• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Declined Debit Card? Host Says $ Is in There

In summary, the host's debit card was declined and the host asked for the show to be sent to finance to manually run. The show was released for picking after the host paid for it with cash.
chefsteph07
I just submitted an $800 show this morning, it is on hold from the host debit card, I had PC run the card again this afternoon before calling the host. Host checked her acct balance and says it's in there and wants me to have them run it again, does PC sometimes have trouble w/ debit card payments? She's kind of irritated, as am I, because she was shocked that the card was declined. I"m irritated that I have had to spend all day trying to reach HO AND the fact that I have not gotten notification directly from PC yet, I checked the shipment status after I submitted it and it said "HOLD" on the show, no word from PC, and when I went into CC to check the declined card resolution thing, there's nothing listed...

Just wondered if you all have ever had problems submitting debit/bank cards rather than credit cards?

People often have trouble running debit cards. I'm really surprised PC doesn't just manually run them before putting the show on hold - but they don't.

You do have to talk to someone at HO and get them to run it manually.

Sorry, Steph - I know it's a pain!:grumpy:

Yes, definitely call HO and have them run it manually. It usually works if the guest is sure $ is in the account....past experience.

I had HO run the card through again while I was on with them and it's still declined...Host tells me she called her bank and it's in there...I don't know what to do...

HO told me one day that many people don't realize there is a daily limit of how much they can spend on their debit cards. This may be it.

Do you know if they can run it as credit or does it just run the numbers? The host lives 30 min from me and I would hate to have to run out there for a check! Esp since there's a snowstorm coming tonight...LOL

I believe they just run the numbers. I wish they weren't such a problem. I've gone ahead and put it on my own card and asked the person to send me a check.

gailz2 said:
HO told me one day that many people don't realize there is a daily limit of how much they can spend on their debit cards. This may be it.
Yes, this can be the issue sometimes too. I have a $400 limit per day on my debit card. I found this out when I was paying for our vacation from my PC account a couple years ago!

And sometimes it's the bank refusing the out of state charges!

Well, I called PC back and they are going to send it to finance to manually run...if I don't get a call back by the end of the day supposedly it went through. If not, I guess I'll go out to the hosts house tomorrow or Thurs and just get a check. What a pain!

I had something like this happen recently. Her debit card did have a limit. She realized it after the problem surfaced. She then gave me a credit card number. That too was declined! I called her and she told me she tranfered money. However, the card was still declined! :eek:

So I called the host again. She said she would call the credit card company. She said they told her that they didn't see why it was declined. So I called home office and they ran it through again while I was on the phone and it went through!

Anyway... the next day I looked on CC and it still showed the card declined, but when I went to look at the shipment status it showed that it was released for picking! I just looked again and her card is STILL showing up as declined in CC!!! She has already received her products about a week ago!!! :eek: What do you think of that!

Did you get the sales for the show?
Have you ever called the host to see if the funds were taken out?

I had the same thing happen to me. The host basically swore up and down that there was money in there. Infact more than she was trying to use. Anyway, I paid for the order, because I couldnt have it be on hold any longer for my customers and her guests. HO let me change the shipping address to my house. I emailed her and let her know that I had paid for it and she needed to pay me IN CASH in order to get her order.She was appreciative and booked another party...

nldavis321 said:
I had the same thing happen to me. The host basically swore up and down that there was money in there. Infact more than she was trying to use. Anyway, I paid for the order, because I couldnt have it be on hold any longer for my customers and her guests. HO let me change the shipping address to my house. I emailed her and let her know that I had paid for it and she needed to pay me IN CASH in order to get her order.

She was appreciative and booked another party...

I can't pay for her order, her total was $500, but I will make a trek out to her house if I need to get a check. I hope that's not the case, I don't want her to think that hosting a show is a bunch of hassle...

I recently changed to a different bank (because they had done me a BIG favor...long story), but I'm disappointed that they have a debit card limit. AND I don't like their online banking setup. BUT, I feel morally obligated to use their services. I did keep the original bank for my PC bank, so my trips shouldn't be a problem.

