me and just never responded to anything. At least I had the product. Problem was I paid full price and then sold it for 40% off so I lost some on it anyway...

I think I had a bounced check last year and she paid me right away with the $10 fee. i think the bounced check fees are so high now- they've become pretty rare.
It kind of sounds to me like she has a warped sense of responsibility. that maybe she figures since she had such a big show for you that she can pay you when it it suits her. Hard to tell from your story whether she was acturay trying to rip you off or not or just got caught short of $$.
I never send in a show before i have the $$ unless it is a very good friend or a host that has had many shows with me and the balance isn't very much.
Glad to hear you finally got your money!

I had a bounced check from an outside order a few years ago... around $30. Sent her the registered letter with the check bouncing brochure from my state's website and the letter demanding immediate payment. Nothing happens. I could have gone to small claims court but decided it wouldn't be worth the $30 to make my point. Obviously she has bigger problems than a $30 check. If it had been bigger though, I would have pursued it.

Several years ago I had a host not pay me for her show(over $300) for over 3 months. I called and each time I would get some lame excuse. She even admitted that she used the money for her vacation! When I sent the collection letter to her, she sent me a money order and a letter acting VERy put out by MY actions and that she would never deal with me again! I was actually happy about that! Some people!

chefmeg said:
Several years ago I had a host not pay me for her show(over $300) for over 3 months. I called and each time I would get some lame excuse. She even admitted that she used the money for her vacation! When I sent the collection letter to her, she sent me a money order and a letter acting VERy put out by MY actions and that she would never deal with me again! I was actually happy about that! Some people!

That is the part that got me too. She turned the entire thing around like it was my fault. Whatever!

I really do think she is a few bricks short

Thanks for letting me vent!

I've had problems twice.

The first time was on my first show; her card was repeatedly declined. She avoided my calls, so I ended up paying for it and having the order shipped to me. She was terribly 'bent' that PC and I were "making mistakes with her c/c" and "cancelled" her order. Turns out she had done the same thing with another consultant, ordered products without a sufficient balance to cover it. It was a painful, but beneficial, lesson to learn up front.

Another customer with a history of compulsive purchasing and poor money mgmt recently placed a $500 order on a show. I advised the host that I was submitting this order as a separate show with her still as the host. Sure enough, the c/c was declined. It was several days of promises and failed follow-thru before I just cancelled this "show" with HO. At least the other customers didn't have to wait for their items. (This customer was subsequently arrested a month later due a rather large amount of bounced checks to one organization.)

Fortunately, these occurences are rare...most PC customers are great! (Weren't we all PC customers before becoming consultants?)

Wow! makes me feel a little better about my lady.

I have a similar experience. A show from a HO lead, sweet girl, didn't have a huge show..wants to sign..yada yada..her show was back in August..she was moving so her products were shipped to me. They are STILL in my living room. She isn't responding to any of my phone calls. I have no address bc she moved but I am pretty sure she is still in the area. She does still owe me $$ for her order which I knew I shouldn't have placed it but trusted her...I know, learned the hard way...
Anyhow...I am still trying to get in touch with her and 2 of the orders are for people who placed outside orders and I have nothing but a name for them, another lesson learned....
any suggestions??

Krissy, return it all!

1. What is a bounced check?

A bounced check is a check that has been returned by the bank due to insufficient funds in the account. This means that the recipient of the check will not receive the money and the person who wrote the check may incur fees and penalties.

2. How do I know if I have a bounced check?

You will typically receive a notice from your bank or the recipient of the check informing you that the check has bounced. You can also check your bank account balance or contact your bank for information about the status of your check.

3. What should I do if I have a bounced check?

If you have a bounced check, you should contact the recipient of the check and apologize for the inconvenience. You may also need to make arrangements to pay the amount owed, as well as any fees or penalties that may have been incurred.

4. How can I prevent bounced checks?

To prevent bounced checks, it is important to keep track of your bank account balance and make sure you have enough funds before writing a check. You can also set up alerts or use online banking to monitor your account and avoid overdrafts.

5. What is the Pampered Chef Bounced Check Vent! Long! program?

The Pampered Chef Bounced Check Vent! Long! program is a service offered to our consultants to help them deal with bounced checks from customers. This program provides resources and support to help you handle the situation in a professional and efficient manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
finley1991