1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: PPP Not Liking Customer's Debit Card

Tags:
  1. Adrian

Adrian Guest

This is a mess. I am headed out of town tomorrow AM and I was trying to get in a last minute individual order. However, PPP is not liking this customer's Visa debit card #. It keeps saying valid card # required.

Do we have to put in debit cards in any certain way? I'm doing it just like a credit card with the expiration date and her zip code.

It's not even a matter of the card being rejected, it just plain isn't accepting it to start with. It won't even let me submit.

At this point, it is just going to have to wait until I get back, but I'd sure like to know what the problem is.

Thanks!

Adrian

Apr 29, 2010
  2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

You likely have a digit wrong. Credit cards have specific sets of numbers that identify them as to the type of card and I think issuing bank. If you get any of the first 8-12 digits wrong it won't even accept it as a valid credit card let alone try to process it.

Apr 29, 2010
  3. emiscookin

emiscookin Member

I just learned this today, with it being my first time inputting a show in P3. ;) American Express cards are only 15 digits and not 16 like the rest.

On the online order form I printed out (this was for a catalog show) at the top right of the page below "Payment Information" it said -515253545556575 (not the real card # of course! ;)) but that DASH in front of the number THREW ME OFF! Anyway, I didn't think to input the # the way it was because I was so SURE it wouldn't accept a card # that WASN'T 16 digits. Silly me. :rolleyes: So I called my recruiter/director and she told me about the Amex cards and I was like, "Ohhhhhhhh...."

Anyway, just thought I would let you know. :p

Hope you can figure out what the problem is. Try calling the person who placed the order and tell them what is going on. Double check the card # with him/her and see if you two can fix the situation. Good luck! If all else fails, call the Home Office for help.

Apr 29, 2010
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

This.

There is some super-secret algorithm that determines the numbers for credit cards, so that people wanting to commit fraud can't just take one card and change the last digit and get a second, working card number (although they still try :grumpy:). P3 must know at least a portion of that formula to be able to tell when there is a transposed or mis-keyed digit.

Apr 29, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted