• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Multiple Returned Checks: What Should I Do?

In summary, when faced with a customer's check being returned for non-sufficient funds, it is important to first contact the customer and inform them of the situation. You may want to consider asking for an alternate form of payment or setting up a payment plan. Re-depositing a returned check is possible, but it does not guarantee funds will be available. It is recommended to only attempt re-depositing once or twice before seeking alternative solutions. Legal action can be taken against a customer for a returned check, but it should be a last resort. To prevent returned checks in the future, you can implement measures such as requiring cash or card payments, setting up automatic bank transfers, or using a check verification service, and clearly communicating payment policies
kisrae
Gold Member
I had a returned transaction. I had a feeling this was about to happen. I had 6 yes SIX returned checks :mad: between my last two shows. I use one account for PC orders and deposited all the check in that account.

What do you think I should do? Should I wait to pay HO until I collect all the $. I don't have any shows until Mid Jan. So I wouldn'thave to submit any shows until then. Or just pay and hope that I get my money. All the guest already have their items.:grumpy:

the sooner that you can clear this up with ho the better. if they try to take the money and it is not there-you could eventually be put on money order only status which is a huge pain. call them right away and decide a solution. and contact all 6 of those people right away and let them know actions will be taken by you if not resolved. i speak from experience-the situation can go bad for you very quickly trying to cover other people. good luck!

I agree with Tracey - and make them pay by cash or money order

1. What should I do if a customer's check is returned for non-sufficient funds?

If a customer's check is returned for non-sufficient funds, you should first contact the customer to inform them of the returned check. Depending on the situation, you may also want to ask for an alternate form of payment or set up a payment plan. You may also want to consider implementing a policy that charges a fee for returned checks to cover any additional costs incurred.

2. Can I re-deposit a returned check?

Yes, you can re-deposit a returned check. However, you should first contact the customer to inform them of the returned check and give them the opportunity to provide a different form of payment. If the customer agrees, you can then re-deposit the check. Keep in mind that re-depositing a returned check does not guarantee that the funds will be available.

3. How many times can I re-deposit a returned check?

You can typically only re-deposit a returned check once or twice. After multiple attempts, it is unlikely that the check will clear. It is important to communicate with the customer and try to find an alternative solution for payment.

4. Can I take legal action against a customer for a returned check?

Yes, you can take legal action against a customer for a returned check. However, this should be a last resort and only used if all other attempts to retrieve payment have failed. It is important to have a clear policy in place for dealing with returned checks and to communicate this policy to your customers.

5. What can I do to prevent returned checks in the future?

To prevent returned checks in the future, you can implement certain measures such as requiring payment in cash or by credit/debit card, setting up automatic bank transfers, or using a check verification service. It is also important to have clear payment policies in place and to communicate them to your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • jimgass
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cmcchef
  • linojackie