• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top 3 Priorities for New Consultants

In summary, Beth suggests the following priorities for a new consultant:- Familiarize themselves with all the great tools and resources at their fingertips- Immediately apply for debit card/direct deposit- Complete the 1st 6 sweepstakes-eligible courses in the online training section of Consultant's Corner- Sign up for your PC.biz website (when debit card arrives)- Sign up for ChefSuccess.com (wink, wink)- Contact your friends and family from out of town- Download & install PP/P3 as soon as you can- Review all contents in their kit and write
CyndiWilliams
Hi Everyone,Can I pick everyone's brain here?What would each of you consider the TOP 3 Priorities for a New Consultant? If you can come up with a longer list than 3, that is good too. I am just looking for your expertise in what it takes to be certain a new Consultant sets herself up for success. (both short-term and long-term)The list below started out as the "Top 3" but how about if we work together to edit it and make it powerful for all of us to use? I have added Beth's suggestions already, and will add others as y'all suggest.Having fun!
Cyndi

• While waiting for kit to arrive
  • Login to Consultant's Corner and familiarize yourself with all the great tools & resources at your fingertips. Be SURE to print and study the Policies and Procedures document - this is vital!
  • Immediately apply for debit card / direct deposit
  • Complete the 1st 6 sweepstakes-eligible courses in the online training section of Consultant's Corner. (potential to win $25 credit with Merrill -- I got this one!! Woo Hoo!!)
  • Contact your friends and family from out of town. Invite them to do an online or book show & set up their shows through your Website Assistant in Consultant's Corner. (you can be collecting orders and ready to submit shows as soon as your debit card arrives)
  • Download & install PP/P3 as soon as you can.
    When your kit arrives
  • Review all contents in your kit and write down a list of all questions you have. Then contact your Recruiter, Director, Support Services and/or ChefSuccess.com to find your answers.
  • Try each recipe in your new Consultant kit, being sure to use your new PC products as often as you can. (then practice some more)
    First 30 Days
  • Book and hold 4 shows in your first 2 weeks to 30 days. (gets you qualified and your 1st 100 PC dollars)
  • Submit $1500 in orders in your first 30 days (also gets you qualified. This gives you free PC website for 3 months and opens up the individual ordering as well as the outlet on your website.)
  • Book a minimum of 4 shows to be held between days 31-60. (another 100 PC dollars when they have been submitted)
    First 90 Days
  • Complete the following by the end of your first 90 days, then submit your "Yes, I'm cookin" card for great rewards!
    [**]Become qualified
    [**]Observe 2 cooking shows conduced by other Consultants
    [**]Attend at least one Cluster meeting
    [**]Participate in 2 Table-Talk tele-classes
    Anytime
  • Utilize your Director, Support Services and ChefSuccess to the fullest any time you have questions! We are all here to help you succeed!
List of documents to provide to new Consultant:
  • Document to help them come up with their 1st 100 potential customers/host. (can't remember what it's called)
  • "What to do while you wait for your kit to arrive"

Last edited:
These are great! I would add that they should immediately apply for their debit card/direct deposit and pour over consultant's corner before they even get their kit.

When the kit arrives, read over all the paperwork.

And most important utilize their director to get the most out of their new business and get the best start they can.

Thanks Beth!I added your suggestions, and changed the post a little.Have a great day!
Cyndi

Read the policies and procedures - this answers SOOOO many questions about shows.

My best training was playing with the products and practicing the recipes, but that's because I never cooked before. o, many people may not be in the situation I was.

I agree with all of the above. I also encourage my new consultants to look through their whole entire kit when it comes. I encourage them to make a list of questions as they do this, then we talk on the phone shortly after to go through things that may not make sense to them.

Obviously confirming the four shows on their calendar that they entered on the consultant agreement. Shoot to get a few more. I also try to get them to book catalog shows with out of town friends and family FIRST and if needed, I will provide them with catalogs for this so they don't have to wait for the kit to come. This gets them started on catalog shows and some have had two or three ready to submit before they even have their debit card number! :)

GREAT idea to have this list. I always email the document "what to do while you wait for your kit to arrive" too as well as other things. Sorry my thoughts aren't all that succinct!!:eek: I babble on sometimes.

I was going to say all of these things as well. I also had my filing system set up.

My #1 is to control your calendar from the start. Book those first 4 within 2 weeks if possible. If people you call want to do a show but can not do a date in those 1st 2 weeks still book them but keep on working on those first 4 days. This will help your friends and family learn that you take your biz seriously. Not to mention get you off to a great start!

etteluap70PC said:
I was going to say all of these things as well. I also had my filing system set up.

My #1 is to control your calendar from the start. Book those first 4 within 2 weeks if possible. If people you call want to do a show but can not do a date in those 1st 2 weeks still book them but keep on working on those first 4 days. This will help your friends and family learn that you take your biz seriously. Not to mention get you off to a great start!

To add to this, start a list of everyone you know and everyone they know. Don't just think of those in your circle of friends. Think past that to your Christmas card list, your Facebook friends, your parents' friends, your kids' friends parents, your neighbors' friends and on and on.

WOW! This is really filling out nicely. Thank you for all the great input.One thing I had forgotten, but was CRUCIAL -- Install PP/P3. I got it in there now.Thanks again everyone. Keep em' comin'Cyndi

CyndiWilliams said:
WOW!
One thing I had forgotten, but was CRUCIAL -- Install PP/P3. I got it in there now.

Cyndi

Doesn't it come in the kit?

It does, but I downloaded and installed it before my kit even came. ;)

CyndiWilliams said:
It does, but I downloaded and installed it before my kit even came. ;)

Ahhh... See I did not know that. I would not even think of it with my slow / ancient dial up service.

Observe a show while waiting for the kit to arrive...either your recruiter's or another team member. Great OJT.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!How about the "Yes I'm Cookin" Reward....Going to add all of that now.Thanks

1. What are the top 3 priorities for new consultants?

The top 3 priorities for new consultants at Pampered Chef are building relationships with customers, learning about the products, and setting achievable goals.

2. How can I build relationships with customers as a new consultant?

Building relationships with customers is key to success as a new consultant. You can do this by hosting cooking parties, attending local events, and utilizing social media to connect with potential customers.

3. What is the best way to learn about Pampered Chef products?

As a new consultant, it is important to familiarize yourself with Pampered Chef products. You can attend training sessions, watch online tutorials, and practice using the products yourself to gain knowledge and confidence in selling them.

4. What are some achievable goals for new consultants?

Setting achievable goals is essential for success as a new consultant. These goals may include booking a certain number of parties, reaching a certain sales amount, or recruiting new team members. It is important to set realistic goals that motivate you to keep growing your business.

5. How can I stay motivated as a new consultant?

Staying motivated can be challenging as a new consultant, but it is crucial for success. One way to stay motivated is by setting small, achievable goals and celebrating each accomplishment. Additionally, surrounding yourself with a supportive team and attending company events can also help keep you motivated and inspired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
blarrabee
  • jnnfrc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Amyla324
  • Lilamyw3