• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Struggling to Get Planner--Any Advice?

In summary, Wade's new consultant planner situation was frustrating because she never received the Quick Start Kit that came with the calendar. She was lucky to speak to her director who was able to get her a new planner sent to her.
ChefClairissa
Im a new consultant and im a little peeved. I have been reading threads about people getting or not getting their planners in the mail and when they do get it, how nice and new it looks and how they cant wait to fill it up.

Its gotten me so excited for mine! Theres just one problem, I never got mine.
:( So I called HO today and asked why they didnt send me one. They told me that because I signed up in November, that I was after the cutoff date and I will have to wait until some change over on the supply orderform, and I will have to pay for it :confused: . I must admit, i was a little taken aback. PC has been so wonderful to me from the day I started, and now this? I wondering if you must pay for your planner and what this change over thing is. And if anyone has any ideas as to how I can get my hands on one now. I dont think I should be left behind just because im new!

I signed up last November 4th and they sent me a new one. I had to call to get one but they sent me one. I would call back and talk to someone else. It doesn't seem fair to make new consultants pay for something the rest of us get for free. I've always thought they need to do the last two and first two months surrounding the new year. That way if they have someone new in November they can just send them the new calendar and not worry about using a calendar for two months and having to use a new one.

It is frustrating giving out Quick Start Kits with a 2007 calendar when it is 2008. I think all new consultants should be mailed one from the QSK if they sign after December 1. I can understand there being a cut-off date for mailing the nicer ones, but they should do batches of mailings of the calendars after the cut-off date for consultants who sign at the end of the year.

Thanks Wadesgirl! I did call back and I got someone new and I should be recieving my planner in 7-10 business days! Now im really excited!

Glad to hear you got it taken care of. Sometimes (ephasize SOMETIMES - not condoning this solution in all situations) you have to call back to get what you want. Sometimes the person you talk to the first time may not have all the correct information, you wouldn't believe how many times I've called to ask a question and the person I'm talking to doesn't know the answer or gives me the wrong answer. Very frustrating.

Especially durning the holidays the people at HO could be new and definitely are overstressed.

#1 rule about the Solution Center--when you call and don't like the answer, hang up and call back and ask someone else! LOL!

DebbieJ said:
#1 rule about the Solution Center--when you call and don't like the answer, hang up and call back and ask someone else! LOL!

#2 and #3 Rule - see Rule #1!!! HA!:D

jrstephens said:
#2 and #3 Rule - see Rule #1!!! HA!:D

Too funny. I just had to share, though, about a year ago I called w/ an issue. I didn't like the answer, so I hung up and called back. I waited forever, and then the person that answered was the same person I talked to earlier. Now THAT didn't work out for me too well.:eek:

dianevill said:
Too funny. I just had to share, though, about a year ago I called w/ an issue. I didn't like the answer, so I hung up and called back. I waited forever, and then the person that answered was the same person I talked to earlier. Now THAT didn't work out for me too well.:eek:
If that happens again ask for a supervisor! lol

Probably a strange question, but what is this planner that you all speak of, and do Canadian Consultants get these too? I have never received one?

I got my kit Jan 5th and it came with the 2007 planner. I called the person who recruited me and she called HO. They told her I had to buy one. I turned around and called HO myself and the lady I spoke with told me they would ship one out in 24 to 48 hours. A few days later, I got a call back from HO and they told me that they couldn't send me one that I had to buy it. Well, I spoke with my Director and SHE called HO. It's in the mail! I am waiting to see the outcome!

DebbieJ said:

I Love it... but it is so dang true!!!!

I'm a new consultant also. I signed up in December. I was under the impression that they sent out the 2008 planner with the spring paperwork. Is this not true? Do I also need to call HO to get a 2008 planner? They sent me a 2007 with the kit!

yeah i signed up in dec and got the 2007 planner... i think i am going to call today and ask them

I called for a new consultant on Tuesday night and the first girl I talked to told me she was going to have to purchase the calendar that there was nothing they could do. I was a little peeved...I mean she signed December 31 and got a 2007 calendar, come on. So I called back, got the nicest lady who said she would have it mailed out in 24-48 hours. It really does depend on who you talk to. My motto for the solution center...if at first you don't get the answer you want, call, call again :)

My 2008 Planner is available if someone wants it. I live by my day planner, but it is the smaller paper size. Email me if you want it... no charge unless the postage is more than a buck or two (of course, donations are ALWAYS accepted ;))

SandiLeigh said:
Probably a strange question, but what is this planner that you all speak of, and do Canadian Consultants get these too? I have never received one?

I signed up on June 30 and never received one for that year ... I just ended up printing out the pages from the printable materials cd. When December came, I was sent the 2008 one. When did you sign up? That seems to be the deciding factor here in Canada as to whether you receive a planner for the year.

