• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Dilemma: Submitting Show & Waiting for Checks?

In summary, the director had a dilemma with a difficult hostess who was supposed to pay for the products by May 1st. However, the hostess was waiting for a friend's credit card number and ended up mailing the checks on 4/30 (postmarked 5/2) when the director had already moved. The director contacted the hostess and finally received the credit card number, but the checks were still being forwarded to the director's new address. The director was unsure whether to submit the show and hope the checks would arrive or wait for the mail to forward. In the end, the director decided to wait for the checks and submit the show once she received them. The checks finally arrived and the director submitted the show.
chefkathy
I have a dilemma....Did a show on 4/26 for a sister director. The hostess has been a tad difficult and since the show was a hand-off, I didn't do any coaching or have a chance to build rapport with her.She wanted the things in time for Mother's Day,so I told her that I would need all money to me by May 1st. She was waiting to get a friend's CC number and she was going to mail me the other checks.In the meantime, I moved somewhat unexpectedly. She had my old address, so the checks will be forwarded, which takes more time. If she had mailed them when she said she was going to, I would have received them before I moved. I called her over the weekend and finally today I got her friends CC# but of course I don't have the checks.So what do I do? Submit the show and hope the checks show up?? Or wait for the mail to forward? I feel kinda dumb that I have moved and didn't give her my new address--like it's not her fault, you know?I don't think she's not good for it--not at all. Plus, her mom booked for later this month so I will see her again if anything gets screwy.Thoughts?

DebbieJ said:
I have a dilemma....

Did a show on 4/26 for a sister director. The hostess has been a tad difficult and since the show was a hand-off, I didn't do any coaching or have a chance to build rapport with her.

She wanted the things in time for Mother's Day,so I told her that I would need all money to me by May 1st. She was waiting to get a friend's CC number and she was going to mail me the other checks.

In the meantime, I moved somewhat unexpectedly. She had my old address, so the checks will be forwarded, which takes more time. If she had mailed them when she said she was going to, I would have received them before I moved.

I called her over the weekend and finally today I got her friends CC# but of course I don't have the checks.

So what do I do? Submit the show and hope the checks show up?? Or wait for the mail to forward? I feel kinda dumb that I have moved and didn't give her my new address--like it's not her fault, you know?

I don't think she's not good for it--not at all. Plus, her mom booked for later this month so I will see her again if anything gets screwy.

Thoughts?

How much money are we discussing?

Is there an address you can have the show shipped to so you have the products until you know you have the checks? (I think you are between houses, right?) That would be best but otherwise go with your gut.

I was just going to look that up. ~$135.

bethcooks4u said:
Is there an address you can have the show shipped to so you have the products until you know you have the checks? (I think you are between houses, right?) That would be best but otherwise go with your gut.

Yes, we are in between houses. My sister is always happy to receive deliveries for me, but then I would have to drive it out to this hostess. She lives about 30 miles away--not a drive I want to make again on purpose.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, we are in between houses. My sister is always happy to receive deliveries for me, but then I would have to drive it out to this hostess. She lives about 30 miles away--not a drive I want to make again on purpose.
Well, that's better than not getting your money.

I would send it in and have it delivered to myself. The checks will arrive before the box and it should be ok

I agree with pcjenni.

Count me in too. I have been stiffed enough times that I will not take it. In fact I will be chasing a few down the hard way soon!:devil:

I agree with Jenni and Carolyn. Its worth it to have it shipped to your home and then drop it off.

Just wanted to update y'all. I chose not to submit the show until I had the money. The checks FINALLY arrived today--she told me she mailed the checks on 4/30, the postmark showed 5/2, and then with the mail forwarding since I moved, they finally arrived today. Once I got the mail, I submitted the show. Glad it's over! Now she'll probably be calling me wondering where the products are since it's taking so long. Oh well!

Glad it worked out Deb. It's just not worth the risk of getting stiffed!

Glad it's all good now Deb! you don't need one more thing to worry about. :)

What is the process for submitting a show and waiting for checks?

The process for submitting a show and waiting for checks involves hosting a Pampered Chef party, collecting orders from guests, submitting the orders to the company, and then waiting for the orders to be processed and checks to be received.

What is the timeline for receiving checks after submitting a show?

The timeline for receiving checks after submitting a show can vary, but typically it takes 2-3 weeks for orders to be processed and checks to be mailed out. Factors such as holidays and high order volumes may affect this timeline.

How can I track the status of my submitted show?

You can track the status of your submitted show by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the "My Shows" tab. This will show you the status of each submitted show, including when the orders were received and when the checks were mailed out.

What should I do if I have not received my checks after the expected timeline?

If you have not received your checks after the expected timeline, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance. They can help track your order and provide an update on when you can expect to receive your checks.

What happens if a guest cancels their order after I have submitted it?

If a guest cancels their order after you have submitted it, the order will be removed from your submitted show and you will not receive a commission for that order. However, you can still receive credit towards your own personal purchases if the order was originally placed through your show link.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • quiverfull7