• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Should I Budget for New Products and Supplies?

In summary, Doreen suggests you hold a New Season Kick Off party to show off the new products and get orders for them. She suggests spending $100 on this event.
babywings76
Gold Member
I want to set aside some money from my profits for the upcoming new products and new season supplies. I can calculate the supplies, but I'm wondering how much the new products will run me. I earned the $1500 level and the special new product. Any educated guesses on how much I should budget for so I can purchase the rest of the new products? I want to pay myself, but want to set aside some money now so I have it when the new stuff is announced and we can buy them. I don't want to go into debt like I did at the beginning of last year. I paid it off and now have a nice surplus, but thought I'd be more careful this time.

Anyone have previous seasons' info on the SAT levels and what the product values were?

If I remember right - You can usually purchase everything for around $140.00 - give or take $10.00? Since you earned the first level I would say to safely put aside - maybe $75.00? It also depends on how many items are grouped or how many are individual purchases and also how many you really want. Don't forget that April is KE month too.:balloon:

Remember there will be some open stock stuff too, that won't come in package A, B or C. You've earned package A with $1500 in November. So if you want everything, you'll want B and C as well! And whatever is not included in a package. I'd say maybe $125?

I know from past releases, purchasing all of the samples at the 50% would set me back about $200-225....since you earned some of it, I'd say at least $100-150 (if it were ME). One show's commission. ;)

How about doing a catalog show yourself the first week of March and earn the new products Free . You should get the new Catalogs in Feb so you can start off the month with even an Open House with your friends and Family

Awesome idea, Doreen!! Love it!

OK - I just checked my statements from last Feb. I didnt get any products free from SAT and I spent $182 including tax & shipping for all the spring products. Hope that helps. I also bought all the individual items offered at that time too!:)

You're not necessarily going to want all of the new products. You may be quite happy with the SAT products that you earned. Focus on the ones you want for personal use and what you think you'll need for shows. For budgeting, $100 should cover you. I think the March host special flyer said there are 27 new products. No way of knowing how many of those will be in your SAT package. The word on the street was that the Dec. promo product is "high" priced at $49. Some years we've had new cookware that was over $100/piece.

Don't forget that you'll need Spring paperwork supplies.

chef131doreen said:
How about doing a catalog show yourself the first week of March and earn the new products Free . You should get the new Catalogs in Feb so you can start off the month with even an Open House with your friends and Family

It is tempting to do that, but usually I like to hold a New Season Kick Off party at my house in the beginning of the month of the new season. I show them all the new products, make a bunch of the new recipes and try to get enough orders for it to count as a show, but really try for bookings. I guess maybe I could just do it with the products I've earned, but I really like letting them see everything. Hmmm, I'll have to think about it. More $ in my pocket is always a better option. ;)

What is the average amount of money I should set aside for my Pampered Chef business?

The average amount of money to set aside for your Pampered Chef business will vary depending on your individual goals and needs. It is recommended to set aside at least 10-20% of your sales for business expenses and additional funds for marketing and inventory. It is important to regularly re-evaluate and adjust this amount as your business grows.

Do I need to budget for any specific expenses as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, there are certain expenses that you should budget for including the cost of product samples, marketing materials, shipping fees, and any potential fees for attending events or trade shows. It is important to carefully track and budget for these expenses to ensure the success of your business.

How much should I budget for marketing my Pampered Chef business?

The amount you should budget for marketing your Pampered Chef business will depend on your personal marketing strategy and goals. It is recommended to set aside a portion of your sales (around 5-10%) for marketing efforts. You can also take advantage of free or low-cost marketing options such as social media and word-of-mouth referrals.

Can I use my Pampered Chef commission to cover business expenses?

Yes, you can use your Pampered Chef commission to cover business expenses. It is important to keep careful track of your income and expenses to ensure that you are not overspending and can maintain a profitable business. It is also recommended to set aside a portion of your commission specifically for business expenses.

What happens if I don't set aside enough money for my Pampered Chef business?

If you do not set aside enough money for your Pampered Chef business, you may find yourself struggling to cover necessary expenses such as product samples and marketing materials. This can also lead to financial stress and may hinder the growth of your business. It is important to carefully budget and regularly re-evaluate your expenses to ensure the success of your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • KellerCooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • slapsappyhappy