And as for WHAT the planner is all about, it's 2 pages to every week, and each day is divided into segments so you can plan your shows and whatnot. On the side is a spot for you to keep track of monthly specials, etc. The front has contact info for HO as well as a place for you to write in your info, along with the contact info for your upline ... it's really useful (but quite large)

Check out your printables cd and see what you think!!

I have a 2008 planner that I am willing to part with to...free of charge. If you want it, email me your address and I will send it out. My email is [email protected]

Chef Clairissa,

I just signed a recruit last week. I gave her a quick start box on hand. It had the 2007 calendar. As a gift to my recruit, I just purchased her one. You may talk to your director, since this is such a vital part of your business.

If someone signs today with the current QSB will they receive a change over box?

Directors can keep change over boxes on hand, so new recruits can get started right away. Directors had until Jan.26 to give the boxes to new recruits or they had to purchase the boxes. Ask your director is he/she keeps change over boxes on hand. It's really helpful to get someone started when all the new recruit has to wait for is the products. New recruits can give their packets to their first hosts to start their business.

oops- I was answering a question about a quick start box, not change over box. Ignore my response.

Did anyone get a planner that is mangled? I got mine, but the outside packaging was completely torn up and the planner itself has a torn edge on the outside. Inside is fine.

If anyone wants mine, they can have it. I never use them. I have my own mini that I prefer. Free to a good home....if you don't mind one slightly bent!

lockhartkitchen said:
Directors can keep change over boxes on hand, so new recruits can get started right away. Directors had until Jan.26 to give the boxes to new recruits or they had to purchase the boxes. Ask your director is he/she keeps change over boxes on hand. It's really helpful to get someone started when all the new recruit has to wait for is the products. New recruits can give their packets to their first hosts to start their business.

You scared me!! I had to go back and check my e-mails from HO. We have until the 28th to use our QSB's. I have one fence sitter that I am hoping will sign by tomorrow. We'll see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the planners on supply are not as nice as the ones sent to existing consultants.

The supply ones have a 3-hole punch and the ones sent to existing consultants have a spiral edge so they can lay flat.

I have a question when did you get your 2008 planners - I signed up in March 2007 and I didn't get one?

You should call, they'll send you a new one.

hmm so if a person just signed this week I wonder if they will get one? or have to buy it?

karaboo2 said:
And as for WHAT the planner is all about, it's 2 pages to every week, and each day is divided into segments so you can plan your shows and whatnot. On the side is a spot for you to keep track of monthly specials, etc. The front has contact info for HO as well as a place for you to write in your info, along with the contact info for your upline ... it's really useful (but quite large)

Check out your printables cd and see what you think!!

So, the planner is different from the calendar, right?? I am new and received the 2008 monthly calendar, but there is also a weekly planner available? I think I would like the planner.

That's it- just the monthly calendar. Canadians receive one that has weekly planning pages, but U.S. consultants just get the calendar.

hmm so if a person just signed this week I wonder if they will get one? or have to buy it?

I would think it would be in their new kit. HO told me anyone who signs after 1/30 would have all spring paperwork in their kit. I've seen it said on here that it would be a mixture of fall and spring. Maybe one of the new consultants who just got a kit could say for sure?

Canadians receive one that has weekly planning pages, but U.S. consultants just get the calendar.

Hmm I think I'd like the one with the planner also. Would sure save me money on notepads and sticky notes. lol

I think I am going to have to go find some money so that I can go shopping Ann

1. Why haven't I received my planner as a new consultant?

The planner is typically sent out to new consultants in their welcome kit. However, there is a cutoff date for when new consultants must sign up in order to receive the planner for free. If you signed up after this date, you may have to wait until the next supply order to receive your planner.

2. Do I have to pay for my planner?

If you signed up after the cutoff date, you may have to pay for your planner. This is because there is a cost associated with producing and shipping the planner, and as a new consultant, you may not have met the minimum sales requirement to receive it for free.

3. What is the "change over" on the supply order form?

The "change over" refers to the transition period between old and new supply orders. During this time, some items may not be available for purchase or may have limited availability. This could be the reason why you were told to wait until the next supply order to receive your planner.

4. How can I get my hands on a planner now?

If you are eager to get your hands on a planner, you can try reaching out to your upline or fellow consultants to see if they have an extra one they can lend or sell to you. Additionally, you can also use digital tools or apps to keep track of your business until you receive your planner.

5. Is it fair that I am left behind because I am a new consultant?

While it may be frustrating to not receive a planner right away, it is important to understand that there are certain cutoff dates and requirements in place for receiving certain materials for free. However, there are still resources and support available to you as a new consultant, so don't let this setback discourage you from growing your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedchef88
  • stefani2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefEsther
  • smstrks