• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going to Try to Make "Lemonade"

In summary, the charity organization has changed the event from 12-8pm to 2pm-6pm, and they are expecting 300+ people. They are asking for $40 from the participants, but the organizers have decided to go for it and hope to recruit more volunteers and donors. They print off their commission check statement and blow it up next to a "help wanted" sign. They have a recruiter there to help them.
esavvymom
Staff member
I signed up to do a booth this coming Friday. It is for a charity organization who is providing backpacks of school supplies for kids. It's their first event (how do i keep finding those?). It was supposed to be from 12-8pm and was $40. Sent my money, she cashed my check, I emailed her yesterday to confirm and ask a couple basic questions (attendance, website for org, etc).THEN She replies that the event has changed to be 2pm-6pm. They are expecting 300+ for the backpacks, and it's their 1st year doing this. At first, I was ticked because she has cut the time of the event in HALF but not offered any of my money back! :mad: I'm not sure that's even legal...I applied for this based on one thing, and they changed it on us without notification or offer of money back. I wanted to shoot back an email asking for half of my money back then! But I didn't. I slept on it......:indif:Now I'm thinking (1) the money is probably what they are using to fill the backpacks for the kids and if they had just ASKED, I probably would have just donated the extra fee for the cause, (2) this could be an opportunity for recruiting and sharing what we have to offer to families in need! One of the reasons I started my business was to help families save money on their food expenses and maybe find some extra income! I should print off my commission check statement from last month (2 shows) and blow it up next to a "help wanted" sign. :D So now I'm approaching this as a great recruiting benefit- not a "buy stuff from me!!" type of vendor. My recruit and I will be working the event- we had planned on sharing because of the length and me needing to have childcare...but that's not an issue anymore. So I'm going to go for it.(Any tips would be appreciated though!) :)

Have your calender ready to go and set appointments and shows up right there! Have thank you postcards ready to go so you can drop them in the mail for your shows when you leave the booth that way they get it in a day or two.......

Should you have some coloring sheets printed and crayons for kids to keep busy while you talk to parents? since it is a kid function. Just a thought...

The recruiting approach sounds good because my first thought is if these families are here to get free back to school supplies it is probably because money is very tight.

chefcharity said:
Have your calender ready to go and set appointments and shows up right there! Have thank you postcards ready to go so you can drop them in the mail for your shows when you leave the booth that way they get it in a day or two.......

Should you have some coloring sheets printed and crayons for kids to keep busy while you talk to parents? since it is a kid function. Just a thought...

What a great idea.

PCMomto4 said:
The recruiting approach sounds good because my first thought is if these families are here to get free back to school supplies it is probably because money is very tight.

That's what I thought too.

And great idea on having something for the kids!

Someone on here eons ago mentioned doing some glitter or confetti in the Family Size Pitcher. I thought that was such a cool idea. While you're talking to parents, kids will get a kick out of stirring all this up. (Probably a few adults too).

I would also definitely have some type of DCB flyer there. Let them see some of the yummy stuff that can be made in a fraction of the time and cost. I had a really good one, but am on DH's computer right now so I can't attach. I'll try to later if I can remember.

Good luck!

Don't be surprised if the only contacts that you get are the volunteers of the charity organization. I agree with the recruiting angle. You never know who will come by.

What ingredients do I need to make lemonade?

To make lemonade, you will need lemons, water, sugar, and ice. You can also add other ingredients such as mint leaves or berries for added flavor.

Do I need any special equipment to make lemonade?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make lemonade. A pitcher and a spoon for stirring will suffice.

How do I make sure my lemonade isn't too sour?

To balance out the sourness of lemons, make sure to add enough sugar to your lemonade. You can also add a pinch of salt to enhance the sweetness.

Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemons?

While fresh lemons will give your lemonade a more authentic and fresh taste, you can use bottled lemon juice as a substitute if necessary. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar accordingly.

How long will homemade lemonade stay fresh?

If stored in the refrigerator, homemade lemonade will stay fresh for up to 5 days. However, it is best to consume it within 2-3 days for the best quality and taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MeesMom3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies