• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Experienced Bounced Checks Before? What Should I Do?

In summary, the two women have received bounced checks and are trying to figure out what to do. One woman has called her bank and was told that the check may have already been deposited twice and the other woman is considering filing a state attorney complaint.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
OMG - I have never ever had bounced checks before and now I have TWO!!!!
One for $72.08 and the other for $124.00

I am in SHOCK and don't even know where to begin!

I have read SO many threads on this and never thought it would happen to me (duh...)and now it has (double duh...)

So I called the first gal - the $72.08 one and she was all apologetic and will send me a Money Order for the amount of the check plus the bank fee. The gal with the $124. I called and left a message on her voice mail.

ARGH!!!!!!!!:mad:

I'm so sorry, Carolyn! I had my first bounced check a couple of weeks ago as well. Basically, it just sucks! I hope you had enough in your account to cover it, otherwise I'd have been really ticked off.

I hope you get a hold of the other lady soon. It's so frustrating!

I *should* have enough in my account to cover it - just to be safe I will transfer some funds form my savings acct.

Isn't there aomething for me to do with the state attorney?

dannyzmom said:
I *should* have enough in my account to cover it - just to be safe I will transfer some funds form my savings acct.

You can call your county's District Attorney's Office and find out the steps you need to take. In Alabama, We have to send them a letter by certified mail telling them they have 10 days to make it good and then take proof of the letter and mailing to the DA's office and the bad check and then they start proceedings to collect. All court cost are taxed to the person who wrote the bad check.

I had my first one this week, but the guest told me ahead of time that she was having trouble with her bank. She called me a few days after the show to see if it had been returned. When it was returned she bought the cash to me within 5 minutes of me calling her.

I'm sorry Carolyn! I have 3 declined credit cards!:eek: It happened yesterday so I"m still trying to get ahold of them! ARGH!!:rolleyes:

Do you have those checks? If so, go to HER BANK and try to cash it. Try on Friday maybe she will have the funds in it! That happened to me. I left so many messages and never received a call back, so I went to the person bank and cashed it. GOOD LUCK!!!

letscook04 said:
Do you have those checks? If so, go to HER BANK and try to cash it. Try on Friday maybe she will have the funds in it! That happened to me. I left so many messages and never received a call back, so I went to the person bank and cashed it. GOOD LUCK!!!

No, I deposited the checks and then today looked at my statement online and it shows two checks that bounced...can I call the bank and ask them to re-try them?

Yes, you can but if it bounces again you will have to pay the bounce fee again. Some banks will try to deposit the checks twice. If you get the check from your bank, then go to her bank and try to cash it. They will tell you if there is any money in her account. I hope that this makes any sense?

letscook04 said:
Yes, you can but if it bounces again you will have to pay the bounce fee again. Some banks will try to deposit the checks twice. If you get the check from your bank, then go to her bank and try to cash it. They will tell you if there is any money in her account. I hope that this makes any sense?

My brain hurts...that's too much hassle for me. This show was 40 minutes away.I think I am going to go the State Attorney route.

Have you got a hold of the other woman to recover some of the money back? I would if you haven't done that. If you take the state attorney route, you could lose customers forever. Just my opinion.;)

letscook04 said:

At work I have called their bank with the account number and amount of the check every so often to see if they have enough funds for the check to clear, also. Just another thought to add to this one.

PampMomof3 said:
Have you got a hold of the other woman to recover some of the money back? I would if you haven't done that. If you take the state attorney route, you could lose customers forever. Just my opinion.;)

But, would you really want that customer if you have to take the state attorney route! I wouldn't!

dannyzmom said:

I would wait to see if you receive the money order promised by the first girl before doing anything about her. Sometimes these things just happen & if she's willing to take care of it, why bother with court? If you don't get in touch with the other one, leave a final message saying that unless you hear from her by such & such date, you have no choice but to contact the state attorney's office.

Have they received the products yet? If not, I would definitely call the host & tell her you need to pick up those two orders (you don't have to tell her why) & hold onto them until you get paid. Since technically you paid for them, they're yours!

Good luck! Luckily I've only had 1 returned check & the lady knew right when I called what it was about & sent me a money order, including the bank fee right away.

I just lost a Dec show & potential recruit over a declined CC. He wouldn't call me back. His order was for $45 and I refused to pay for it. He took an EW and recruit info and booked a show on Oct 17th. I haven't heard from him since. He told me to call him the day after the show so he could move the show to NOV and I've yet to hear from him. It had to be resolved by today, so after contacting the host she agreed we should cancel his order and she'd pay the difference for her stuff. She's so mad at him it's not funny!!

Ok...so as of this morning, I have heared from both customers...each said they will mail me a Money Order ( the $140 girl said she'll overnight it). I spoke to the hostess and asked her to hold their orders til payment arrives...but this was an office show...and the products are being delivered TO the office where everyone works...so, hopefully they $ will get to me before the boxes get to them...if not, I am driving over there the day the boxes arrived and taking the orders to hold until the $ comes.

That's great news that you heard from both of them. :)

letscook04 said:
That's great news that you heard from both of them. :)

Now let's just hope the Money Orders show up :eek:

I just recently had this happen to me as well. I called the host but the orders had already been delivered. The host stopped by my house and paid for the orders. She is collecting the money from the guests, I do know that one of the guests has already paid the host back.

The funny thing is is that I waited several days before submitting the show after I made the deposit and nothing showed up on my account as being bounced when I submitted it, it wasn't until 3 days later that it showed up.

Tracy

At my credit union, if the check is drawn on them, they checked the accounts to be sure the money was there. Last Friday, one check was not able to ge through. I waited until Monday to try again, the money was there. (I think I beat her paycheck to the bank.) I was glad I could hold it until then, that way she didn't have a bounce fee as well. As far as it taking that long to show up seems odd. Did they (bank) charge you a fee?

Host checkIf I am having a show with strangers, I usually have them write their checks out to the host. Then after all is said and done and outside orders have already been added to the show, I have the host cut me a check personally for everyone's orders. That's usually my follow up visit with my host at her home to pick up remaining orders and get her list of FREE items.

I have never had a problem with this. I even had a host write me a check for over $1,600 dollars with tax and shipping and it did not bounce. I asked her to deposit the money that Monday and then I submitted the show the day after.
It is harder for guests to give their host (friend or family member) a bounced check. It has never happened to me.
I know, I know never say never, but if the host does get a bounced check, that becomes her problem, not mine!!!

Debbie :D

I agree and I do the same thing.
I always have the host write me one big check.
Now, I just cross my fingers that she isn't a flake!
I hope it gets resolved quickly for you, it is very streesful though.

1. What should I do if I have 2 bounced checks?

If you have 2 bounced checks, it is important to take immediate action. Contact your bank to find out the reason for the bounced checks and try to rectify the situation as soon as possible. You may also want to speak with the payees to explain the situation and make arrangements for the checks to be reissued.

2. Will I be charged any fees for the bounced checks?

Most likely, yes. Banks typically charge a fee for each bounced check, which can add up if you have multiple bounced checks. You may also be charged additional fees from the payee for the inconvenience. It is important to check with your bank and the payees to understand the fees associated with the bounced checks.

3. How will having 2 bounced checks affect my credit score?

Having 2 bounced checks can potentially have a negative impact on your credit score. If the checks were for a significant amount and you are unable to rectify the situation quickly, it may result in a negative mark on your credit report. It is important to address the issue promptly to minimize any potential damage to your credit score.

4. Can I dispute the bounced checks?

If you believe that the 2 bounced checks were a result of an error or mistake, you may be able to dispute them with your bank. However, if the checks were returned due to insufficient funds or other valid reasons, it may be difficult to dispute them. It is best to speak with your bank and the payees to understand the reason for the bounced checks before attempting to dispute them.

5. How can I prevent 2 bounced checks from happening again in the future?

To prevent 2 bounced checks from happening again, it is important to keep track of your account balance and make sure you have enough funds before writing a check. You may also want to set up alerts with your bank to notify you when your account balance is low. Additionally, consider using online banking and automatic bill payments to avoid the risk of bounced checks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • PCJen
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • yummy4tummy