• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Outdated Paper Supplies?

In summary, the expert had some old spring/summer materials that they couldn't use and they printed off flyers to hand out at local events. They also put a sticker on the front of the catalogs that says "See the NEW fall products and NEW PRICING on my website XXXXX". They suggest that if someone calls you from something and the program has changed, you just say that we now offer this in addition to what your flyer says.
originalandrea
I just wrapped up my first 90 days. I lost my last PC dollars because I couldn't close the party on the 90th day and didn't even realize it until the 91st day (in my brain it didn't click that August had 31 days, not 30 and my last day was the 30th.... I was calculating my last day as being before Sept 1st... HUGE DUM DUM HERE!!!) ... so that $50pc could have been used for new materials, but is gone.

What can I do with my old Spring/Summer stuff? The order forms say $4.25 for shipping, the catalogs all have new prices, the recruiting materials don't include the mini-kit etc. I feel like I wasted SO much on them being that I didn't even hardly put a dent in using them.

I did have over 50 mini-catalogs that I just mailed out for a Sept show. I just couldn't waste them! I put a sticker on the front that said "See the NEW fall products and NEW PRICING on my website XXXXX"

But what does everyone do with the old stuff, and what are the necessities when buying the updated materials??

If you have any chance to do booths aka fairs hand out the catalogs with the same sticker on them, as you used for the mini. The reciepts you can just write 4.50 over the old price, and the recruiting you could make a sticker saying as me about the mini kit.

I don't know how much you have, but don't sweat some of things- like the recruiting material. It is really fairly inexpensive. The catalogs- use the sticker like suggested. Receipts- again- cross out the current rate and put in the new. IN your first supply order for the Fall season, you should get a package of new receipts, plus again, not terribly expensive to get new ones.Buy only what you know you'll use! You know you'll need catalogs and order forms...but if you aren't doing alot of shows, don't buy more than you'd need in a month. You can always place an order anytime. I've learned that lesson for sure! I only buy 1 package of the basic recruiting flyers. ANd since I"m not doing many shows right now, I only got one package of catalogs (actually- I'm just using what came in my changeover box). Mini's are the main thing I order right now until I'm busier.Also - be sure to check out the Download Center tab on Consultant's Corner. Be familiar with what everything is on there- because often times, you'll find you can PRINT something if you need it in a hurry (not order forms obviously) - but recruiting info, etc. There is also a file on there that explains what the Supply Items are, so you can decide if you really need them or not.

I printed lots of stuff, and I stupidly put pages numbers and prices and all kinds of junk on my printouts, then made like 50 copies of each so I wouldn't have to go back for more copies.

We are friends with my kids doctor, and I know that his wife is constantaly buying magazines to keep in his waiting rooms, I put a sticker on old catalogs and pass some of them on to her so that it is another something people can browse while they wait. I also drop them off when I am in waiting rooms. That is also what I tell my hosts to do with the extras that they have around after a show. I let them know that it is a huge help to me.

originalandrea said:
I printed lots of stuff, and I stupidly put pages numbers and prices and all kinds of junk on my printouts, then made like 50 copies of each so I wouldn't have to go back for more copies.

LOL...Now you know what NOT to do! (Been there done that! I would print off flyers for the month specials, or a promotion going on...and then be left with dozens of them. I don't do that anymore!!)

On the order forms I used white-out on the .25 on shipping and wrote .50 over it.

Save the receipts for craft fairs where you do cash and carry and dont charge a shipping fee just cross it out or put a sticker
Use the other stuff to drop off at the play area at McDonalds, (think of all the moms there) dentist and dr offices, places where you get your tires and oil changed etc.
IF someone calls you from something and the program has changed just say we now offer this in ADDITION to what your flyer says
I never throw away materials.....

you can also donate them to daycares for the kids to play with IF you have way too many or come across some too outdated. I still had my name on them just in case someone wanted a contact but they mostly pretended to order items or cut them up.

I do the same as above and I even printed one set of red labels to put over the old s/h price of $4.25, I changed it to $4.50. You only have to print 2-3 of these labels, then fill in the rest with your biz info, that way you don't waste the labels when printing. Here's mine if you want to use it. You can put your own info on the rest of the labels if you like. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why it isn't attaching, pm me if you want the file and I'll send it to your email:)

I personally have too much to do to change order forms! I will use my old ones up and just eat the 25 cents. If people are ordering something, even if 25 people order something... that $6.25 is not gonna break me with all those orders!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

JackieB999 said:
I personally have too much to do to change order forms! I will use my old ones up and just eat the 25 cents. If people are ordering something, even if 25 people order something... that $6.25 is not gonna break me with all those orders!

I take my laptop to shows, and enter orders directly into P3. I can make any corrections to the order form whlie I'm doing that. As for notifying my customers of the shipping cost, I do that during my booking slide:

"The host gets free shipping. There is a shipping charge of $4.50 for all orders that are shipped to the host, which in itself is a great deal. When I go to mail a host packet which is just a couple of catalogs and a few pieces of paper, it costs me just about $5. You can order one of everything in the catalog, and still only pay $4.50 for your shipping."

originalandrea said:
What are you printing? Just wondering if you are doing too much that you don't need to do anyway and now are eating the fact that you did it.

JackieB999 said:

Don't eat it, just let them know that the price changed with the new catalog and you have a few left over to get rid of!

I am also going to eat the 25cents....I must have about 30-40 extra order forms that I dont want to throw away and I feel that crossing off the $4.25 and writing in the $4.50 looks unprofessional and tacky....the extra quarter isnt gonna bankrupt me!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just did 2 shows this week. I went the tacky route ( :D ) and crossed out the 2 on the white copy and added a 0 after the 5. No one commented, no one cared. When I calculated the order with the new s&h charge, no one made a comment.

It isn't a big deal. I'm keeping some of my old catalogs for the bridal shower registry lists, dropping lots in break rooms, md offices, hair salons, etc. I'm also passing some out to the guests who can't get enough of the recipes. I ask that they pass it forward if they decide they no longer want it.

My friend who lives 40 minutes away called me to tell me that she found my catalog with my ctc info in her MD's office. I have no clue who did it, so it looks like my guests are helping me out. :D

1. What is the best way to dispose of outdated paper supplies?

The best way to dispose of outdated paper supplies is to recycle them. Most paper products, such as newspapers, magazines, and cardboard, can be recycled. Check with your local recycling center for specific guidelines on what types of paper they accept.

2. Can outdated paper supplies be used for anything else?

Yes, there are many creative ways to repurpose old paper supplies. You can use them for arts and crafts projects, as packing material, or even as fire starter for bonfires or fireplaces.

3. How should I store outdated paper supplies until I am ready to recycle or repurpose them?

It is important to store outdated paper supplies in a dry and well-ventilated area to prevent them from getting moldy or damaged. You can also use airtight containers or plastic bags to keep them safe from any moisture.

4. Are there any types of paper supplies that cannot be recycled?

Yes, there are some paper products that cannot be recycled, such as paper towels, tissues, and wax-coated paper. These items should be disposed of in the regular trash.

5. Can I donate my outdated paper supplies?

Unfortunately, most donation centers do not accept outdated paper supplies. However, you can check with local schools or community centers to see if they have any use for them in arts and crafts projects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• originalandrea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jamie's Money
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pc_jessica