• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Essential Supplies and Tips for a New Consultant Starting Out?

In summary, Debbie is providing advice on what to buy, what to do in the first 90 days, and what to expect as a consultant.
Debbie.A.NOC
Gold Member
I just signed up as a consultant last month & hosted my first show. It wasn't much but I am excited to get started. I've gathered alot of information from this site, you are all very generious with your flyers and encouragment.

My question is... If you knew then what you know now, what would you do in the first 90 days (besides call, host & sell as much as possible). What additional supplies should I get right away? What 10 products are a "must have" for a consultant whos only got what came in the New consultat pkg? And any other advise you might want to pass on.

Debbie, Search for booths at local fairs, it helps a lot in getting leads. As for products, only buy what you really think you will use in your own kitchen. If you use the products, you will have your own personal stories and your love for them will show through.
One item I think is really popular and sells great when people see it in action is the Deep Covered Baker. I think it is a must have.

The Deep Covered Baker is a MUST!!!

100% agree....Deep Covered Baker all the way!!!!

Also, search on threads for new consultant, and you'll get tons of responses.
My tip - ask everyone to book and to join. Ask everyone.

One of the first things I bought was the Tool Turn-About for shows. I didn't think I cared to have it for my home, but I ended up putting it on my counter and I love having it now. Now I want to get a second one to stay in my kit. ;)A Deep Covered Baker and the Trifle bowl and a large grooved cutting board I think are must haves also. Oh, and hot pads! Comes in handy so you don't have to have your host dig through drawers to find them. Timer, too!

Get the business builder kit. It is a great bargain and all the business supplies you need for a while.

Keep adding to your list of 100. Ask everyone.

Products: Deep Covered Baker, Stoneware Fluted Pan, Trifle Bowl, Stainless Mixing Bowls, Mix n Chop, Smooth-Edge Can Opener, something Bamboo, something Dots, Stainless 8" Saute Pan...

Have a show and earn some of them free and half price.

I would also say the large round stone with handles as well. Also get several cookbooks. I love the "29 Minutes to Dinner Vols 1 & 2". It also gives you something different to make at Shows. The "It's Good for You" cookbook is great to have since so many people are asking about "healthy cooking"! As of now, my DD and I between us have all the cookbooks except the Spin on Salads one. Keep your SB that you got in your Kit with your name on it and "Personal Copy" written on the front. That way people see you have one of your own that you use! The more cookbooks you have, the easier it is to try the products and recipes. Also remember that you can take all groceries you buy that you use to make demo recipes at home to "test" off your taxes as a business expense. I didn't know that for a while! Also remember that you want to re-book the Host from her Show. Encourage her to let her friends book so she can get the Host Special from their Show. The DYLAB flyers are great for that! Check our TastyTidbits.net. She has lots of wonderful flyers there and when you are ready for a newsletter, she has the absolute best and at the best price too! If you decide to go with her, use me as a referral please and I get a free month!Also keep in mind we get commission checks direct-deposited (be sure to sign up) on the 8th and 22nd. The deadlines are the last day of the month and the 15th so schedule shows to CLOSE before those days. Don't ever tell someone they can book the last day of the month and close the next month by the 15th. Your commission is 2 weeks later on those shows plus any incentives for that month (like the HWC products this month) do not get those Show totals counted towards them. Maybe offer a small thing (like $5-10 extra in free product) if they close the night of their Show or within 24 hours. As you will see on here, rarely does a Host "hold the show for one more order" and get it!Welcome and have a blast! Remember every time you go to work, you go to a Party!

Last edited:
Have FUN! If you are having fun the guests will be having fun and they will book with you.

What is "DYLAB"?

DYLAB is a flyer from a newsletter that is named TastyTidBits.com I use myemaildesigns.com by Mike Mendyke for only $24 a year with 1-3 mailings per month. My first mailing I made $54 in commission so it was more than worth my while to order the newsletter.

Related to What Are the Essential Supplies and Tips for a New Consultant Starting Out?

1. How do I get started as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

To get started as a new consultant, you will first need to sign up and purchase a starter kit. This kit includes everything you need to start your business, including product samples, training materials, and marketing materials. Once you have your kit, you can start booking parties and sharing the Pampered Chef experience with others.

2. What are some tips for booking parties as a new consultant?

A great way to book parties as a new consultant is to start with your circle of friends and family. Host a launch party to introduce them to the products and ask them to host their own parties. You can also reach out to your social networks, such as Facebook, and offer incentives for hosting a party. Lastly, don't be afraid to approach strangers and ask if they would be interested in hosting a party or attending one.

3. How can I be successful in selling Pampered Chef products?

The key to success in selling Pampered Chef products is to be knowledgeable about the products and passionate about the brand. Attend training sessions and familiarize yourself with the products so you can confidently demonstrate and answer any questions. Also, actively promote your business and products through social media and word of mouth. Lastly, provide excellent customer service to build a loyal customer base.

4. Are there any tools or resources available to help new consultants?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to help new consultants. Pampered Chef offers training sessions, webinars, and a consultant support hotline to answer any questions or concerns. You can also connect with other consultants in your area through local meetings and events. Additionally, there are online resources such as marketing materials and product information available to you.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid as a new consultant?

One common mistake to avoid as a new consultant is not setting realistic goals. It's important to set achievable goals and have a plan to reach them. Another mistake is not taking advantage of the training and resources available to you. Lastly, don't forget to follow up with customers and potential hosts after parties to keep your business growing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • K.Shaffer