• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are debit card transactions being put on hold for my fundraisers?

In summary, the last three shows submitted have all come back "put on hold" due to issues with customer's card payment. The first time, the customer provided a new number and the problem was solved. The second time, the customer ended up paying with cash despite having sufficient funds in their account. Last night, a fundraiser was submitted and a customer who used a card came back as being on hold. It is unclear if debit cards are accepted, but some customers have had success using them. It is recommended to remind customers that their card will not be charged until the show closes and that only debit cards with a Visa or Mastercard logo are accepted. Some customers have reported issues with their card being charged at 3am, possibly due
JaimeQ
The last three shows I have submitted have all come back "put on hold"!! The first time the customer said the card she used was the wrong one, she gave me a new number, problem solved. The second one a customer used her debit card and they ran in a couple of times and it still wouldn't work, the customer ended up paying cash even after she checked her account and there were funds!! Last night I submitted a fundraiser and yet again a customer who used a card, I am guessing it is a debit card, came back as being on hold!!!

Do we not take debit cards?? I didn't have problems with my first couple of shows and I know there was a debit card in those as well. I'm so annoyed:mad:

JaimeQ said:
The last three shows I have submitted have all come back "put on hold"!! The first time the customer said the card she used was the wrong one, she gave me a new number, problem solved. The second one a customer used her debit card and they ran in a couple of times and it still wouldn't work, the customer ended up paying cash even after she checked her account and there were funds!! Last night I submitted a fundraiser and yet again a customer who used a card, I am guessing it is a debit card, came back as being on hold!!!

Do we not take debit cards?? I didn't have problems with my first couple of shows and I know there was a debit card in those as well. I'm so annoyed:mad:

We DO take credit and Debit cards, I have had more put on hold recently too. Maybe PC had problems and Now they are making sure that they get there money 1st. Not really a bad idea, I just wish that our customers had better accounting principles Haha Good Luck, be patient, and when you call a customer make sure you say something like "I think "I" may have written the number wrong as it didn't go through. May we Confirm? This gives them an OUT in case they Know they don't have the "Mula" They can give you a diff. card. I had to do this with 3 cust.'s last month. No worries it is actually rare or has been for me.:)

I always tell the guests that the card will not be run until the show closes and I give them the date. That helps them remember that it hasn't cleared yet. With this age of instant transactions people don't remember if it isn't out immediately. I also only take debit cards with a VISA symbol on it. I do not believe we take cards without that.

We take debit cards. I've had no problems with them other than when there aren't any funds available. Perhaps they needed a check to clear or didn't have the $$ and were embarassed?

BethCooks4U said:
I always tell the guests that the card will not be run until the show closes and I give them the date. That helps them remember that it hasn't cleared yet. With this age of instant transactions people don't remember if it isn't out immediately. I also only take debit cards with a VISA symbol on it. I do not believe we take cards without that.

Yes Beth is correct; I forgot to say that it must have the Visa or Master card logo.

One of my customers checked to see why her card would not go through since she did have enough credit to cover the order. Her credit card company said that Pampered Chef tried to run her card at like 3am. That is when the credit card company is down every night for maintenance or something. Maybe other companies do the same. I wondered why PC would be running a card at 3am?

pampchefstacey said:
One of my customers checked to see why her card would not go through since she did have enough credit to cover the order. Her credit card company said that Pampered Chef tried to run her card at like 3am. That is when the credit card company is down every night for maintenance or something. Maybe other companies do the same. I wondered why PC would be running a card at 3am?

That is probably when they aren't cranking orders out the door and trying to get them ready to be processed in the warehouse. Many companies run things at "off hours" because that is when your networks and servers can best handle it.

pampchefstacey said:

PC Does re-run it several hours or even the next day before they put the show on hold though. So if it wasn't available at 3am it should have been later in the day. Very rarely would someone ADMIT they don't have the funds. They will likely say it's the company. Offer to try another card?

No Fair Gillian you can blame the numbers on pregnancy..........HEHEH

I have emailed the customer(couldn't reach her by phone) and asked if it was a debit card, and for her to call me so that we can confirm that I have the correct number entered. She is the one that filled out her order form and she doesn't have the best hand writting in the world so it is very possible I didn't get something right:p

She replied to the email saying that she had to close that account due to someone getting into her account and taking a large sum of money. So i'm canceling her portion of the order and she said she would order again when she has a new account that has cleared.

I am not saying that she is lying, but there is a large number of people who have to "close their account due to stolen credit or identity theft" and I only hear about it when their card gets denied... hmmmm!

Nothing I can do about it. She asked for my website so that she can reorder when she gets her account established.

If it's a debit card drawn on a small local bank alot of times it will kick back as declined especially since PC does run cards at all times of the day and night. I always call PC first and ask them to re run the card. (they may say they re run it automatically but in my case this has not been so) If it still will not go thru I call the customer. I also like to use the "wrote it down/typed it in wrong" thing and go from there.

Most times it is no big deal....

I know that some debit cards have daily spending limits. I had one host who was going to pay over $200 and the bank would not allow it. I had to use hers and her husbands to get it to run through.

1. Can I use my debit card to make a purchase with Pampered Chef?

No, at this time we do not accept debit cards as a form of payment. We only accept major credit cards, PayPal, and checks.

2. Why doesn't Pampered Chef accept debit cards?

We have found that accepting only credit cards helps us maintain a high level of security and protects our customers' personal information.

3. Can I use a prepaid debit card to make a purchase?

No, prepaid debit cards are not accepted as a form of payment for Pampered Chef orders.

4. Is there any way to use a debit card if I want to purchase from Pampered Chef?

Currently, we do not have the option to accept debit cards. However, you can use a PayPal account linked to your debit card as a payment method.

5. Will Pampered Chef ever start accepting debit cards in the future?

At this time, there are no plans to start accepting debit cards as a form of payment. However, we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and may consider it in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • sarahsellcm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • jrb0328