Some debit/Check cards still have daily limits. $800 may be over her daily limit. Have her check with her bank. HTH

Like others have said, banks have limits. My bank used to have a daily limit of $300 but now it is $1500. My BF's bank still has a daily/weekend limit of $300 for debit, but if you run it as a credit card you are fine. It is embarrassing when standing in line at a store and they tell you your card is declined...even after you figure it out and remember the limit, you still feel like you did something wrong.

Did you call HO back? Let us know what happens.

I'll talk with financial services tomorrow, I spoke w/ SC tonight and she checked that it did go to FS and I should hear from them about then...I'll let you know...thanks!

whenever I have one declined I call HO first, ask them to walk it to the finance dept and have it run manually thru veriphone. That usually solves it and I don't ever have to contact the customer
They will rerun it while you are on the phone but that doesn't solve it, it will be declined again.

Teresa Lynn said:
whenever I have one declined I call HO first, ask them to walk it to the finance dept and have it run manually thru veriphone.

That usually solves it and I don't ever have to contact the customer
They will rerun it while you are on the phone but that doesn't solve it, it will be declined again.

Yes, that's what happened, they reran it when I called, but then I asked if it could be run as a "credit card" and she said she'd tell finance to run it manually...what is veriphone?

I think its the old fashioned way (dial up) not sure though. But, I have BEGGED PC (since we began accepting debit cards) to recognize this is the problem & for the HO staff to add this step to the process before contacting us.... especially with the hold times right now it is very frustrating

Teresa Lynn said:
I think its the old fashioned way (dial up) not sure though.

But, I have BEGGED PC (since we began accepting debit cards) to recognize this is the problem & for the HO staff to add this step to the process before contacting us.... especially with the hold times right now it is very frustrating

I called Finance again about 2 hrs ago, left them ANOTHER message to call me, about a half hr later, SC called me about it...I told them I was waiting for finance to get in touch w/ me...the rep took my info again and said she'd give it to them again, I"m getting really frustrated, I don't know why it should take days to get them to do something, esp if they are giving ME a deadline to have it resolved! Just call me back people!!! I am about fit to be tied.

Just left ANOTHER message...it's 12:30pm...I think I made my first call around 10am, and yesterday around 4pm. I am FUMING right now.

Wow, what a pain! Hope they get this resolved soon.

That sucks, Steph. Why do you leave messages? When I call, I get right through to finance. (But then again, I can't for the life of me figure out what SC is...so maybe you know something I don't!)

SC=Solution Center

I have tried all day to call FS (FINANCIAL SERVICES-LOL) and get put straight to VM (Voice mail)

Jessamary said:
That sucks, Steph. Why do you leave messages? When I call, I get right through to finance. (But then again, I can't for the life of me figure out what SC is...so maybe you know something I don't!)

Jess, since you get right through, why don't you call them for me?

chefsteph07 said:
I called Finance again about 2 hrs ago, left them ANOTHER message to call me, about a half hr later, SC called me about it...I told them I was waiting for finance to get in touch w/ me...the rep took my info again and said she'd give it to them again, I"m getting really frustrated, I don't know why it should take days to get them to do something, esp if they are giving ME a deadline to have it resolved! Just call me back people!!! I am about fit to be tied.

I have Finance run all my declined debit cards manually before I ever contact the customer too, but I just had one that would not go thru and the host had all the money in the bank. I had to go pick up a check from her, very annoying.
Everytime FS runs a card for me it takes at least 1-3 days to hear back. So I know your frustrations. Sorry it is happening to you too.

chefsteph07 said:
Did you get the sales for the show?
Have you ever called the host to see if the funds were taken out?

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I haven't been on the computer.

Yes, I did get the sales for the show. I just looked and it's still showing as declined. I haven't called the host, though. I didn't know if I needed to, since I actually had talked to someone at the home office who told me the card went through okay.

Do you think I still need to???

caraighan said:
I had something like this happen recently. Her debit card did have a limit. She realized it after the problem surfaced. She then gave me a credit card number. That too was declined! I called her and she told me she tranfered money. However, the card was still declined! :eek:

So I called the host again. She said she would call the credit card company. She said they told her that they didn't see why it was declined. So I called home office and they ran it through again while I was on the phone and it went through!

Anyway... the next day I looked on CC and it still showed the card declined, but when I went to look at the shipment status it showed that it was released for picking! I just looked again and her card is STILL showing up as declined in CC!!! She has already received her products about a week ago!!! :eek: What do you think of that!

Oh, please be careful with this. The same thing happened to me in November/December, which I know was a very busy time. The guest's debit card didn't go through so I called HO. They put it through. So I thought!!!

A couple weeks later the guest called me (all the show items were sent and received) and the guest told me it still had not been taken out of her account, and I told her not to worry, the order came through.

BIG MISTAKE. I called HO and they had TAKEN THE FUNDS OUT OF MY PC DEBIT ACCOUNT!!!! I am still angry over this. They said they only do that with the consultant approval -- excuse me, but I NEVER approved that!!!! I asked to speak with the supervisor, and they were to call me back, but never did.

Call HO again and ask where the funds came from, just to be sure.

gailz2 said:
Oh, please be careful with this. The same thing happened to me in November/December, which I know was a very busy time. The guest's debit card didn't go through so I called HO. They put it through. So I thought!!!

A couple weeks later the guest called me (all the show items were sent and received) and the guest told me it still had not been taken out of her account, and I told her not to worry, the order came through.

BIG MISTAKE. I called HO and they had TAKEN THE FUNDS OUT OF MY PC DEBIT ACCOUNT!!!! I am still angry over this. They said they only do that with the consultant approval -- excuse me, but I NEVER approved that!!!! I asked to speak with the supervisor, and they were to call me back, but never did.

Call HO again and ask where the funds came from, just to be sure.

Were you ever reimbursed from the guest for that? That's awful...

A nice rep called back about an hour ago and told me that she went directly to finance to see that this went through. She said she has a note on her desk to check again first thing in the morning to see what is going with it and she will call me in the morning to give me an update. I pray that this goes through. I do not want to get a check from her on this...

chefsteph07 said:
A nice rep called back about an hour ago and told me that she went directly to finance to see that this went through. She said she has a note on her desk to check again first thing in the morning to see what is going with it and she will call me in the morning to give me an update. I pray that this goes through. I do not want to get a check from her on this...
I just want to make sure that you've checked and that there isn't some sort of $ limit on her card per day or transaction. Because if that is the case, it doesn't matter how many times it's run through, it still won't be accepted.

Wow, what a pain!

From my experience there is a 24 hour delay on when your funds are in your account and when they are available on your debit card - if you use it as a credit card. We learned this the hard way trying to use it the same day by husband's check deposited.

I"m gonna see what happens tomorrow...I told SC that the card is indeed a debit card and can they run it to see if it will go through...all I can do is wait and see.

I just wanted to give an update on what's going on...Someone from SC called me at 4pm and told me the card went through finally and it should be shipped either today or tomorrow.
NO callback from financial services at all, after over 3 messages. I'm really not happy about that.
Thanks to all who bore with me while this drama was unfolding! :rolleyes:

1. Why was my host's debit card declined?

There are a few possible reasons why a debit card may be declined when submitting a show order. The most common reasons include insufficient funds, a temporary hold placed by the bank, or an error in entering the card information. It is also possible that there may be an issue with the card itself, such as it being expired or reported lost or stolen.

2. Can Pampered Chef have trouble with debit card payments?

While rare, it is possible for there to be technical issues or delays with processing debit card payments. If you or your host are experiencing difficulties, please reach out to our Customer Care team for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

3. How can I resolve a declined debit card for a show order?

If your host's debit card was declined, the first step is to double check that all of the card information was entered correctly. If everything appears to be correct, have your host contact their bank to ensure there are no issues with the card or account. If the issue persists, please reach out to our Customer Care team for further assistance.

4. Why was my show order placed on hold after a declined debit card?

When a debit card is declined, the show order may be placed on hold until the issue is resolved. This is to prevent any further attempts to charge the card and potentially cause overdraft fees for your host. Once the issue is resolved, the show order will be processed as normal.

5. Can I submit debit/bank cards instead of credit cards for show orders?

Yes, you can use a debit or bank card for show orders. However, please keep in mind that there may be additional steps required to resolve any issues that may arise with a debit card, as opposed to a credit card. We recommend encouraging your host to use a credit card if possible to avoid any potential delays or complications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • kayleighsmom529
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Adrian