• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having Other Ds Shows - Long and Venting!

not being able to get ahold of her. Please don't worry, I'll rebook the date. I'll e-mail you the details as soon as I have them. I hope you're doing well!
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I did a party for a CM consultant in December. She insisted on sending out her own invitations and put down 11am on a Friday for the show. It was supposed to be 7pm. She had two people there - neither interested in booking and they combined their order against my suggestion. One was only getting the small spreader, so I did kind of feel bad. I think the CM consultant considered it a "successful" show because two people came. She had to make an $80 order to get it to $150. I was interested in doing a CM show in January, but let her know in very certain language that it was not to be held at my house and I was cohosting with a friend because nobody comes to my shows. She made up the invites (they look horrible - another post later) and put "Kate's house" for where the party was to be held - not even an address! And, this is after I said I wasn't having it at my house. She doesn't listen! Then I get an email from her last night asking if I had sent my invites. I replied and here is the conversation:

CM CONSULTANT:
I hope you're having a good new year! Have you sent out your 30 invitations for your Creative Memories Get Together on Saturday, January 24, yet? Remember, you'll get more people at your party if you contact them at least three times. You can, also, use your password I sent you and get into the Host Connection section of my web site and enter your guests there. In Host Connection, you can e-mail your guests for a second reminder. Then, all you have to do is give them a phone call reminder a few days before your Get Together! If you have any questions, please e-mail or call me. I'll call you this week to see how you're doing. Take care!

ME:
I hate to do this, but I want you to have time to rebook the date. I'm going to have to postpone indefinitely. The party was going to be with Cheri and at her house. She has been mostly in the hospital since your party and is now in a hospital out of town. If I were to do the party by myself, nobody would come. I've tried for 10 years to have parties and cannot get more than 2 people to come. We can revisit it when Cheri is feeling better.

CM:
I'm not happy about this, because my condition for holding a Pampered Chef party was that you would hold a Creative Memories party for me. I just had a successful party Saturday with only three guests in attendance. We can postpone this, but please do not put me off forever.

ME:
I understand, but decided to make a decision in a time which would allow you to rebook that date. I do plan on having the party. What most people don't understand is that I don't have successful parties without doing it with someone else. I have tried for 10 years. I told you this when we booked the party. I have no control over Cheri being in the hospital and can't even get ahold of her. To give you an idea, almost 4 weeks ago we met with one of her friends who wanted to sign up to be a PC consultant. Cheri took the paper agreement home with her (her friend didn't have online access) and was going to put it in for her. There was a promotion going on through the end of December for new consultants. Cheri has been so sick that I haven't been able to talk with her for more than about 1 minute since that meeting. I don't have her new recruit's contact info. Because of that, the recruit didn't get signed up in time for the promo. I have no idea what is going on with Cheri and if she is even going to be alive for much longer. I can't get ahold of her and didn't want you to lose out on a day of work. Do you see why I did this? Seriously, nobody comes to my parties and if they do, they don't purchase much of anything at all. I do not have the money right now to complete a minimum party since my MIL's septic tank is broken and my husband and I are financially responsible for her. This is the only thing I could think to do. What else could I do?

CM:

I understand about Cheri and about home parties. It's very difficult to get anyone to go to any kind of home party anymore. I just didn't want you to blow me off. We can wait until a better time for that.

Thank you for telling me how Cheri's doing Kate. She been in my thoughts all through the holidays. Do Cheri and her daughter need any meals?
You take care, and please let me know when you can do the party.

ME:
Glad you understand. I didn't want to have to reschedule, but I also didn't want to leave you with not enough time to get another party.

Cheri, as far as I know, is still out of town in the hospital. I don't know if they need meals because I can't get ahold of them. As soon as I do, and if they need meals, I'll let you know.

Maybe I didn't word it right (but I think I did a good job of being up front) but this is what we ask that people do for us - let us know as soon as they know and as bluntly as possible. If she had read the first email I sent, she would have gotten the answers to everything she pointed out later. It just bugs me that she would not only treat a host this way, but to treat another ds consultant like this. I'm not stupid, I know how things work. Am I overreacting or what?

Oh, and I know the PMSing part of me is thinking "I'm not having a hard time booking parties now because what I sell is for EVERYONE!"

Kate, I think you handled that well. Sounds like the CM consultant finally got it, too.

You did a great job with this! I probably p.o. other d.s. consultants, but I tell them between my PC business and working full time I have no time to do a party but I would love to take their catalog (if it is a product I like...I don't like too many others!). I do order when I like and or need a product.

Besides, my house thinks I just come home to dump more stuff in it and leave!!!:yuck::eek:

At least I know I'm not crazy! I couldn't think of how to word it any better.

baychef said:
You did a great job with this! I probably p.o. other d.s. consultants, but I tell them between my PC business and working full time I have no time to do a party but I would love to take their catalog (if it is a product I like...I don't like too many others!). I do order when I like and or need a product.

Besides, my house thinks I just come home to dump more stuff in it and leave!!!:yuck::eek:

I LOVE this line! I can so relate!:eek:

1. What are the benefits of having other Direct Sales shows?

Having other Direct Sales shows can bring in new customers and increase your sales. It also allows you to network with other consultants and potentially cross-promote each other's businesses. Additionally, hosting shows for other consultants can earn you extra income through commission or free products.

2. How do I find other consultants to host shows for?

You can reach out to your own network of friends and family who may be consultants for other companies. You can also join online groups or forums specifically for direct sales consultants to connect with others who are interested in hosting shows for each other.

3. How do I promote and market my show to get more attendees?

Utilize social media and email marketing to advertise your show to your current customers and potential new customers. You can also create flyers or postcards to distribute in your local community or at events. Collaborating with the other consultant to cross-promote each other's shows can also help increase attendance.

4. How should I structure the show to make it successful for both parties?

It's important to have clear communication with the other consultant to determine how the show will be structured and what products will be featured. Consider offering a special promotion or discount for attendees who make purchases from both consultants. Also, make sure to give equal time and attention to both consultants during the show.

5. Can I have multiple consultants host shows on the same day?

It is possible to have multiple consultants host shows on the same day, but it may be more beneficial to space them out to avoid overwhelming your guests and potential overlap in attendance. It's best to discuss and coordinate with the other consultant to determine the best date for both parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • ChefLisa
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies