• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Experienced an Increase in Declined Cards and Bounced Checks Lately?

In summary, there seems to be an increase in declined credit cards and bounced checks. It is not clear if it is related to the economy, but it is happening to more people.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Am I the only one seeing an increase in declined credit cards/bounced checks lately? (Ok - I only had ONE bounced check lately - but I have had a LOT of declined cards)
Is it the economy?
Is it happening to you guys also?
Is it just me?
Is this just me pissing and moaning some more about my bounced check & declined card customer?:grumpy:

I haven't noticed that but I do have more people saying they have to wait for payday and hosts planning their shows according to paydays.

Knock on wood times three!

I have not had many problems lately. Okay, that might have to do with my horrible show schedule.

The only time I've had a declined CC was b/c I entered the exp date wrong. I had a returned check b/c she wrote it on a closed acct (it was a friend so I know it was an accident).

I have seen a decline in the order amt though and my show average is a little lower these days. Plus, my bookings are way down.

I have also had more guests ask me to hold their checks til payday. I don't mind as long as it's deposited by the time I send the show in.

I have had a little decrease in sales, and some host who want to cancel because "no one can afford it", but after explaining to them that I will show them how to make better use of their time and money in the kitchen and that it's not fair to judge what their friends may need in their lives (products or an income), they feel better about holding the show.

Plus, I remind them of what fun I am, and that if I don't get out to interact with other women that I may have to start talking to my husband again (JUST KIDDING!!!!).

I haven't had declined cards. But I have had 4 bounced checks since April. In my 8 years of doing this I had only had maybe 4 in the 8 years up until the recent ones in April.
I do find too that it is all about payday. I had a show last night and it was a decent show ($750) and she said instead of closing Monday can we wait until Thursday for payday. :mad:It is only her order left to pay for. I so needed the sales for the sell a thon. I'm so close to reaching 6000.:cool:

Melissa, you can submit the show and have it sent to you. Deliver it when she pays you....DON'T miss the sell a thon when you have worked so hard!!!

Congrats, too!

I think I would have to be selling to have payment problems. Actually one of my gals has had several CC declines lately.
I was really surprised, at my last show the lowest order was $45... two people spent almost $200. Guess they're not being affected.

jwpamp said:
I have had a little decrease in sales, and some host who want to cancel because "no one can afford it", but after explaining to them that I will show them how to make better use of their time and money in the kitchen and that it's not fair to judge what their friends may need in their lives (products or an income), they feel better about holding the show.

Plus, I remind them of what fun I am, and that if I don't get out to interact with other women that I may have to start talking to my husband again (JUST KIDDING!!!!).

Love your word choice Janice....all of it!

I am seeing smaller orders and have also had three bounced checks in the last month or so. Very aggravating. That's why I prefer debit cards--it's easier to blame it on me (wrote down wrong #, etc) but the bounced check is very clearly the fault of the check writer and then I have to ask them for $10 to cover my fee, too. I am pushing more and more for debit or credit only.

legacypc46 said:
Love your word choice Janice....all of it!

Me too! *thumbs up!*

DebbieJ said:
I am pushing more and more for debit or credit only.

Me too! :grumpy:

pampmomof3 said:
Me too! :grumpy:

I do too. I always stress that I accept and actually prefer them - saves me the trip to the bank... More and more people use cards but then there are still those who want to write the check - I have 2 from last night I need to get into the bank.

bethcooks4u said:
I do too. I always stress that I accept and actually prefer them - saves me the trip to the bank... More and more people use cards but then there are still those who want to write the check - I have 2 from last night I need to get into the bank.

That's the worst! When you have to go across town for 2 checks! UGH!!!

pampmomof3 said:
That's the worst! When you have to go across town for 2 checks! UGH!!!

I KNOW! And my bank does not have a branch that I can make a deposit at less than 20 minutes from here (around here that's a long distance). Get money out yes, deposit no. :grumpy:

bethcooks4u said:
I KNOW! And my bank does not have a branch that I can make a deposit at less than 20 minutes from here (around here that's a long distance). Get money out yes, deposit no. :grumpy:

Oy - that's a hike!!
Thankfully, my bank is 5 miles round trip from my house.

Okay, I just noticed I was at 999 posts so I had to post just one more to see if anything happens at 1000! :party:

bethcooks4u said:
Okay, I just noticed I was at 999 posts so I had to post just one more to see if anything happens at 1000! :party:

Rats! Nothing.:cry:

dannyzmom said:
Oy - that's a hike!!
Thankfully, my bank is 5 miles round trip from my house.

Yeah. There's not even one in my town. Every other bank is here but mine.

bethcooks4u said:
Rats! Nothing.:cry:

Bummer!!

I really need to change to a local bank but I've been a member for over 10 years now!

I just don' want to go through the change of changin everyhting!!

pampmomof3 said:
Bummer!!

I really need to change to a local bank but I've been a member for over 10 years now!

I just don' want to go through the change of changin everyhting!!

Exactly my thought. It's so easy just to keep doing what you've been doing - and besides our accounts are totally free - no minimums, no fees, no nothing except no convenience for deposit (the rest I can do on line lol).

If anyone belongs to USAA (military affiliated), the 'deposit at home' feature is great. I love sitting in my jammies, drinking coffee, and scanning in the checks from the previous night's show.

legacypc46 said:
If anyone belongs to USAA (military affiliated), the 'deposit at home' feature is great. I love sitting in my jammies, drinking coffee, and scanning in the checks from the previous night's show.

I know! I am so jealous! I want that too. :cry:

legacypc46 said:

What? I've NEVER heard of that! I want that feature!!

Sorry, not trying to make anyone jealous! :angel:

legacypc46 said:
Sorry, not trying to make anyone jealous! :angel:

Yeah right Kris! You're rubbing our noses in it! J/k!! I AM JEALOUS of that feature!!:cry:

Kris,
Do you need a special machine to do that or do you use your own scanner or what?
I have all my insurance(s) with USAA and will seriously consider banking with them if it's supereasy...and what about cash??

Beth, can you deposit by mail?

DebbieJ said:
Beth, can you deposit by mail?

Probably but then what if one of the checks were bad - that would add at least another day before knowing it cleared. If our bank was much further away I would just change banks - fees or no. For now I just make sure it's part of my round trip errand routine.

dannyzmom said:
Kris,
Do you need a special machine to do that or do you use your own scanner or what?
I have all my insurance(s) with USAA and will seriously consider banking with them if it's supereasy...and what about cash??

I just use a scanner. Go to their website and view their banking services. There should be a link for info about "Deposit At Home."

I like it because it's avaialble 24/7. The first time I used it, I had to be walked thru by their tech support. Now that I use it routinely and realize how easy it is...well, they must have been rolling their eyes:rolleyes:.

I've banked with them for over 20 years...can't imagine going back to a brick and mortor bank. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Related to Have You Experienced an Increase in Declined Cards and Bounced Checks Lately?

1. Am I the only one seeing an increase in declined credit cards/bounced checks lately?

No, you are not the only one. Many people have reported an increase in declined credit cards and bounced checks in recent years.

2. Is it the economy?

The economy can certainly be a factor in the increase of declined cards and bounced checks. When the economy is struggling, people may have less money to spend and may be more likely to overspend, resulting in declined payments.

3. Is it happening to you guys also?

As scientists, we cannot speak for everyone, but it is safe to say that many people, including ourselves, have experienced an increase in declined cards and bounced checks.

4. Is it just me?

No, it is not just you. The increase in declined cards and bounced checks is a widespread issue that has been noticed by many individuals and businesses.

5. Is this just me pissing and moaning some more about my bounced check & declined card customer?:grumpy:

We understand your frustration, but it is important to address this issue in a calm and professional manner. The increase in declined payments is a problem that affects many people and it is important to find solutions instead of just complaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies