• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover 10 Forgotten Checks: What Would You Do?

In summary, the speaker found 10 uncashed checks in a box while cleaning and is unsure of what to do with them. The suggested solution is to call each person, apologize and explain the situation before cashing the checks. It is also advised to check with the bank first and offer compensation, such as a store credit, to the customers. Everyone agrees that it is important to make the calls and explain the situation to avoid any misunderstandings or issues with insufficient funds.
Kattyschack
Gold Member
I was cleaning out one of our bedrooms and found a box with misc. stuff. Under some old catalogs and order forms, I found about 10 checks from end of March. What would you do? Do I cash them? I have never had this happen before.

I personally would try and deposit them, at least take them to your bank and see what they say. I don't know if the 90day rule applies here or not.

Good Luck

I would call each person, apologize, explain the situation and let them know that you will be cashing the checks. That way, they would know that the checks are being cashed and you have an opportunity to talk with them again. Maybe offer them a SB or something.

I agree with calling people. thats a long time to not have a check cashed

I actually had this happen before too. I called everyone, and I'm glad I did, because one lady had to close her checking account. She issued me a new check and I sent back her old one. Everyone was really nice about it.

Ditto on making phone calls. I know too many folks who do not balance their
checkbooks and just go by what the bank says. They may think your check
was cashed long ago, and not be able to cover it at this point in time. I had
one guest who bounced her credit card, and then a check. I finally called
her bank and took the check up there to get cash before depositing her money,
rather than have a second insufficient funds charge ($10 at HSBC), if I tried
to redeposit it.

Yes definitely call them. I know to not expect checks from non-profit organizations and school PTSA things to be cashed for a month or more, but I think anything coming on 6 mths might not be valid. I would call the bank first to make sure you would be allowed to cash them, then call the customers to let them know what happened!!
Good luck!!

I agree that you need to call them. People watch their accounts so closely now. Since they weren't cashed the people may have forgotten and would be upset if money suddenly left their account. They will understand if you explain.

Related to Discover 10 Forgotten Checks: What Would You Do?

1. What are the 10 forgotten checks in "Discover 10 Forgotten Checks: What Would You Do?"

The 10 forgotten checks are: meal planning, clean as you go, using high-quality ingredients, double-checking measurements, utilizing kitchen tools, setting timers, organizing workspace, tasting as you go, following recipes closely, and cleaning as you cook.

2. How can I incorporate these forgotten checks into my cooking routine?

You can incorporate these checks by making a conscious effort to plan your meals, clean up as you go, use high-quality ingredients, double-check measurements, utilize kitchen tools, set timers, keep your workspace organized, taste your food as you cook, and follow recipes closely. It may take some practice, but these habits will become second nature over time.

3. Why are these forgotten checks important in cooking?

These forgotten checks are important because they help improve the overall quality of your cooking. By meal planning, using high-quality ingredients, and following recipes closely, you can ensure that your dishes will taste delicious. Utilizing kitchen tools and setting timers can also help prevent mistakes and save time. Cleaning as you go and organizing your workspace can make cooking more efficient and enjoyable.

4. Can these checks be applied to all types of cooking?

Yes, these checks can be applied to all types of cooking, whether you are making a quick weeknight dinner or a fancy holiday meal. They are universal principles that can help improve your cooking skills and the taste of your dishes.

5. What if I forget one of these checks while cooking?

It's okay if you forget one of these checks while cooking. Just try to remember it for next time and continue with the rest of the checks. Over time, these habits will become second nature and you will naturally incorporate them into your cooking routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedval
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
reba515
  • susan g